Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Try Alykes. It has all you need, and there are some lovely suitable apartments on http://www.alykes.com.
Wendy
:D
Hello
I need some help....Am off to Lagana in Zante ( for the 2nd time) but this time am going B&B instead of s/c. am staying at the ALEXANDER HOTEL.
I need info on where i could hire a fridge. am not sure whether there is one for hire at the accomodation. I know in some resorts i have heard of people hirng them. Could anyone please help.....I would be most grateful!!!

Maria
Hi

we had friends staying in the Alexander this may 04 and when we visited them i'm sure a fridge was in the room..

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/470/
Marshall said:

The hotel is large and as far as Greece goes on par with other hotels.
etc etc......

Point to note the reps were excellent - Helen Gregory and Ben. Both understood our concerns and moved very quickly to move us to another hotel.

*** Air con and fridge were extra 70E per week. ***
thanks for anothr reply............... just wanted to know that because i am going b&b, do you think it ould be posible for me to hire a fridge??
maria
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on working in Zante for the summer. I am planning on going from end of May to mid September with a friend. I have been to Greece before but never Zante. Is it best to try and secure a job and apartment before we go or just play it by ear? Any info is much appreciated. :D
Try http://www.justzante.co.uk

I think there is a job section on there,if not you should find a link to one. 8)
Hi :wave

Here's a fairly new forum.
Quite a few members have worked on the island so you could ask away to those that know. http://www.laganas.me.uk/ << Adult content in the form of language / images unsuitable for minors may be found on this forum

General info from the employers sites is to turn up on the island as early as possible in the new season.. April.. which isnt very easy as flights are very few at that time so you go via Athens and ferry. this will enable you to shop for the best jobs being there while all the setting up for the new season is going on.. cleaning, getting stuff out of storage, painting etc.

Other way is to book a one / two week discount holiday so you have somewhere to stay and a ticket home if things dont go to plan.

HERE'S A GOOD PLACE TO LOOK.. for jobs, help and advice about Zakynthos (zante)

http://www.zanteconnect.com/news_jobs.php

What is Zanteconnect? Zanteconnect is a friendly communication and information network set up by Lisa and Sandra, Irish and English respectively, who have both lived nearly 20 years in Zakynthos.

http://www.zanteconnect.com/

I'm sure the few links ive given you should help you find something.
if not here's another way.. it's not free as your required to pay a small fee to cover admin etc and you need to cover your costs etc but from what ive read over the years the group does have fun and you will come away with friends from around the world and save a few turtles http://groups.msn.com/ArchelonZakynthos2004/volunteerin2004.msnw

paul [/b]
Hi there I am going to zante for the first time at the end of september can anyone advise on the temperatures at that time of year? Does it get cold in the evenings? Jacqui
You may get the odd cold evening, but on the whole it should still be quite warm.
Thanks for the reply. Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,
Where in Zante are you going?
Hi there, we are going to kalamaki late September, early october. We have never been to zante before so, really have no idea what to expect. Jacqui
I've been to Zante twice and really loved it. We went to Kalamaki a few times. Its a lovely resort, lots of bars, restaurants and shops. The beach is great here too. The weather should be fairly good you may need a light jacket for the evenings. Hire a car and tour the island, its wonderful. Avoid the waterpark its a total waste of money.

Have fun.

Sarah
Thanks Sarah, will take on board the advice regarding the waterpark. Really looking forward to going as being told the island is so nice put`s any doubt`s to rest. Jacqui
Jacqui,
the temperature overnight can drop to around 12C overnight at that time of year which is quite chilly. It certainly feels cold if the daytime temperature has been 20C +.

Spiros
:wave will have to look out for you Jaqui :lol: we are going to Kalamaki on the 29th of september, staying at the Caretta Beach hotel, managed to get a great deal (£1100 for 2 adults and 3 kids) fingers xx the sun shines :lol:

where are you staying :D
Hi there, we are staying at the Dennis 11 apartments but, we don`t know of anyone who has actually stayed there so, fingers xx it`s okay. We go 22nd sep for the two weeks. We also got a fairly good price with manos. £900 for three adults in a two bedroom apartment. Never travelled with manos before but, they are supposed to be okay. Myself, husband Norman and my sister Dot. Our kids will all be at home at work as the youngest is now 19yrs. (Thank the lord)
My daughter and neice are staying at the carretta beach when they go to zante but, they travel 14th august. My son is staying at the marilyn hotel where he stayed last year but, they spend loads of time at laganas as they are a little more wild than us, not that we are old fogies.
Jacqui
Hi,

My boyfriend and i are going to Zante on 22nd May for a week. We are staying at the Canadian Studio's in Laganas. Neither of us have been to Zante before although i have been to other greek islands.

I understand there is no watersports at Laganas? I've also heard that Zante is full of flies?

Any information would be good, my boyfriend would love to see some turtles so any recommended excursions for this? Any info on our studios will also be appreciated.
hi,

My little boy and I went to Zante for end may/early June last year and the weather was very HOT HOT HOT!!! Reaching well over 100'f on occasions..., we didnt have one bad day, hardly any clouds and it was very hot. Couple of days it was even too hot to even walk on the sand without beach shoes. The locals did say it wa unsually hot, but I dont think I would choose to travel later into the summer!

We stayed in Argassi which was really nice and went on different trips etc from there, was ideal for us. Have not heard of the places you are staying in. As for flies.....I dont recall having a problem with them at all....had late nite mossies who love me wherever I go, but apart from that I dont remember there being a fly problem at all.

We did book a trip through one of the tour places on the high street for a beach/turtle trip. We were lucky to see a lot of dolphins. We didnt choose the cheapest trip but travelled with a tour guide who workd in the preservation of the dolphin sites etc. He was excellent. While the swimming part of the trip was not suitable for those who didnt like swimming in deep water or for kids who weren't comfortable in deep waters.

You can also get a bus which goes to St Nicholas beach...it is a courtesy bus which is free and you pay for the sun loungers on the beach which gives you a return ticket back. This beach is a watersports beach.

If I went back to zante though I would be tempted to hire a car to get round and about.

Overall I preferred Crete to Zante, but did like Zante and would happily return there.

Best Wishes

Karen x

The
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.