Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Tweetie Pie,

Yes the desk is manned, make sure you print your boarding passes but when at the desk they will barcode your bags and reprint your boarding cards in the tradiational style, just like normal check in really but there is very rarely a long line of people waiting.
thanks BEfreeTODAY.....I have now checked in online :) ....and they didnt charge me any extra to do it .. :D ..so its £15 return to book your seat and check in online ...but as said earlier can only check in for outward flight and home bound flight saying not available.....chose the email me the boarding passes....and they are now safely printed off and safe with my passports :cheers ....I think these posts might help someone else...nervous about doing things for the first time...like me.....and makes me feel happier to know there is a manned desk incase of any problems....no real difference to normal check in but quicker getting through if its busy.....me being nervous is always at check in waiting for it to open...so probably wont make too much difference to me...but nice feeling to know if any delays wont back of a long queue....and Ive learn how to do something new :tup ...tweetie
TWEETIE PIE wrote:
hi.....thanks for replies....never done this before so got a head full of worries....is the bag drop just for thomascooks customers....is it all automated or is there someone from thomascook there.....how do the cases get the barcoding they need on them.....we are 4 on same booking ...so cases go by combined weight 4 x 20kgs.....do they get weighed ...what if one case is over but another is under....will it be the same as going via normal check in and the combined weight of the 4 cases.......worried incase there is more risk of cases going missing........also on reading the ticket book it lists the airports you can do online check in....MAN is not listed....but it does say more being added....so is there definately the online check in for thomascook at MAN airport now......tweetie

ps.....as Ive booked my seats do I get the online check in as part of the price.....or do I have to pay £15 each on top for the online check in....its not clear ...when they are advertising on site to get you to book your seats they say quote...If you've selected Seats together/Your Seat Your Choice as part of your booking:
But it says else where ....priority check in £15 per person

So now I have booked my seats will I be charged extra to check in online

You can choose your seats online and check-in up to seven days before departure.**

tweetie Pie
If you ......pre book your....... seats/Your seat ......Your Choice, .........you get Online .........check in .......free.,

Priority Check in....... is something........ completely different, .......that.... is for passengers to...... pay to skip the main Q and..... also priority ........boarding is included..........

:rofl couldn't help myself with my DOTS!!!
hi mikebravo :shush .....I am a bit dotty... :rofl ....I find it easier to say what I want by making short statements...and seperating them with the dots....better than one of my essays...and thanks for clarrifying things..

hi Darren...was reading one of your trip reports on a 767 to turkey....you mentioned it had a belly camera...does that mean my flight to gran caneria on monday morning on a B767 will have one too...TCX433K...would be interesting.....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

That's correct, you'll have the flight cams providing the crew show them. They make for great viewing, especially on day light flights. Have a great time :cheers :sun2

Darren
thanks Darren.....this holiday is looking better and better :hols .....added interest now for the lads.....do hope they do have it on..... :fly cant wait now......tweetie
Hi all,

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, I've checked 6 pages back and I don't see any mention of it so here goes.

Thomas Cook have amended their IFE policy and no longer guarantee IFE on flights less than 7 hours. My folks just got back from Greece, they got a letter with their tickets stating the update in the policy. Now, here comes the money spinner (or not), on the flights with no IFE they are renting out PSP type handhelds with pre-loaded films for £7.50 a pop. Sounds like they weren't renting out too many though - little wonder at that price.

Netbook and loaded DVD'd it is then!
Hi Tweetie

I'd definitely take the confirmation of your seat booking to the airport. I know you're going to Gran Canaria too which is where we went.

We returned from a 2 week holiday yesterday. The outbound flight the system had gone down, despite there being loads of people behind us we were told they only had the front row seats left together but these turned out to be good seats as there was a bit more leg room. I had originally booked different seats but they said as the system had gone down the seats had gone to someone else. We were offered a form to claim the money back we'd paid for booking the seats from our rep. However, the last thing on our mind when our holiday had just started was to make a complaint as we did end up with good seats anyway. The service on the flight was brilliant.

The return journey was a complete nightmare! the service was shocking and quite frankly i'm disgusted at the attitude of the cabin crew. This time we did get the seats we'd booked but only after showing the check in lady my confirmation as she was going to put us in different seats!! luckily the seats we'd booked hadn't yet gone to someone else. Something went wrong however, as I was watching a movie on one of the psp's (which you have to pay for) when I thought it was getting a bit late not to have served the food. I looked up and they were clearing away food from some of the passengers. We'd not been given it but had selected it when booking our holiday. We told one of the cabin crew who's attitude was to say oh well we haven't got any of the meals left, we'll have to fill in a flight report as this happens all the time. I was astonished, if it happens all the time why not put measures in place to fix it!!! apparently we werent on the list for food. They then even said we couldn't have selected it, so I had to get out our holiday booklet to prove to them we had booked the meal. We were then offered the meals you can pay for, however we didn't get offered any of the extras you get with the meal such as the bread, crackers, cake, juice etc. My boyfriend chose to have the breakfast meal which was sausages and beans mixed together and I went for mushroom stroganoff. It was vile!!!! there was so much oil in it. I pushed some of the food to the side of the container and tipped it forwards and all this oil was there. Ewwwww! It took them 45 minutes to bring this to us after originally telling them. They didn't bring knifes and forks so had to ask for those, they then bought us a plastic tea spoon each and said they didn't have any plastic knifes and forks left. Well surprisingly neither of us ate much. It was by now 4pm and we'd not eaten since 8.30am for breakfast at the hotel. The flight had left at 12.45pm. The plane then started descending around 4.30pm and I had to ask the cabin crew to clear the rubbish away. They didnt for quite some time meaning we had to hold all the bits and bobs on the trays as the plane was descending. I didn't really want oily mushroom stroganoff all over me! This meant I didn't get to watch the end of the movie I'd been watching on the psp i'd paid for the pleasure of watching. The cabin crew did not say sorry to us once! If only they were as courteous and polite as the outbound cabin crew!

I wish I could say i'd never fly with them again but my boyfriend receives a certain amount of TC vouchers through work each month so it would be daft not to use them. I will be writing a formal letter of complaint though.

The holiday was brilliant though so it's a shame their inbound cabin crew let them down and spoilt the end of our holiday!
hi natalie....sorry to hear your holiday ended that way....we dont get the meals ....they just arent worth the money....and on the 2 times we did get them (someone else did the booking) my youngest pushed it round the container then left it....we take butties ...and lots of snacks enough so some left for home flight....

Was your flight on the B767.....could be crew not happy ....wonder if they carry more cabin crew for the bigger aircraft.....they usually use the A320 which carries 187 passengers I think....the B767 carries about 350....double the number of passengers....maybe cabin crew a lot bussier and not managing to cope with all the passengers needs...thats a lot of people to look after...

We fly out on monday.....last year we had a good crew both ways....so hoping same this year...never booked my tickets before or used online check in ....will be taking comfirmation email with me...I have already printed 2 copies ....one for going out and one for coming home....tweetie
Natalie - the lack of meals on board happened to a party of 15 infront of us last June on the way to Egypt. The group leader had paperwork to prove they had booked 15 meals. The crew said they didn't have them on the list and couldn't help. The crew did say if there had just been a couple of them they could have given them crew food but as there were 15 this wasn't an option. The group were then forced to pay for food!!

To make matter worse they also witnessed me and OH eat our Boots meal deal sandwiches and fruit which cost considerabley less then the food they bought and tasted so much better!!! :tup
Wayneo,

IFE is covered on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). It's not really goverened by length of flight, but by aircraft type.

Darren
can someone explain to me what a belly camera is and how you see it? If it is what I think it is, then I do not want to see it while taking off, the window is enough for me :yikes
greenshoes,

Some aircraft are fitted with cameras on the under the nose, under the belly and tail of the aircraft. These are used by crew on the ground, but are also viewable in the cabin on the IFE screens. They are normally only fitted to wide bodied aircraft as an option on the likes of the Boeing 767 and larger Airbus family. For those that don't have a view out of the window, for example those sat in the centre of the aircraft, it gives a visual reference of what's going on outside and they make for spectacular viewing, especially as you take off and come in to land.

Darren
Hello (new poster but been reading this forum for ages now)

I'm flying on the TCX759K/L flight from Manchester to Bodrum this Friday but having looked around on the net it's been flying as G-TCCA (B763) the past few weeks. It is usually booked to arrive from Hurghada around 2240 but this is 20 minutes after the confirmed flight departure time to BJV...is this right?
we booked our flights through thomas cook online from glasgow to cancun on 20th september, when searching for the same flights now nothing shows up does this mean the flight is now fully booked??
mattgtfc16 wrote:
Hello (new poster but been reading this forum for ages now)

I'm flying on the TCX759K/L flight from Manchester to Bodrum this Friday but having looked around on the net it's been flying as G-TCCA (B763) the past few weeks. It is usually booked to arrive from Hurghada around 2240 but this is 20 minutes after the confirmed flight departure time to BJV...is this right?

The flight to bodrum had been running at different times throughout the season and there are also discrpensies when looking on the net as sometimes the flight could come up as g-TCAA but actually be one of the others don't worry though there will be a B767 their for you
Tweetie - we were on an A320 both ways.

Northern Rose - we usually find the inflight meals alright, the ones offered to us as an alternative were ones they sell to people on board which were disgusting just because of the amount of oil you could see in them. We will definitely be taking a boots meal deal or similar next time though!
Hi all
I know this is really short notice but ill post anyway. I'm due to fly to Bodrum from Glasgow tonight. The flight was originally a 2220 departure but recieved info saying it is now 2055. The flight number is TCX499K. However, when i type this in, it comes up with the old time or says that the flight is from Manchester and not Glasgow. Can any one clarify for me please. Also which aircraft will be taking us there?

thanks

Alanb
Welcome Alanb ... looking at live departures on the Glasgow Airport website, I see fight TCX499K showing this evening at 2055.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.