Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
JKKne,

NCL-REU-NCL (TCX947K/L) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Re on line checkin.

I've never done it before, so have a few queries.

I booked your seat choice in May quite a few months after booking the holiday for 3 of us. Can you still check in on line.

Also what do you do on the way home as in resort you dont have access to a printer, for boarding passes.

Also we booked row 3 in and out bound would the TC system have spotted that and linked our seats to our original booking. Reason being on our ticket book that i collected today, it says no seats booked but i assume that will be because I did the seat choice months later.

Last question I think - if i can check in online, and i find the bag drop in T1 at Manchester, do the people still weigh bags and ask all those security questions. I can just imagine as big a queue at bag drop as there would be at the main desks. I just dont know which is the best todo. We're on the 23 July 4.45pm flight.

Final query : the API for some reason had my daughter as a male dont know why, i've entered all our details and naturally put her as female, her ticket says female, passport is female but where you have the passengers name and the tick box against each name it says her name and (male after) assuming that shouldnt matter as the booking and tickets etc are correct. Has anyone had any problems like that.

Ta Bev
Hi Bev

Re: Thomas Cook API - yep I noticed the exact same thing when I logged in to post our details. OH and me were classed as 18! Oh we wish! :rofl and our 13 year old daughter was classed as male.

When I read this I immediately checked our invoice to see if that's what we had been put down as but all was ok on there. It may be just their system putting anything in waiting for you to amend with the correct information. Although I did think it was strange with the mix up in the first place :que

Rachel
lol Rachel thats good to know it wasnt just us. My daughters 14 so maybe its a teenager thing or because they're Miss XXX on the booking.

Bev
The TCX299L flight from Antalya to EMA is over 24 hours late. I have been texted from a friend on the flight that they were in the air for 3 hours before landing back at Antalya. Does anyone know what the problem with the plane is please?

My friend is a football fanatic, he was going to watch the world cup final with me tonight. I've just worked out he will be in the air tonight (a good name for a song). I bet he's cross!
I hope I'm in the right place this time LOL!!!

I fly with TC June 2011 flight TCX2848 does anyone know if the IFE still operates on this aircraft??

Thanks guys :)
peekab00,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-AYT-MAN (TCX2848/9) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 767-300/ER depending on the day of departure. No IFE will be shown on the 757, but if the flight is a 767, it should have unless they decide to withdraw it from that aircraft too between now and then. Given it's 11 months from your flight, I can't say what the aircraft will be this far in advance. You'll find lots of aircraft informtion on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'll have a look. I'm a bit slow on here yet, still navigating around!! :)
If you are flying PE with TCX do you get to fast track security at Manchester Airport? If yes, is this still the case if you check in online?
Govan Jaggie,

Fast track security isn't included as far as I know. Depending on when / what time you're travelling, the queues aren't too bad these days anyway.

Darren
When we made booking with Thomas Cook we paid for the 'Your Seat/Your Choice' option. I understand this means you can pre-book your seats 7 days prior to departure.

Just gone on website to pay the extra £6 to book earlier so we not over the wing and I haven't been charged anything extra. I don't fly till last week August????

The email has come through confirming the seat numbers that we chose with £0.00 listed next to each passenger / seat option.

Have I done this wrong or have I just fell lucky with not having to pay the extra £6 per person per flight to book earlier.

Very confused!! :really
tcx940 dlm - bhx 26 july will there be any ife

thanks
Think TC have changed the 7 days prior to departure and the charges hippyjak :tup
Fantastic!!! It seems that way!! Glad I went ahead and booked early now!! Yipee!! When we booked the holiday we were charged for 2 adults £12.00 and £7.00 for a child with a £2.00 discount of the overall pre-book seats option. Total = £29.00 in total.

Did think it was a bit of cheek to then charge another £6.00 per person per flight to reserve them earlier than 7days!!

Hooray!!

Wonder how much it is now to book - only short haul - will have a nosey!! Will be annoyed if it's cheaper now!!
Fantastic!

Just checked seat availability for our trip to Turkey in Sept and it would appear they are not charging to book exact seats! Have just booked them and had the confirmation email! They tried to charge us £72 to book our seats when we went to Mexico in March in the Premium cabin, so really can't believe that they are now free!!

I have a question for our next holiday - probably Mexico again in March 2011. Can anyone tell me the seat widths in both the premium cabin and in economy? (not pitch) We are trying to decide if we can cope with being squeezed into the back cabin!! (We are trying to decide between TC or Thomson)

Also someone on another forum mentioned that TC are stopping doing a premium cabin - is this true and when from and why?
Just tried booking seat reservations for Sharm 12th Aug & am being shown a charge of £15 pp return??
Premium passengers have fast track security with TC. Having said that it has always been very quiet the last couple of times we have flown, so no real advantage to having fast track.
tokmak,

TCX940L/L are operated by a Boeing 757-200. As this is a narrow bodied aircraft, there won't be any IFE.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.