Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello again!

Returned from LPA to MAN with TCX on 28/6 and can only thank you for the info you provided. 763`s were used on both legs, with the return being serviced by G-TCCA which was particularly interesting with the external cameras. Both flights were on-time (in fact early) and service was exactly as expected. Reading through the backlog of posts I just want to confirm to people scheduled to travel short-haul on the 767 series that IFE is available regardless of traveltime.

Just a quick query if you would oblige. I can see on the TOM forum you have dealt with this matter but does the same procedure apply to TCX? I travelled with her indoors and 2 kids, I did not pay to pre-select my seats. On both legs the seats allocated at check-in were identical (24CDEF), quite some odds i considered. But did the airline pre-select these seats for me? If so, would it be fair to say that people travelling with kids could save some cash if they merely want to be sat together with no real preference for exact seat? Will TCX seat adults with their kids prior to departure, for free? Both flights were almost full and I saw a similar point throughout the cabin and there were no complaints re allocations. I just thought I`d post this issue in an attempt to help people save a few quid that may be better spent on the old San Miguel!

PS, there was a medical emergency on the return flight and I thought the crew dealt with the matter excellently and my best wishes go to the chap and his family. Well done TCX!

Thanks for any opinions.

Fergy
Fergmeister,

I'm glad you had good flights, hope the holiday was great too. Seats are aparantly pre-allocated, but I've not always experiencced that. The flight cameras are great aren't they! I like the rear belly cam coming in to land so you can watch the landing gear take the impact and tyre smoke! When seating is pre-allocated, it's not really a way of saving cash as those that have pre-booked seating together will take first priority along with those that have selected their seats. Other passengers are then allocated seating around them so there are no guarantees you'll get seats together. Most of he time you will, but it's not always the case.

Darren
Hi MikeBravo
Thanks for this, just checked and they have finally changed the seat plan to the correct one for A330-300

Thanks
manc
Hi
A quick question for those in the know. Looking at the TC website, your seat your choice, it says £10 per person each way to pre book seats together (£20 each). The flight is in just over a week, is that the total charge? Just wanted to check before doing this, that there would not be any extra charges.
Also, i have heard that some people have to wait to within 7 days of flight. Never done this before, so just clarifying a few things

Thanks
manc
Hi manc, I am finding the charges totally confusing. I ended up pre-booking seats yesterday online. It was £10 each way. This is for a long haul flight a month away. I am sure it was more when I looked a couples of weeks ago :que . Received an email with my seat selections immediately.
I can confirm from what the system says the prices have reduced during the last 2 weeks, whether this is a mistake or not is another matter. Short Haul is now £7.50 each way and extra leg room £30.00.
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to check that a flight from LGW to Sanford, departing 10 September TCX074K and returning 24 September on TCX074L is full?
Thanks
Pirates1

Sorry forgot to mention we are travelling Premium Class.
Thanks
Sorry no it is commercially sensitive information, you can see how many other seats are booked on the Your Seat Your Choice website.
pirates1,

As mentioned above, we aren't permitted to post such information. Reasons are explained in this topic: SEAT AVAILABILITY QUESTIONS.

Darren
Hi... we fly to Ibiza on the 28thJuly.... we paid for your seat your choice...I have been on web site and booked our seats but have I never printed out boarding passes before and not checked in.... has any one done this before... and if so do they think it is a lot easier than checking in... i am a right worrier :( if i choose not to print boarding passes of will that be ok?.... thanks in advance :)
Regrading printing boarding cards is great and saves lots of time because you can go straight to Thomas Cook Bag Drop, i have done it over 100 times now and never had any problems, Thomas Cooks system is reasonably good too.
If you check in on line and DO NOT print your boarding pass you wil lbe charged about 5 quid a tthe airport
Fergmeister wrote:
Hello again!

Returned from LPA to MAN with TCX on 28/6 and can only thank you for the info you provided. 763`s were used on both legs, with the return being serviced by G-TCCA which was particularly interesting with the external cameras. Both flights were on-time (in fact early) and service was exactly as expected. Reading through the backlog of posts I just want to confirm to people scheduled to travel short-haul on the 767 series that IFE is available regardless of traveltime.

Just a quick query if you would oblige. I can see on the TOM forum you have dealt with this matter but does the same procedure apply to TCX? I travelled with her indoors and 2 kids, I did not pay to pre-select my seats. On both legs the seats allocated at check-in were identical (24CDEF), quite some odds i considered. But did the airline pre-select these seats for me? If so, would it be fair to say that people travelling with kids could save some cash if they merely want to be sat together with no real preference for exact seat? Will TCX seat adults with their kids prior to departure, for free? Both flights were almost full and I saw a similar point throughout the cabin and there were no complaints re allocations. I just thought I`d post this issue in an attempt to help people save a few quid that may be better spent on the old San Miguel!

PS, there was a medical emergency on the return flight and I thought the crew dealt with the matter excellently and my best wishes go to the chap and his family. Well done TCX!

Thanks for any opinions.

Fergy

If you did not pay for a meal you are pre sat towards the back of the plane...
Had an e mail from Thomas Cook on Monday offering me to pre book seats for £30. This was the return price for 2 people. I seleced 2 seats in row 27, one an isle and the other next door, as we don't like disturbing people if we need to get up and stretch our legs. It was confirmed instantly & I've also received an e mail confirmation. Two questions please:- When my sister pre booked she had to have a seat either side of the aisle as she could not leave one seat empty on its own. Also, my printer is not working properly so my confirmation is a little blurred. It does say though to produce the info at the airport. Does this then mean, that the check in people do not know that I have pre booked my seats?
Hi,

I'm flying to Varadero tomorrow from Manchester at 12.25, it's flight number TCX051K, I was hoping someone could tell me where the plane will be coming in from before my flight, and also if you can tell if it might be one of the ones with external cameras? So excited already!!

Thanks very much :D
steph86,

The aircraft is operating TCX174K/L to Cayo Coco today, and will arrive back in Manchester tomorrow morning for your flight. The aircraft will be a former My Travel A332 with downstairs toilets and external flight cameras.

Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hi

TCX043K and TCX043L - Man to LAS on 13 October, return 20 October. Is it possible to say yet whether it will be an ex MYT plane with downstairs toilet and outside camera or TCX plane?

malchester
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.