Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just booked our seats for our flight to Kephalonia, next month. We don't normally pre book, but as there's only the 2 of us going this time we thought we would. Had a reasonable price I think - £30 return for the 2 of us.
So when they say no IFE does that include radio/music onboard

Hi there,

I am flying from Manchester-Puerto Plata on Saturday 10th July on flight TCX062K. Was wondering what aircraft would be used, if it has on demand IFE, and what incoming flight it operates so i can check for delays?

Thanks so much for any of your help in advance,

David
problem with thomas cook!

I booked our pre-bookable seats via thomas cook airlines on TCX820K in janurary..

I checked online last week only to discover they were no longer booked, and the seating plan on the plan has changed.. I rang them, and oh my word, it took an hour on hold in a que!

Anyway, the call handler explained the plane had been changed and our seats were no longer available, but they dont do refunds because they had cancelled or changed the flights, same flight, different plane! after another 45minutes on the phone i got a £26 refund and they re-booked out seats, 30 A+B right at the back..

I asked for bulk head at the front but she said they were medical seats only, i explained i have problems with my knees and could get a drs letter as evidence but apparently its not a medical condition!!

so we're now sat at the back in the corner infront of a loo!!!
We went to Varadaro flying Thomas Cook in Premium seats.

We chose the last 2 rows window seats and when we got on the plane another row of seats were behind us.
We have travelled Premium seats on all long haul holidays, ie Mexico DR more than once We booked in ok but when it came to get on the plane we were LAST to board not as usual first. It says complimentary drinks throughout flight well we got offered 2 on the outward flight-the screens at the back of the seats were all ripped and when you put the earphones in the seats you had to sit and wobble them about to get to hear anything and sit and hold them in position- we decided just to watch the map!!!! Lunch we were last to be served "You can chose today is beef or chicken but we only have chicken" we decided on chicken :( they were ok with duty free but didnt need to buy so pass on that one).We saw a gentleman going back to his seat with about 6 cans of lager which were put in the wife's hand luggage he then went and got another 4 so we went to the front and asked for 2 cans 1 each only to be told bar is closed we are serving tea in half hour (complimentary drinks throughout the flight??????????? :que ).
After a wonderul holiday we had to come home :yikes
We went to the airport booked in ok in the premium seat queue with the help of our rep Alex and went upstairs to wait our flight. We watched our plane land and saw our luggage being put in the hold. We were then called for our flight and it was a mad scramble to get through why? it wont go without you.
We had the same seats--this time we were offered just 1 yes 1 drink from the trolley going round, it didnt come round again didnt even bother with the tv. We did get a lovely quilt to settle down and go to sleep. Duty free again didnt buy. The cabin lights were dimmed when the sun was rising so no sleep.Again we spotted people going to the front for drinks my seat partner had 3 coCacolas and 3 ribena drinks and put them in her hand luggage . We then had a light breakfast scone or muffin again my seat partners boyfriend went up from 10 minutes before we landed and came back with 5 cocacolas and ribena's which again went into the ladies hand luggage which she covered with a coat :think
All in all its just a rip off to pay all that money and you sit in a plane which is being ripped apart no sound and guests are putting drinks in their hand luggage by greed. we have decided not to fly tc premium seats ever again and therefore looking at going to DR again and with Thomsons where they know how to look after their passengers and polite and availale all through the flight. Also they have at least 6 premium crews just to help not 2 as on Thomas Cook.

OK rant over anybody got any comments thank you
Just wondering,

Does TCX062K to POP stop at Belfast on the way? When you search the flight it says it departs from belfast?

Hope it doesnt....
Hi

We are flying out on 3 August to Sanford on TCX35K, we booked this direct from Manchester, any ideas what plane this is on, documents show Standard Inbound/Outbound cabin, nothing about 29" seat with no IFE.
Also is this direct from Manchester as I keep seeing this flight number pop up and mention Glasgow :think
daavidrose,

When are you travelling? It operates MAN-BFS-POP-BFS-MAN between 2nd and 9th July. It operates non-stop, ie not via BFS on all other dates through the summer. Flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200, further aircraft information is detailed on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The aircraft won't have AVOD IFE, just the standard looped seat back IFE. The aircraft normally comes in from Varadero (TCX051K/L).

Darren
wendy7654,

Your flights should be operated by the usual long haul Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Well, just thought I would update you, I have just booked my seats a little earlier than I was supposed too, but it let me do it, so I finally settled for 5A and B, which I know has got a window as I was seated there when MYT had Premier on their 767s!

Just wish the next 5 weeks would hurry up and arrive!

Thanks Darren for the help!

:)
I fly on the tenth of July, so hopefully not. Take it it will be an A330-200, do you know which one?

Thanks a lot !
daavidrose,

It'll be one of the former My Travel A332's.

Darren
Good, I like the nose and belly cameras. So definitely won't be stopping at Belfast then ? Do you know the departure time as ticket says 10.50, tripadvisor says 12.05 ?!

Thanks darren
daavidrose,

Departure times are shown on your tickets. That is the only time you should consider as it's from the airline. I think the flight time from the week after changes to 1205.

Darren
Thanks darren, been a great help.

Slightly random, but last year travelling on G-OMYT when taxying there was a fairly alarming "clunk" and bang only whilst the aircraft was taxying. Does anyone know what this could be?
Forgot to mention the clunk happened every minute or so. The crew didn't seem very concerned by it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.