Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
elliemaybelle,

IFE is the usual looped system rather than on-demand. The aircraft fitted with the on-demand system (G-TCXA) is deployed on other duties through the summer.

Darren
cayococo queen,

Welcome onboard :tup
There's not a lot you can do with the price of premium seating. It's generally in demand so seats are rarely available at a discount unless there's a late cancellation. Even then, they're normally offered at the same price or only a slight discount. Note that from May 2011, Thomas Cook are withdrawing the premium product.

Darren
will it be back for December as that is when I will be travelling ?
elliemaybelle,

It should be back on long haul duties by then, but there's only a 1 in 6 chance of it actually operating your flight.

Darren
Thanx dazbo
How will you get to sit in the premium seats then?
Cayococo Queen
cayococoqueen
If you mean from May 2011, there will be no premium cabin on their aircraft so no premium seats, only economy.
cayococo queen,

As mentioned above, TCX won't be offering a premium cabin from May 2011. I suspect the cabin will be offered as extra legroom seating.

Darren
Looking at the YSYC website and putting in our details the site says it cannot find TCX926 or TCX927 we leave from Glasgow next May is it to early to book this. Also do I have to add zeros or any other letters to Flight numbers as I notice some have K or L after the numbers.Tried to call TC customer service but wait time 30mins so hung up. Help please? :)
Because flight numbers are changing next Summer the current system doesnt recongnise the new flight numbers, you could try adding K and L to the first of your flight numbers, that for the outbound.
Im out of Glasgow on the TCX 035K on Tuesday 6th July bound for Puerta Plata. I have used long haul Thomas Cook before and have had 2 different types of Airbus 332's -one had downstairs toilets and exterior cameras to enable passengers to view the aircraft flight. Can anyone tell me which registration number is pencilled in for this flight and i take it, it will definately have seat back screens etc in the premium section. I think it rotates in from Cancun Monday night /Tuesday morning.
cabot,

TCX's long haul fleet is a mixture of former My Travel and Thoms Cook aircraft. The ones with the downstairs toilets and flight cameras are the ex-MYT aircraft. Your flight should be operated by one of the former MYT aircraft as the former TCX are operating short / mid haul and Canadian flights this summer. We won't know the registration until the day before, but I would expect it to be G-MDBD. Have a great holiday.

Darren
Well Im buzzing :D .......bought myself a media player as might be no IFE....IT IS GREAT...can watch what I want....movies ect ....4.3inch TFT screen ....picture brilliant....4GB on board and as many gigs as you want via micro SD.....plays brilliantly....couldnt get it back of my lad when I showed him it working....for £59.99 free delivery a bargain..... :D and when I got it up on site to show a friend it had gon up to £69.99...so I am buzzing.....think these players will be selling like hotcakes if its true about the no IFE under 7 hrs....its a great entertainer for the kids ....plays 5hrs of video or 15 music per full charge...and is a nice handy size ....sooooo Im a happy bunny and cant wait for my flight now...tweetie
Oooh that sounds interesting Tweety - have you a make and model number so I can have a nose please ;)
hi hippyjack....will pm you as not sure if can put it on here....tweetie
Hi we are travelling to egypt hurghada on 13 july with thomas cook we are hearing different stories about in flight entertainment can any one confirm whats happening
cheers mick
mickturtle,

The latest IFE information is listed on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Flights operated by narrow bodied aircraft won't have IFE. Flights operated by wide bodied aircraft will have IFE. On flights with no IFE, hand held players are available for hire at £7.50 per flight.

Darren
Our tickets say its a a330 with 354 seats what type of plane is that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.