Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Do you know if 081K/L is likely to be a ex MYT. I travel on 16 July.
Hi
We fly on TCX092K/L on July 16th From Manchester to Sanford 10:05 AM
Tickets state it is A333 (A330-300?) This is no seatback IFE and 29" legroom
The YSYC shows the seating as 3-3-3 throughout the main body of the aircraft, but i thougt it was 3-3-3 at front and then 2-4-2 throughout the mainbody.
Was going to book seats as there are 4 in the party and want to sit together, however if it is actually 3-3-3, there will be a split somewhere
Anyone know which seat config is correct for this flight. Has TC got the seats wrong or is this a slightly different seat config?

Many Thanks
Manc
Hi!

Can you tell me which plane we go on

TCX820/K to turkey?

cheers
Hi... we fly to Ibiza on the 28thJuly.... we paid for your seat your choice...I have been on web site and booked our seats but have I never printed out boarding passes before and not checked in.... has any one done this before... and if so do they think it is a lot easier than checking in... i am a right worrier :( if i choose not to print boarding passes of will that be ok?.... thanks in advance :)
Hi
Thanks Sunaddict, this is what I thought for the A330-300 (A333), main cabin in 2-4-2 config.
This is still a problem with Ysyc on Thomas cook, as they have the plane in a 3-3-3 config, all through the main body of the plane. It does say A333 on the tickets (and not 33" a330-200)
Anybody flown on the tcx092 A333 from manchester to sanford (fridays) recently?
Is it 3-3-3 in the main cabin or is 2-4-2 as it seems to be listed for that plane?
I think this is the loan plane form scandaavia.
Many thanks
manc
Hi, Me again
It looks like the seat plan on ysyc is the a330-200 with the 29" seats and seatback ife, but teh tickets say:
A333 and 29" legroom and no seatback ife, this is totally confusing :que
Thanks
manc
Hi manc
Confusing. Hopefully Darren will be able to shed some light on the matter when he comes back on to the forum.
manc,

TCX are operating the Airbus A330-200 in short and long haul configuration, and also have an Airbus A330-300 on lease from TCX Scandanavia. It's the leased A330-300 that has the 29" seat pitch and no seat back IFE, not the A330-200. They have 29" seat pitch and seat back IFE. Confusing, I know! You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
h.....never seen the seat pitch on my tickets....whats the seat pitch on a B767-300....2-4-2 configured....and what is it on the A320-300ER....we went on A320 last year and are on a B767 this time...just curious ...tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

Seat pitches on tickets are only for aircraft that are effected by changes, spefically long haul flights that are being operated by short haul configured aircraft. You'll not have it on your tickets for your flights. Seat pitches are given on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks Darren.........1 inch better off for us.....make a difference with the tray down...tweetie
Hi darren
Thanks for the info, checked the what aircraft and:
Airbus A330-300. Configuration: Forward ecomony cabin 3-3-3 (rows 1-11) with 32" seat pitch. Centre and rear cabins 2-4-2 with 30" seat pitch. IFE provided via screens over the isles.
This seems to tie with the information for no setback ife and 29" seats on tickets and documentation

However, TC seem to have the seat config for Airbus A330-200. Configuration: Economy 3-3-3 (rear 7 rows 2-3-2) with 30" seat pitch, Premium Economy 2-3-2 with 35" seat pitch (sold as extra legroom seating, no premium benefits).

The tickets, which i picked up the other day does say A333
So something is wrong, the plane for tcx092k/l manchester / sanford 16th July has changed, or the seatplan on Thomas cook is wrong. I assume the plane has changed and seat config is correct, otherwise will be a lot of irate people booking seats
I assume the A333 refers to the A330-300?
Thanks
manc
manc,

I wouldn't rely on the seat plans sent out with ticket booklets, they're not always right. Given the A333 (Airbus A330-300) is leased, TCX (UK) won't have a seat map for the booklets, hence the confusion. Passengers where flights have been changed have normally been notified in advance. TCX092K/L over the next week or two is showing as OY-VKI (A333) is operating it.

Darren
Hi Darren
It was the online seat map I was going off, this shows 3-3-3 so must be the A330-200 (29" seats)?
The ticket does say A333, 29" seats, so ignore that and go off the seat config when choosing the seats?
Just want to make sure if choose my seats, these are the ones i end up with.
Never really used this before, always take lucky dip at the airport!
Thanks
manc
manc,

You can only go off the seat map loaded on the online system, but OY-VKI has been operating the flight.

Darren
I would recommend Thomas Cook,I flew with them last year to turkey and they were brilliant. We was put at the front so we had extra leg room lucky for us we didnt even realise until we got on the plane. Meal was decent wasnt brill but it was perfectly fine, would recommend flying with these :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.