Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I was always under the impression that once an invoice/payment had been run off the tour operators system - that was it. Holiday and price confirmed.

If for instance you booked a holiday advertised at 99 pounds instead of 199 pounds and the tour ops system had generated the invoice, then it's their loss if they made an error.

I don't see why the price should be any different if the holiday you booked online is the one you wanted and those are the details you received at the time you confirmed your booking. It sounds like their system has messed up after the event and not during it.
Read the Booking Conditions. If it states that you have a confirmed booking once you receive confirmation then they are in Breach of Contract if they try to change it.

I recently booked a hotel, but the hotel name was different on the confirmation. I contacted the company immediately and once I had provided a screenshot of the booking they changed it at no charge.

I also booked a hotel earlier this year. The company emailed me next day to say there was an error on their website and they had moved me into the cheaper sister hotel, or I could pay extra to stay at the hotel I had originally booked.

Their Booking Conditions stated that once they had sent a confirmation, a contract was in place. I replied stating this and they ended up honouring the original booking.
Hi

Thanks for the advice I emailed them forwarding a copy of the invoice, requesting everything in writing. They have now honoured the price and written off the difference.

Fortunately for me they accepted it without the need to quote the booking conditions as I couldn't find them, I ticked the box but unfortunately didn't print them off.
Yeahey, that's a result!

They can be cheeky beggars these tour operators.... I know, I used to be one. ;)
tricia180 wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the advice I emailed them forwarding a copy of the invoice, requesting everything in writing. They have now honoured the price and written off the difference.

Fortunately for me they accepted it without the need to quote the booking conditions as I couldn't find them, I ticked the box but unfortunately didn't print them off.

Brilliant news. Pleased for you. :tup

Doe :sun2
Good result. Thanks for the update.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.