Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks for that Chris. I was a bit worried about getting the bus on my own anyway.

Shuttle transfer sounds like a better idea, and probably quicker too.

Jess
Hi Jess What date are you going maybe someone on here might be going the same day and using the same transfer company. Good Luck Maggie
The cheapest I can get a transfer to marmaris for is £90 return reading the other reviews this seems a little more expensive than others have paid. This is with transferony and iclemer online. going 23rd oct this year. Dan anyone tell me anywhere cheaper.

Thanks Diane.
Hi Diane, If it is for one person then transferonly.com do a shuttle service which is only £35 return, which seems excellent value. Hope this helps.
Sorry there are three of us travelling, and thomson could give us return transfers on the coach for 15 pound each but would rather get a taxi and save messing about.

Diane.
Hi
Hi,
A new website for Marmaris - Dalaman transfers...
http://www.transfermarmaris.com

Best wishes

Lyon
Transferonly.com still comes in the cheapest at £35.00 return for one person.
Hi Chris, My daughter went with transfer only last Monday after reading your review, as she was on her own, was pleasantly surprised as there was only another couple and herself they were taken to Marmaris in a car. Excellent value for money and we will use them in future.
Hi Maggie, glad everything went well for your daughter. It's good to get feedback, especially when I recommended them! :D

Hope she had a brill time. :hyper

Chris
Hi- just got back from Marmaris last night using Transfers Only and unfortunately I have a bit of nightmare to report. :( Despite the fact that I too have been recommending them to others.

Our transfer to the resort went smoothly enough, but our return was not at all good.

Our flight yesterday was at 3.15pm. and when we had not heard anything about our pick up time from TO by 9.00am, on our morning of departure, I tried ringing the number I had been given by the person who met us at the airport. This was constantly engaged despite trying again and again. I checked with our hotel reception - no messages had been left by them, and nothing pinned to the hotel information boards. I then rang TO main office number and spoke to someone who did not speak good english - he said he'd get someone to ring me back. I no sooner put the hotel phone down when hotel reception rang...some one from TO had rung whilst I was on the phone and left a message that they would be picking us up at 7.30pm !!!! I double checked our transfer paperwork - all our details, flight times etc. were correct. - clearly 7.30pm was a mistake by them.
Then the hotel phone rings again and a TO chap tells me the reason they have not got a transfer for us today was that we were down as a 'no show' at the airport. I tried to explain that this was impossible since they had transferred us to Marmaris. He then told me that we must have got on another transfer by mistake....I asked how this would be possible since we were met by someone holding up our names on a TO board...and we showed our paperwork to their rep. , paid him, and we were definitely on the mini bus's drop off schedule ( & being the only family dropped off at that particular hotel). the TO chap kept insisting we were not pick up by them and it all got very frustrating...I asked why I had been rung by TO and given a 7.30pm transfer time .....he inststed it wasn't them ........in the end the TO chap said he would look into it again and ring me back. A few minutes later another TO chap rings saying he is very sorry there was a mistake on their part and what time would we like to be picked up ? More than a little relieved I told him 11.00am and then we all went to have a rather late, by this stage, breakfast in the hotel -thinking we had an hour after breakfast to complete our packing.

Half an hour later, at 10.00am, we return to our room - the phone is ringing .... someone from TO on the other end "please come to reception - your transfer is outside NOW" - I begin to protest about the time, but all I got was that we cannot give you any other transfer as we are too busy today !

OMG - have never packed so quick in all my life - luckily we had settled our hotel bill etc the night before, so check out was quick. Then onto a bus load of people waiting outside for us, who were all glaring at us...... evidently thinking we were irresponsibly late for our pick up. :oops:

Well at the end of the day, I do not want to be too hard on Transfers Only as I can appreciate that mistakes happen in business, and can happen to anyone, and they did supply the transfer in the end (though at more than one point I thought we were going to have to get a taxi to the airport ) but I did want to make the point that you should make sure that you check your arrangements with them, maybe the day before your flight - we had a very stressful last morning at our hotel, and it wasn't the best end to the holiday :cry:

SO CAUTION - do confirm your return transfer arrangements with them before your last day - don't go through what we did !
You recommended them to me JDYBNSN and everything went smoothly - sorry you had such a nightmare. :(
what a disaster. You just imagine that everything will go well but it doesn't always but it could happen with any transfer company.Thanks for the warning to check in advance.
We are travelling to Dalaman airport in April and staying in Marmaris, could anyone suggest a good cheap way of transfer to and from the resort. There will be 5 of us staying in the Marmais Palace
why not do a google search for - Dalaman airport transfers.

Pick out the best one.
I'm hoping that maybe John or Chelsea boy can clarify but my daughter got home from Marmaris last week. Her fiance hired a car to pick her up from the airport as he says no cabs are allowed to go to Dalaman????????He doesn't think taxis will be waiting at the airport something to do with the Government banning them?No idea how true this is but just want to warn people that taxis may not be readily available.
not heard of anything about taxis being banned........... JT will tell you as well, that it is cheaper to hire a private transfer than the dalaman boys. If your really really stuck i'll pick you up myself!!!!!!!!!!!
well Chelsea boy you could regret saying that :D I don't know where he has got that from but would be grateful if you see taxi drivers if you could ask please. Many thanks. i'd normally use private transfer or package tour coaches but was worried if it was the case no taxis then lots of people cold get stuck.
thats right. cabs are not allowed but taxis always there. as for me I prefer to rent a car. car is delivered to Dalaman for free, no transfer payment 8)
chelsea boy is right - taxi prices in Dalaman airport are really high!
heres the link for dalaman airport .com....http://www.atmairport.aero/ulasim.html..
... crap website at the mo but gives prices for taxis from the airport.......... I know JT does reliable private transfers.. i also have a number or 2...... dont worry transfers from dalaman are plentiful
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.