Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just be careful with Icmeler Online transfers as they dont say on their website that they are shared transfers.So if your going as a couple and are paying £90 return you normally expect taxi transfers,well this wont be the case with Icmeler Online you will be sharing a mini bus with other people.
This obviously works out cheaper for a party of 4 as its still £90 but for 2 its pretty steep for shared transfers.

I have questioned this on their forum about stating they are shared transfers but have had my posts removed and have actually seen 1 member banned in the past because of it.

I just wanted people who didnt know to be aware of this.
jojouk,

Transfers are not private, that is correct. This is said and mentioned many times on our forums over the yhears and on holidaytruths.co.uk

No one has even been banned for mentioning our transfer services on our forums and only duplicate posts get removed.

With your hidden agenda, we have some smart people working with us, you would probably be banned in less than a second as well.

BUT

Thanks for warning everyone about the shared yet exclusive transfers we offer and good luck trying to push business to our competitors which you have given links to on your post above. We will just have to work harder and compete with our quality service rather than with lies and false acusations

Sincelerly Yours,

Rami
I have used Icmeleronline on several occassions for my transfer from Dalaman to Icmeler and read this post with interest, so much so that i had to go onto their website and read the section on transfers. Surprise surprise i couldn't find any mention about private or shared transfers.

My transfers with Icmeleronline have been troublefree.

People should read for themselves rather than taking peoples words on matters especially when they are wrong :!:
vodkagirl you joined the forum today - and are posting from Turkey :hmmm
Glynis

Yes i am posting from Turkey as i live here.

I happened to be in the Icmeleronline office today booking transfers for my family and overheard the conversation regarding transfers and thought i would join your forum and add my view especially as i do not agree with what jojouk has written.
Oh I see. :shock: Am sure the members do as well.
I dont disagree about transfers with Icmeler Online being trouble free just that it would be good for people to see that they are shared transfers they are booking as there is no mention of this on their website.
Not everyone who goes onto their website to book transfers has previous knowledge of them from their forum or HT.
Handy that you were in the office Vodkagirl :wink:
Ive not used that transfer service, however If i was paying that much I would expect it to be a private transfer. Perhaps they should put a little note on there, then this issue cannot arise again.

Personally I dont mind minibus transfers, its still a whole lot better than being in a mobile battery farm for x hours, however that being said, if I was booking a transfer online, id expect it to be private, unless otherwise stated.
there have been links given to various companies on here which does not bother us at all, its business after all however I dont see a note on anyone of their sites a note saying transfers may not be private and such... So I do not understand why a warning is given for icmeleronline...almost every year around the same time...

This issue has been dealt with over and over. And we will be the first to put that note on the site as philmarcus mentioned so hopefully it will be the end to lets slag icmeleronline campaign.
Jojouk, what are you implying :?: :!:

As i said previously i use Icmeleronline for all my transfers and as i live in Icmeler it is easier to call into the office rather that phone them or do it online. But then people will think what they like and to be honest i don't care what you think.
Vodkagirl,

Do you, per chance, also use their computers on a regular basis as some two hours later you're still posting from their offices?

MarkJ HT Mod
The way I see it, if we were charged £90 for return transfers and then found we were sharing with say 2 other people shouldn't the price be £45 return?
Exactly Molly
If you were booking a mini bus/taxi in England you pay the same price for the minibus/taxi no matter how many people are sharing,not charge say 5 seperate couples £90 per couple.
What never heard of Wireless connection :?:
Of course I have :roll:

But it seems rather strange that you appear to be sharing the exact same IP address as some of our other members :wink:

Or is that co-incidence as well?

MarkJ HT Mod
They way I see it (and im not having a go at any particular company here) is that just because competitors dont state something on thier website, does not mean that you dont have too.

Companies are supposed to seperate themselves from the competition, not copy them identically. Its been posted that people expect Private transfers, and as these people are the customers then its perfectly fair for them to be fully aware of the service they are paying for.

One company already said here that it will ensure there is a note on the site to make people aware that transfer services are shared and not just for the individuals on the bookings.

And finally, if somone is posting from the same IP in an attempt to change the direction of the conversation in order to purposefully avoid the topic that was raised then im sure the HT mods will deal with it sharply.

I really dont understand why its such a big issue, a note saying "please be aware other customers may be sharing your coach/minibus"

Im sure it wont reduce your sales, but it will reduce this year-on-year friction, fixed, sorted, no worries.
Well we have booked our transfers with Icmeleronline for next Monday,came well recommended,and am looking forward to them,nice change from a coach transfer,well worth it not having to stop at the services,a little bit of luxury,and get to our destination quicker.
We arrived 2 days ago and are staying at Rhodes apartments with icr and their transfers were absolutely brilliant.
Out of the airport and straight into a 6 seater cruiser and all to ourselves with refreshements and video provided in the price.

WE did not expect a transfer to ourselves but it was nice to get from Dalaman to Icmeler in less then an hour an a half and if we have to share on the way back then that is ok as we have also done that before.
I am using one of the laptops provided by ICR and maybe the one that vodka girl used but not sure if I am in the same location as I am sitting with Norman who has an Efes and I have a shandy and I hope that this does not cause offence to any one here and I hope that this service that ICR provides its customers for free does not cause any more confusion or upsets on holiday truths

Diane and Norman
Diane and Norman, hope you have a lovely holiday.
I have used Icemeleronline.I added my comments at the time.
However my daughter used transferonly.com in May and their website states private transfer or shuttlebus so you have the option as to whether you want to share.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.