Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
travel plug
35 Posts
Hi has he tried the Elephant shop seems to sell everything.
i will ask him if he has been there
thanks
Electrical shop near temple roundabout near the fish market does them, most super markets and electric shops will do them, and loads are open, so he's got no excuse! :wink:
he is off out in the day time today(he,s been working up till now ) so he is going to get one,hea also getting me some shoes,some contact lences and anything else he sees :D :D
he,s a good one
:lol:
Yep, the elecy shop sells them for about 40 rupees and the supermarket at the side of the old petrol stations in Calangute sells them for around 70 rupees.
Considering he's buying you some shoes :D and other goodies :D I think you should let him off for not finding an adaptor.
Btw, good to hear the doggies doing well.
oh i now get text messages :lol: ,its been driving me crazy not being able to text or speak to him, at least i can now,all my friends think its mad that i still speak to nmy partner after living togeather for 4 years :lol: ,they say we should be ignoring each other by now, :lol: and behaving like a boring old married couple :lol: ,
when i packed his case for him i hid little love notes in his clothes so he would find them one at a time
xxxx
Can you not buy plug adaptors in the UK? If you can what kind do you get!?!
You can buy them before you go you will need round pin adaptors, but they are cheaper and better in goa
you can get them but i forgot to pack one for him
had some great news today,puppy flies home wednesday and hopefully mick flies home thursday or friday,he is going to try get an earlier flight instead of waituing till sunday
:D :D :D :D
What type of plug do you need in Goa. i was told it was the same as the british plug. is this correct? i want to take my phone charger and camera charger over.
You will need an adapter, readily available in Goa. The plugs are 2 pin but the voltage is the same.
Hi you will struggle to get an adaptor in the UK, they are ready available at the Elephant shop in Candolim for about £1.
So they aren't the same as euro plugs???
thats right beachy, but like the others have said you will have no trouble getting one there, and it will be cheaper too....Gavin 8)
We have an extension lead that we made up. On one end one of those small 3 round pin plugs....then the lead (normally you'll find the mirror in the room is opposite end to where the socket is! :roll: )...and then a UK socket thingie! This way you just plug the small plug straight into the wall..and use your phone charger etc in the other end. Failing this....just but the ..what was the football ground (other side of Tibetan Market) in Calangute, there is a money exchange..and they have plugs with adaptors, but not a long lead!
There is prob a post about this on here but I couldn't find anything so sorry if I am repeating!

What adaptors do we need to take to Goa, I am sure I have read somewhere it is the flat pin ones but am unsure.

Also I want to buy a mosquito plug in repeller can anyone recommend a good one and again is an USA/Far east one suitable?

Thanks for your help :)
They are round, not flat adapters, buy them here as much cheaper, same goes for plug in insect repellants.
Where can you get them from?

Thanks
bit of confusion regarding adaptors above
indian sockets take a 3 round pin plug and indian adaptors are 3 pin....but... a two pin euro adaptor does work but wobbles in the socket a bit.
Providing you are using double insulated equipment (i.e. chargers etc or hair dryers) you should be ok with the euro plugs if you already have them.
If what you are using it for requires earthing (unlikely) you will need a 3 pin adaptor.
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.