Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
yes....well apparently they have a methodical system....of which they have no knowledge because they couldn't tell me what it was! then they said they were matching info with spread sheets....I was going loopy!

I cannot wait much longer as i need to money to go on my rebooked holiday!
just been told by them to go and jump! i have to claim from creidt card comapny...they say No too...go to your bank!! god help me!
pinkbambi

my daughter hasnt had her refund from the outbound flight in sept either, but shes not very good at chasing them up , i hope theres no probs here, as i paid deposit on my cc which is going to cause more confusion if she has to claim it back that way, and not sure what bank will say as the flight wasnt for me :duh , nightmare
There was an item last Monday on BBC Watchdog programme. You can hear what they said on catchup on BBC iPlayer. It was said that all claims should be cleared by April.

Where any payment was made by CC then you should inform your supplier ASAP even if not claiming. It will save a lot of pain later on even if your initial claim is not made against them.

fwh
we had the standard letter ,with claims number, 19th november.we paid our deposit with a nationwide flex account card and the remainder by cheque.i did try to claim from nationwide because my debit card has the visa symbol on it but the claim was rejected and i was told to claim from atol or abta. does anyone know if this will affect my claim with abta? it is definately a debit and not a credit card.itried ringing atol but couldn't get to speak to anyone.
thanks
You should get the refund from CAA, if you used a debit card.
still no sign of my daughter getting her refund from xl flight from sept grrr, such a long wait :que
has anyone received a refund from the caa yet?
Not me, 5 months and still waiting. Tried phoning them last night and apparently they work normal office hours, so I missed them. With the backlog they claim to have, it's ridiculous they're not working either late evenings or weekends. I'm definitely giving them a ring before they close on Monday.
actually got through to caa claims service today. they confirmed all our paperwork is correct but they have been told to hold back with all claims made through travel republic at present until they receive permission from their head office to proceed. she was unable to tell me if we would actually get a refund because of the way travel republic had sold the holidays!! so it doesn't look too goood at the moment.
Travel republic's court hearing on feb 11th delayed until March 11th so maybe you will get some news(good or bad )after that.

Maryb.
i dont see what difference it makes how travel republic sold these holidays as the flights were atol bonded and therefore we should still get our refund.the dispute is between atol and travel republic. i think they are looking for a loophole to get out of paying.
Case adjourned until April 8th,as travel republic plead not guilty.

Maryb
seems a couple of us at least received letters from TR yesterday, stating that another letter is on its way from the CAA, requiring a signature. Once this is signed and sent back, the money will be sent out. Let's hope so!
hi shirley i too got a letter yesterday from travel republic as you say lets hope its moving yet again....i get very frustrated thinking we are getting nearer and ...."then"
i got that letter too - hope they hurry up!
hello everyone, i received that letter too on monday. then i called the CAA yesterday to see where this letter was, and the woman on the phone laughed at me and then said that she didn't know why travel republic had sent this letter out!!! OMG :que she said that she will now add my name to a list to receive this "last" letter. i then asked if i hadn't of called wouldn't i of recieved this letter?? she said it would of been 'picked up' at one point!! i am soooo peeved, am waiting 6 months for £600. next time i call i may not be so polite....can anyone help?
thanks
hi steve ...can you/would you like to make a comment from travel republic regarding ...tanyabanya statement.??
i think the caa are really dragging their heels and are picking on people who booked with travel republic,looking for a loophole not to pay out.we booked freedomflights and they are atol bonded - how can the caa say they are not going to refund these if they were booked with travel republic? whatever their beef with travel republic the flights were still atol bonded and they should honour that!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.