Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I also agree with the last two posts. No problem as far as I'm concerned with TR as I knew what I was boking at the time. My fredom flights are atol bonded, full stop. where's the problem?
Just phoned the CAA again, she said my claim was in the processing dept and couldn't give me any information apart from that, she was obvouisly hacked off with having to answer questions like 'we've been waiting 6 months, can you please tell me where my money is?' she said to wait another 4 weeks!!! and if we still haven't heard anything by then to call back........i don't think i'll ever book a holday with a smaller travel provider again!!! :banghead:
Tanyabanya, I agree with you.
Although I have used TR in the past and not had any problems, I would be loathed to use them or any other smaller travel company/airline in the future, simply because of the trouble you and others have had over the XL fiasco. It also seems that even paying by CC actually gives you very little chance of getting your money back quickly.!! However the bigger companies also seem to have us 'over a barrel' as well, with their almost impossible T&C's!
:offtop What's the answer? Book early and risk the airlines pulling your flight and therefore your holiday or booking late and have less chance of something going wrong but paying through the nose??

Denny
hello steve are you around to give a answer please reference travel republic side of this mess.
Steve replied to a pm I sent him today, regarding this letter we're expecting from the CAA. He said that during a meeting between the CAA and TR, a CAA rep suggested that TR inform their customers in advance that they will be expected to sign another letter shortly. It seems the CAA representative then forgot to pass the info on to his colleagues :que

Steve assured me that he was going to try and get some answers from his director and get back to me/us.
From his comments, I'm not holding my breath for the letter :(
hi shirley,
are you not holding your breath because he said the letters aren't coming soon (as promised) or they aren't coming full stop?

this is driving me mad, the CAA are totally non committal and i was so pleased when i got that letter from TR....please let this all be over soon :(
Hi Tanyabanya,
I'm not holding my breath because with all the false hopes we've had, I frankly don't believe a word the CAA say any more. I think It's anybody's guess when we'll get the refunds. I'm now taking everything with a pinch of salt and believe it when I see it.
Your right shirley, i totally agree with you i am sick to death of the CAA and once i get my money back i hope i never have to deal with them again.

Tanya
got through to the caa again yesterday.checked my claim over (again) and yes all the paperwork was correct,as it was on the 3/3.just one thing-the copy of the cheque i had included that paid the balance was ok as it had my name on it,but the copy of the bank statement, that showed the debit card payment for deposit and the said cheque,both payable to travel republic and the same account number as the cheque,did not have my name printed on it.this was because the bank had printed it off for me.so could i now take the statement into the bank,get them to stamp it and sign it to confirm that the account is in my name! time wasting? also when (?) we do get a refund it will be for what travel republic paid to freedom direct e.g if we paid £250 per flight to travel republic and they only paid £200 to airline company,thats what we'll get.so we still lose out!
Hi Bushbaby, I have checked this out, and our understanding, backed up by people who have received refunds (they booked flight only with no hotel, so CAA were able to 'process' quicker), is you should receive the amount you paid Travelrepublic, not what Travelrepublic paid FF. The only diffference might be any card fees, which I do not think the CAA will refund.

Steve
hi everyone, i've posted this already on another thread but just to let you know that i finally got the last letter from CAA today!!!! It consisted of ticking 3 boxes (not brain surgery!!) i ticked the boxes then ran to post box before postmans last collection...phew...is this almost over??? :tongue
hi ..tanyabanya...sorry to inform you but i have had that letter sent back to the caa over three weeks now ..still no further forward....
Hi Johndoe, PM me your CAA claim number and I will see what is going on (apart from nothing!).

Steve
what is going on with the caa? after all,we have all paid for flights that are ATOL BONDED !!! why dont they just bite the bullet and just pay out!! they are just stalling for time and looking for loopholes so as not to pay out!! it does not inspire confidence when t/o boast atol or abta bonded-after all we are all six months down the line with no refund in site! in future i'll pay with my credit card and at least i'll know i will be covered if things go wrong.
Not knowing all the details of everyone here, but I think the CAA are now checking to see if the money you paid to TR, was passed on to the ATOL holder before the collapse. If not then TR would still have your money.
It is wrong of Steve from TravelRepublic to be critising the CAA, saying they are doing nothing.
Hi Johndoe, PM me your CAA claim number and I will see what is going on (apart from nothing!).

Steve

You are TR customers, TR are the ones you should be annoyed at. TR not licenced to sell the holidays you booked, TR took your holiday bookings (flights+hotels) and your payments to make profit, and by doings so dodge their legal requirements to protect holiday makers.

Steve, I phoned TR last year to book a holiday, was offered a hotel and a flight and given an inclusive price (ie a total price) on the phone. I asked if my 'holiday' would be ATOL protected, the call centre person said 'YES the holiday would be, because the flight is covered by ATOL'. This is untrue, my holiday would not be ATOL protected as I found out when I checked further. I didn't book because I didn't like to be lied to.
I will see what is going on (apart from nothing!).

I think Steve meant it as a kindly joke and without intention to offend anyone. Aliceadventures, we are always grateful to be able to take advantage of techical insider help, and I don't think any offence was meant. Of course, if you work for the CAA I can understand if the comment made you feel a bit ruffled, but I am sure nothing nasty was meant by it. :)
in future i'll pay with my credit card and at least i'll know i will be covered if things go wrong.

Hi Bushbaby,
That's exactly what I thought and the reason I paid by CC, how wrong can you be :que I'm still waiting 6 months down the line. CC company say they'll only pay up when all other avenues have been exhausted and since the CAA have given me a claim reference number and told me they will pay, CC company won't budge. When will the CAA pay- that's what I want to know. My latest letter from them (received yesterday) says that I'm claiming from Travel Republic - News to me!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.