Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I have used offers of Travelzoo many times, but you wouldn't be booking with them. They are just a site which lists offers and you click through to the actual company you would be booking with.

luci :wave
Jetline Holidays seems to be a website set up as a test with no real content.

Jetline Travel is a real company which seems to do a lot of cruise business. It's based in an office in a shared building in Colindale, north London and their website actually uses the same address, which is a good start and not always the case!

Their T&Cs clearly state what is classed as a package holiday (and therefore has the legally protected rights) and what isn't. This is also good and worth reading because it applies to all similar companies who may not be so clear.

Then is gets a bit shady. Their reviews elsewhere are a bit mixed. Some are bad, some are bad but written by people who clearly shouldn't have been trusted with a passport in the first place and some newer ones are good.

The main complaints were;

package tours advertised but not actually available at that price (or at all). This is a common complaint with companies that use the likes of Travelzoo or Teletext.

pushy sales reps (a while back).

custom arranged holidays that didn't work out. (although there was a glowing report of one that did).

Basically, if you've looked at a price for a package tour from a known tour operator by all means try them but don't be surprised if it isn't available at that price. And if they start trying to sell you something else hang up.
Travelzoo just send out holiday offers enmasse to their database of registered users.
You would actually book through the advertising holiday company and not through Travelzoo.
I know quite a few people who have booked after seeing offers through them, my sister also booked a cruise after seeing it there too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.