America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I know what you mean about "O". We went to see Mystere and although it was OK and the acrobats, etc were vry good, the show did nothing for me I'm afraid.

Glad you had such a great trip.

luci :wave
Glad to hear you had a great time,we went to NY in march and like you we were just in awe of everything in NY! We are going to LV in june as part of a 3 centre trip for our honeymoon and we are staying at the luxor as well,so if you have any insiders info about the luxor or vegas in general give me a shout! cheers Mark
Hi Mark!

The Luxor is lovely, get a tower room, bigger and nicer. You will get lost in this place and many other hotels, so try and keep your sense of direction!!

In every hotel there are people offering free shows and dinner, just walk on and say you are going home, its to take to you to see the new apartments that are being built all around the strip....sort of like timeshare but to purchase outright...if you have a few $million lying around? :wink: :lol:

Get the Deuce bus up and down the strip and to Downtown (Freemont st) Freemont st is amazing, we had the best night here and also the cheapest meal!! Its quite expensive $40+ for steak! (yeah we do sound like skinflints :lol: )

We booked the MAverick heli trip in the visitors ctr beside the Coca cola bottle/m&m's shop with a lady called Valerie, she is lovely and very helpful...even for a sales person!

Oh and the so called Irish bar in NEw York New York is the most hillarious place we have seen. Its more Irish than what we are American...we are Irish by the way. Nice food though! Even the waiter told us how to use Malt Vinegar and how to cook Shepards Pie.....he obviously didn't recognise the accent :lol:

Will come back when I remember more, so much! Where else are you going for your HM?
Hi again Jaime! thanks for your info,we are going to LV for 3 nights,Hawai for 7 nights and San Francisco for 4 nights,we are really looking forward to it 8) We really want to go to the Grand Canyon so would it be better to book it before we leave home,since we are only there for 3 days or can you just turn up the day before? once again thanks alot,cheers Mark
Hi JaimeC

Sounds like you had a fab holiday. Was wondering how you booked your two centre holiday. I'm thinking/hoping to do NY and LV for my 40th in a few years......did you book everything seperate or was it a package?

Whatever way, who did you book through?

Thanks in advance.

xxBreezerxx
No probs with the Q's thats what the board is for...

Mark, I originally intended to pre book with Papillon, but with the wedding plans, I just didn't get around to it as was so busy the weeks leading up to it. We seen the lady, Valerie on the Sunday and we went on the Tuesday morning for the flight. it was $309 each + $15 fuel surcharge. If you don't prebook then make sure its one of the 1st things you do once arriving.
http://www.maverickhelicopters.com
http://www.papillon.com
http://www.heliusa.com

Maverick were a little more expensive but they have the best pilots, live narration and it was worth it as we got an Ecostar new helicopter as well.

Breezer,
We booked with American Holidays in Belfast/Dublin. I had looked at other travel agents and Expedia etc but they were the best price for direct flights with Continental (best airline!) from Dublin. £2k, 4 nights in NY and 6 in LV. Keeping with the same airline for international and internal flights is best incase one is delayed then they have to get you on the next one, if you know what I mean?

Will be around later if you have any more Q's.
Hi JamieC, glad you had an amazing time, as you no, we were at the grand canyon in july and loved every minute of it. We didnt get as far as freemont, but then we have a reason to go back next time. Tell me more about the Big Apple Greeter please, we fly there 5th january for 5 nights as its my 30th on the 7th January. We are taking a full day out to go to niagra but am also keen to know more about this greeter, where do they take you as want to see as much of the city as possible.
Wickchick...check out http://www.bigapplegreeter.org it tells you everything about them. you can choose which area of manhatten you want covered or their choice...we left it to them.

I would request one now as only 1/3 requests get fulfilled. Also you don't hear until a few days before your departure if you have been successful.

Hope this helps
Hi jaimec

Great trip report,glad you enjoyed your trip in the US,i told you there was nothing to worry about regarding your helicopter flight apart from your husbands white face.

P.S. How did the wedding go?
Hi jaimec
Great trip report. Haven't been to either yet but I'm sure I will some day!
Uncle Kevin!

The wedding went great, if you email me I will send you my wedding report and some piccies. Best day ever, exceeded my expectations loads! :lol:

Really can't wait to try and get back to NY though, going to save like mad to get there next December.
:wave
Oh dear :oops:
meant to congratulate you on your wedding when I posted! So- belated congratulations!! Did you get married out there?
Hi Fiona!

Nope, we got marred in Northern Ireland in a castle. If you email me I will send you some piccies.

Are you allowed to post them up here? :?:
Good report and congratulations!!!

We are going to NY in a couple of weeks - would you say that eating out is expensive eg. lunchtime and evening. Was the horse & carriage in Central Park worth the money? Where would you suggest doing most of our shopping. We are only there from for around 3 whole days so all info welcome.

Cheers :D
Hi Jaime :wave

Many Thanks for your detailed report.

Probably better for you to send your pics via a PM to those who'd like to see them (no requests here please, use PM facility :wink: ).

Pippy :D
Carrie,

Eating is the same price as back home although the service (mostly!) and portions are more and better. Some places like on Times Sq are expensive go over to 9th Avenue. Plenty of places there and more reasonable. Also we ate that much at breakfast we were ok until dinner/tea time anyhow, never ate lunch even in Vegas.

The carriage ride was $34 + tip day and $54 + tip evening we went at dusk and paid $34!!! :lol: so it was dark when we finished, took about 20 mins. It was nice and it was something 'you have to do'.

Shopping, best place as far as I am aware is Woodbury Common you need to get a bus to there. Century 21 is beside Ground Zero. We didn't do much shopping as there was soooo much to see and do.

Hope this helps
JAimeC :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.