Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I see you were staying at the Rosamar. We were there last August and booked online with FlyGlobespan. They did advise us via a note on the booking that there was building work near the hotel.

You really should have completed a complaint form from the rep in resort as it would give you a stronger case.

luci :wave
Whilst it is advisable that you complete a complaint form in resort it does not stop you complaining on return.

As you say you were aware that the rep was there but I have often not seen the rep after the welcome meeting due to being out and about when they attended.

You are on holiday and it could be argued that to minimise the disturbance you went out.

You should have been informed prior to going if the TO was aware of it.

fwh
Any building work going on should be told to you before you go! The tour operators should have information on their screens when looking up holidays with building work!
Did you get any photos?
It's a shame you couldn't see the rep as it's the 'in resort' complaint form that really helps in these situations!
If you feel the rep couldn't be contacted, state how you tried to get in contact in your letter and send it along with some photos!

This happened to us in Portugal and the TO shot themselves in the foot because we rang the number they give you and they stated that 'No information was given to the High Street shops reguarding building work' yet we got an in resort complaint form where the rep is saying we should have known about it before we come as all shops had the info. Therefor we had two conflicting views and we ended up with a third of out money back!
Ive got a video of the building site. Ill try calling direct in the morning, and yes, it was the rosamar! If i had known to complain while i was there i would have done.
We didnt see the rep though, knew she was there though. Anyway, what could she have done?!

Whilst you should have been informed of the building works under the Package Holiday Regulations and ABTA rules, you did not complain to your holiday representative, even though on your own admission she was there and presumably available.

Therefore I don't think you will get anywhere at all pursuing your complaint, and in answer to your question "Anyway what could she have done?!" the answer is move you to another room, to another hotel, but most of all by virtue of the travel company's terms and conditions enable you to pursue a complaint when you got home.

When things go wrong on holiday you must report them there and then to your representative and give the holiday company the chance to put matters right. Sorry, but that's how it is.

Peter
Yeah thats what i thought, am not going to complain am just going to leave it. i would not have moved hotels as we were with another couple and their room was on the other side. And i would not have moved rooms as i requested a room on the sunny side so would not have wanted a room on the other side!! Hard to please me! It didnt ruin our holiday so ive concluded to leave it in the past and have happy memories !! :cheers
A wise decision Bev, you'll spend hours and hours writing letters, and I'm sure get nowhere. Glad you still managed to have a good holiday.

Peter
It didnt ruin our holiday so ive concluded to leave it in the past and have happy memories !

How I wish there were a few more like you.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.