General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
That's a bit of a pain when you have to work it, nothing worse than seeing people out enjoying themselves and you are working or having to work on a nightshift, I hated it.

The weather here during the last few days has been really lovely, bright, sunny and warm in to the 20's, however my pager has gone off a couple of times in the middle of the night and wow the night temperatures have dropped down, one was down at 3 degrees and I see they are talking on the weather forecast that a touch of frost is possible :yikes
This corner Summerhouse lying in the back garden is going to be more an Autumnhouse at this rate, cheers Tam.

So a replacement iPhone is winging its way to me, just checked on DPD and Peter is delivering parcel #1 and I am #32 approx 3hrs 15min away, that's a good system they have.

I went with my son to buy a new car and 'help' with negotiations, he has never traded in a car and bought a new one before, he sat intently reading a leaflet with his head down while I got in to full flow, after much for want of a better word I will call it 'discussion' and threats of going elsewhere and were they having a laugh etc etc a deal was agreed, his monthly payments ended up 55 pounds a month less than what we had been told was the final best price at the start. I hate that side of buying a new car.

Oh by the way it is only 120 days to Christmas :D
Today I’m going to be laying a pipe, so that soon (hopefully), we will have mains water to the house, dig dig dig

:think
Heigh-ho, heigh-ho its off to work he goes
He'll dig dig dig our pipe the whole day through
Dig dig dig, that is what he likes to do
and it ain't no trick to get rich quick
If you dig dig dig, with a shovel and a pick
Dig dig dig, the whole pipe through.

Think of the lovely hot bath you will be able to relax in at the end of the day :tup
Did you get your waterworks sorted?

I received new iPhone, silly me thought it would be a simple straight forward process to transfer it all over from backup on to new phone, nope, next to nothing has auto set up so will have to try and do it manually once I manage to get it synced with iTunes.

Does anybody know how to kill the roots of a tree? I had a large tree cut down about 6 months ago however the roots are starting to sprout and have pushed up and are now sticking through the pavement.
I desperately need to change my phone Graham but the idea of setting up a new one is daunting.

I'm to tight to buy an IPhone, only want to spend £15 or £16 a month, which limits me to a Nokia something or other, a Sony Experian what's it's name or a Motorola G (or might be E) - as you can see I am really on top of my phone models :rofl :rofl

I've got a blackberry that is going out of date, or so I thought, as it's nearly three years old, went into Tesco phone shop and asked what the latest Blackberry is as thought upgrading would be the easiest option and it is the same one I currently have :yikes

So there is a company not worth buying shares in !

Doe :sun2
Hopefully this is the start of an Indian Summer, the last few days have been lovely, sunny and in to the 20's. I just wish Tam would come and do this staging so I can get the Summerhouse erected.

How is everybody elses weather?

Anybody making plans for the weekend? Mrs Kiltie and I are off to the Hilton in Dunblane for our 33rd anniversary, I deserve a medal for all these years :rofl
Went into town today to buy some groceries, came back with two sofas :think

Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Did you get your waterworks sorted?.

Not yet Kiltman, the area I’m digging doesn’t get into the shade until after 4pm, and even then the temperature is in the mid thirties. So I’m just doing a bit each day, I am supposed to be retired after all :sun2
Ah retired, that seems to be when you suddenly discover you are sooooo busy you wonder when you actually had time to work :D
That is a problem PTMD & Kiltman.
When you retire you become "available". :think :think
I'm trying to get off in the van when all the rugrats are back at school but SWMBO has 3 hospital appointments plus an aunt to take there as well, I have 1 to go to but thats clashing with half term, so no problem.
:que :que
What to do?
Ah I sussed this, although I have left the wholetime fire service after 30 years I still run with my local retained unit so I have got to be available all the time, I can't just run off shopping or taking people places, unless of course it suits me :D

As a matter of fact I had started replying to this post almost 2 hours ago and the pager went, I am just back in.

Summerhouse now going to happen, Tam is coming on Tuesday :tup
Summerhouse now going to happen, Tam is coming on Tuesday

He managed to pop in for a couple of hours, put foundations and base in for decking, said he would be back Wednesday, didn't make it, did a few more hours on Thursday, and finally it all got finished today, all the decking, screen for the bins (well that is until the council decides we need even more of the things :zip) and the corner Summerhouse is erected, EVERYTHING is completed :clap

I started treating everything with Cedar Decking oil so it looks as though I have been and had a bad spray tan and it doesn't wash of too easily :(

Got to give everything a second coat tomorrow then I think a trip to Ikea, I want my Summerhouse to be more then just a shed, so I thought perhaps making it look like one of those little beach huts with the nice interior.

There must be more of you heading to Ikea it always looks as though half the country goes to one on a Saturday :D
What is everybody up to tomorrow (Sunday) gardening, washing the car, visiting friends / family or just going a drive?
Going to a pool party :sun2 …… with apologies to anyone having bad weather :D :D :D
The weather here (Kent) has been lovely today, so not as exciting as pool parties, have washed my car and put washing on line which is so lovely, and we sat outside having a glass of wine after the Sunday Roast earlier - very laid back I must say.
We have been for a walk along a canal and landed up having to eat home made scones with jam and clotted cream and drinking tea in a garden
and landed up having to eat home made scones with jam and clotted cream and drinking tea in a garden

and there's me thinking we were hard done to having to go to the beach for the third time this week :cheers

Think I would do an exchange for scones with jam and clotted cream though :tup
I had a great day, we were out on a training exercise on Loch Lomond, so we have been hurtling around Loch Lomond on the rescue boat, scooshing water on one of the islands, we then had a buffet and a welcome cup of tea then a juant back down the loch on the rescue boat and to top it all off it has been a lovely sunny day.

Some people call that work :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.