Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
At first I thought it could have been a frogfish, but as I read on, the bit about the small fins in a circular socket made me think of some kind of pufferfish.
Maybe Dr/Prof Wally will know. You may even get the Latin name too.
Definitely sounds like a pufferfish of some sort Probably a White spotted puffer. Do you have a good pic Ev?
I may have, but I haven't the time to trawl through my photos at the moment.

How about THIS and THIS?
Well Steve, we're all waiting with bated breath! Was it one of those or do we have to keep investigating?
Everest
those two links have been hijacked the only way I could get the pictures is to open them in history

http://www.freefotofile.com/ims/pic.php?u=277jqt5Y&i=1181 opens when I click on the links
:?
They work OK for me.
Doesn't work for me, have you hosted them on any other sites?
Me neither I also get freetofile. :?
I've cleared my history folder, and they still work OK.

The easiest way is to just Google images for "white spotted puffer"

It may even be the Green White-Spotted Puffer shown HERE (if that works}.
I've cleared my history folder, and they still work OK.

The easiest way is to just Google images for "white spotted puffer"

It may even be the Green White-Spotted Puffer shown here(if that works}.

that one does
Ev. mate, don't worry, both your links worked and still work for me! Must be this cheap electricity they get in other parts of the country!
I thought I was going mad for a moment, but as you can see them Rog mate, I KNOW I'm going mad. :wink:
Must be panto season
They weren't working for me earlier...

Oh, yes they do !
oh no they don't !

Oh yes they do again..!
Sorry about the delay but I haven't been able to get to the PC.

No, no and probably no but it looks on those lines. The fin was a lot smaller than the hole it was in - looked deformed. Would these puffer fish be in shallow water. the bit is was was probably 800 meters plus from anything over knee height.

The front end looked like a frog sitting there in the water so it would have had spaced out eyes, Don't recollect puppy dog eyes thoughh and don't remember obvious white markings underneath but it only moved about 3 inches and sat there looking at me and I wasn't going to take any chances. I think it was more speckled than spotted but the memory isn't the same anymore! Typical: I went out there to film the fish and the only day I saw anything worthwhile I didn't have the camera with me.
Having read through this thread but never having been to Egypt (11 days to go) I was just wondering do shisha pipes have some sort of hallucinogenic affect :rofl
Sorry Everest I can't get the links open either, but you have me intrigued now.
Well this really is strange! Ev's links have worked for me since the day he posted them. What is the matter with you lot? :roll: AND, I haven't touched the shisha since sunday!
Ev

Just to let you know, your links worked for me. Cute eyes they have haven't they?

Angela
And I can't even blame a 'slow dial up connection" like someone we know. :rofl Could be my dodgy AOL broadband though. :hmmm
didnt work for me neither...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.