UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Yorkshire Dales
11 Posts
Hi Plummet, I'm from Yorkshire, where are you wanting to stay (area)...IE Ingleton, Grassington, Skipton? Some also class Ilkley, Otley and Burley-in-Wharfedale as the Dales. I'll take a look and see what I can find. Meanwhile if you type Yorkshire tourist board into your search engine some links will come up........Linda
Take a look at the Pennine Way websites - they have info on places to stay along the route. A colleague did the route in September and found very affordable accommodation for every night he was en-route.
Dunno where to stay but I know a load of decent mountain biking routes :twisted: :lol:
I am thinking of using Settle as my base, either hotel or rented accommodation. I intend a trip on the Settle - Carlisle railway.I would like to be as independant of my car as possible.Any ideas for day trips would be welcome?.thankyou.
In case you haven't seen it, HERE'S the Settle-Carlisle website :wink:

Pippy :D
Coming in rather late on this one, but we have just booked a cottage through Sykes cottages, for Easter, at what I thought was a very reasonable price. Worth a look if you haven't found anything yet.

Pam :D
We stayed in the village of Redmire a few years back, we went on spec, and found that the village post office/shop did B&B, and very nice too, lovely room, and not too expensive, and right next door to the pub which did lovely meals.
We have stayed in some lovely country house hotels in the Dales over the last few years - Simonstone Hall nr Hawes being our favourite but our friends' recent house move means future weekends away need to be a bit less expensive!! Can anyone suggest any good B & Bs? Must be within walking distance of a good pub. Or a pub with accommodation :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.