Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Two Brothers Studios have been added to our reviews site. If you have stayed there please add a review HERE

Thanks

luci :wave
The beach in tsilivi is not very good in my opinion
I'm thinking of booking for a week with Solos Holidays for Tsilivi from the 5th October 2008, but just wondering what it's like at this time?

Such as temperature and nightlife? Still many single people out there around mid 20s at this time?
The beach in Argassi is almost non-existant!

Going back to the original question, flights to Greece are alot more expensive than Spain quite simply because it's twice as far. I've always found it cheaper to book package holidays to Greece.
Hi, Im lookinf for some information, Im trying to find a map of Tsivili with hotels on it also? Anybody with an idea were I can Find one?
Hi :wave:

If you use the link below and click on the map this will expand the map to screen size.
Once opened up if you right click you can then zoom in (click again to zoom further) and you will find the names and locations of hotels, bars and restaurants etc.

There is also a lot of other info on the website about Tsilivi.

http://www.justzante.co.uk/Tsilivi.htm

If there is any particular place you are looking for I am sure somebody on here will be able to help !
Thanks for that, The reason i ask is that I will be going my mates Wedding next year and he has booked for the Strofades Beach Hotel, but as it is exclusive to Thomson theres not much shopping around I can do, What I wanted to find out was if there were any near by hotels that we could look for,
Ive looked at the site in the previous post and there doesnt seem to be anything near by?

Another option would be maybe looking at a villa to rent for a week near by but I am at a loss at were to begin looking for villas in that area, any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.
Eh up guys,

Off to Zante for first time in a few weeks, any advice on supermarket prices for booze/cigs in Kalamaki area. Also bar prices for wine, beer, spirits etc and any brill beaches.
Cheers :sun2
off to zate soon near kalamaki, advice on snorkellin please and hoping to see my turtle mates :tup
got your PM but will reply what i can on here..went to Zakynthos in may, my Greek fags were 1.4 euro per 20 OH's Richmond king size 2.4 euro per 20 [ price is the same weather you buy 1 or 100 packets] mythos was between 2.5 and 3 euro for a large draught,
metaxa pende' [5 star with coke] around 3.5 to 4 euro, cant help with bottles as we didn't bring home this year, cant help re supermarkets in the area you are going, Zakynthos New airport departures has 2 scanners, you must scan your cases before joining the Que to book in for your flight, same rules as here all liquids in bulk in the case, the departure lounge on two floors has an expensive café and a duty free. smoking area is upstairs in the caffe... prices not much different to last year in Greece but the lowly pound makes it feel dearer, we are off again in October to Argasi, have fun

yasus

wizard
Sandos,

When in September are you going? I'm there the first week so if no one else has replied with information and I'm back before you go I'll provide details then.
Hi
We stayed at Strofades in June, the Daisy Apts and Tsilivi Studios were close to the hotel.
Dont know what they are like though. Spoke to someone who was staying at Daisy Apts and they said they were fine.
M
The Ionian sea is beautiful, crystal clear and great for snorkeling. Kalamaki is great for turtle spotting. Take a pedlo out a fair distance and then snorkel from there. Your quite safe snorkeling in Kalamaki as no watersports are allowed.

Have fun.

Sarah
Hi all,
Have just done a last minute booking for Zante for next week...yippee!
:sun2
Never been there before & wondering about things to do/places to see.
Are the trips to Olympia on the mainland or Kephalonia worth the trouble.
I'd appreciate any info at all....Thanks!
Hi where are you staying in Zante? Any children? Have just come back from Argassi and there is lots to do but depends on age etc of your party!!
The trip to Olympia is definitely worth doing. Make sure you have a guide to get the best experience.
If you've never been to Kefalonia, then yes, do that trip also.
Other trips of note are the 'shipwreck' - best viewed from above - hire a car and go when the TO's are not there.
Blue caves - again hire a car and go when TO's are not there.
You can also go to Athens on a 2 day trip - well worth doing, our trip also took in Delphi and the Corinth canal.
Where abouts in Zante are you going?
Thx.
We're staying in Tsilivi and hoping it'll be quieter than some of the more young & lively places I've read about ..as we're not!
We are 2 active 50 year olds who overall will be very happy to 'chill out' and soak up the Greek atmosphere but will definitely need a few diversions to break up the fortnight.
I do fancy Olympia.(esp as Olympic games will be on at the time!)
Been to Athens & sailed thro the Corinth Canal(brill) when we stayed in Tolon otherwise that would have ben very appealing.
Is a tour of Zante better done thro' the tour operator or independently? Is the driving on Zante ok?! :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.