Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I'm with Shirley on that one, taxies are usually plentiful and reasonably priced, [all are metered ]

wizard
We are visiting Tsilivi for the first time in 4 weeks. There are 4 of us in our 50's. Should we get a car? should we use public transport? Any pointers would be most welcome as we are only there for a week and want to get the best out of the island
public transport is extremely sparse and awkward,cars are a much better idea,the bus only really runs to zante town from tsilivi and isnt very regular in either direction.hiring a car is cheap enough and zante isn't that big so all doable in 1 or 2 days,tsilivi is a great little resort with enough for all ages,me and my gf went last year and me and some other lads went this year,between us all aged 23-37,so seen it from 2 angles and enjoyed it come what may.
Maybe if this can be moved to the Zante forum there might be more advice :tup
I meant the zakynthos Q&A thread :whoops
We are visiting Tsilivi for the first time in 4 weeks. There are 4 of us in our 50's. Should we get a car? should we use public transport? What is good to see? Any pointers would be most welcome as we are only there for a week and want to get the best out of the island
Post now merged to the Zaknthos Q&A thread

yasus
wizard
zepellin there is only the 1 taxi company on the whole of zante and always plenty around especially at the airport, it costs 13 euros to kalamaki as we got one going back to the airport in august, they are set prices
Zeppelin wrote:
Hi

This will be our first vist to Zante when we come for 7 days in October, so does anyone recommend a good "cheap" TAXI transfer company (two adults and 1 child) to kalamaki, or is it just as cheap and simple to get a taxi outside the airport?

Many Thanks

Bill

Hi Zeppelin..

Just found a 2011 Price guide for Taxi's on Zante.

http://www.justzante.co.uk/zante_taxi_fares.asp

These are the 2011 'maximum suggested' taxi prices published by the taxi drivers themselves. They are not the same as the official 'metered rates', but this is what you are likely to be charged.

KALAMAKI 3.3km €13.00

Paul.
rkenn1 wrote:
We are visiting Tsilivi for the first time in 4 weeks. There are 4 of us in our 50's. Should we get a car? should we use public transport? What is good to see? Any pointers would be most welcome as we are only there for a week and want to get the best out of the island

Hi rkenn1 :wave:

As you are in Tsilivi you could try Tsilivi Travel and enquire about the Jeep Safari's.
http://www.tsilivi-travel.gr/excursions/jeep-safari.html

Compared to car hire it's expensive but, you get the tour of places you wouldn't get to if you hired a car.
Zakfari has been well recommended over the years although I never got to do it myself due to it being
booked up on the days we had free.

There is another more comfortable Coach tour.
http://www.tsilivi-travel.gr/excursions/bus-trip.html

Driving is fairly easy as most signs are in English & Greek, just get yourselves a good map of the island.
I've uploaded a large copy here.. >> http://www.melville-vs-medway.webspace.virginmedia.com/zante-map/
zante-map-new-merge-hi.jpg 28 Sep 11 18:52 1.7Mb not sure how that prints..
Tsilivi is just above Zakynthos town along the coast.

Place to visit.

Cross at Kambi E2 Lovely restaurant right up by the cross.
Ship Wreck Beach B1

So many lovely little villages and secluded beaches..
Thanks for the Taxi info

Bill
If anyone is interested I have submitted a review of the Roseland hotel in Kalamaki.

We spent two very hot weeks sunbathing, trying a variety of restaurants and hiring a car for three days, which I highly recommend as the island is absolutely stunning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.