Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
that would be a bit subjective, as I eat almost anything,and found no problems, the OH is a bit fussy, but found more than enough from the selection, our comments were
Food..breakfast was the usual continental buffet and attempted English [not yet found a Greek hotel that can do a proper English] Dinner well not truly Ionian/Greek it had all the necessary flavours and colours of the region. if you do not like Ionian Greek style then don't go half board.

[i have just realised it was the end of 2008 we went not last year...i must need a holiday :rofl ]

wizard
Thanks for your help, get yourself away you only live once thats what I say :sun2
Does anyone know if you have to pay for the air conditioning at the diana palace hotel . we are going all inc
We were going to book to go to Turkey but since the collapse of Goldtrail the prices have gone up alot, we are now thinking of going to Zante mid August for 2 weeks. What are the prices like to eat and drink out compared to Turkey?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi to all,
what a great site. I hope someone can help. We have booked to go to the two brothers studios as a quick decision after our holiday to Turkey has gone, through the goldtrail administation saga. :whoops
since booking I have found nothing but bad reveiws on these apartments so I'm hoping some of you nice people can shine a light on the area and apartments. good/bad

many thanks
Bertrambee
we always go to zante but never been to turkey so cant really say but i know of people that have been to both and they say zante is cheaper to eat,drink etc

we are a family of 4 but the kids are older and eat adult meals and we pay roughly between 30-60 euros, depending on if we have starters, desserts and what we have to drink, thats just a rough guide so hope it helps a little
my advice would be to just go, you can make it as expensive or as budget as possible. You can probably save 30/40 euro's a day by just taking your own bottled water round the pool for the day or not eating out one day/afternoon/breakfast.
Hi sorry to send you to another site but it may be better there. Zante messageboard. That is purely for Zante and there is a whole section just for Kalamaki. I have used both this and the other site and have found them both to be immensley helpful.
Welcome to the Greek forums of HT

we have one hotel review for this property

I have merged your post into the Zakynthos thread

yasus
wizard
Bertrambee We stayed in the two brothers Kalamaki last year . We were booked elsewhere but moved to this one by travel agent . We had no problems at all neither did the most of the guests while we were there . There was a big group there during our first week that wrecked a room saying they had money stolen. I can honestly say they had different people in their rooms all the time so could of been anyone . We always left ipod etc out never had a problem. My wife broke heer foot the week before we went the staff change rooms for us straight away. The only problem was the bar close 11.30 to midnight. It is in a location easy to reach everywhere .Hope this helps. We would stay there again .
Hi
Can anyone tell me if there is duty free on the flights to Zante, read somewhere there are no cigarettes on board, but what about perfumes etc??
Thanks
as you will be flying within the EU duty free doesn't apply [this also applies to your departure airport]
you may purchase goods DUTY PAID at the airport but if your thinking of tobacco products they will be cheaper in Zakynthos alcohol is a little cheaper than the uk.. cant help with other goods

yasus
wizard

merged to Zakynthos thread
Any one been to the Princess Hotel Tsilivi. We are booed to go in September so any info would be good

Regards
Anne :wave:
Yes there are perfumes no cigs or drink. New airport section so no standing outside now.
Whopee - Sis & I have just booked 2 weeks at the Venus Hotel in Kalmaki for next August.http://www.venushotel.gr/
Can anyone give us an idea of this years prices for meals and drinks please?
we paid for 4 of us anywhere between 30-50 euros for meals sometimes with desserts and starters sometimes without, with house wine, most bars cocktails are 2-3 euros 2-2.50 mythos, depends what you want really, what dates are you going in August? we are going to zante again next year we think for our 5th visit end of july ish for 2 weeks
Hi Lancslass, I'm Helen's sister and we'll be in Kalamaki between 4th-18th August next year :)
-- and those prices don't look too bad at all!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.