Pontins Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Mairead Palmer
12 years 3 months ago
Im just home from the holiday from hell. Pontins is a run down smelly outdated dump. The food was awful aswell as the accomdation. The appartments were like a slum with think mould and dirt everywhere...There was lots of noise and fighting . There was dirty undreware thrown outside our appartment for the time we were there. Its the worst place Ive ever been. The best thing there is the WAY OUT and I hope that people will read this and hve the sence to spend their money else where. The shows are a joke wit people gettin drunk while their kids sleep on chairs. There is no entertainment for the kids the pool wasnt even opened for a day out of our stay. The place is a health hazzard and should be closed down.

Travel operator: internet

C.kingsley
12 years 3 months ago
After reading other reviews before i left i have to say i was filled with dread,the room we stayed in was a budget chalet ,it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be but it wasn't that good either,there was evidence of improvements on the chalets but ours wasn't one of them,it could of done with a bit more of a clean but it was livable,just. E..very morning at 2am we were woken up by drunken revellers shouting outside your room,though security did do their best to calm things down the shop was very expensive which i guess you would expect at holiday resorts,the food in the restaraunts were reasonably priced,i definately wouldn't go back and i would say if you want a good holiday go somewhere else,wales is a beautiful place but pontins is not and i was very dissapointed by my experience of the place.

Travel operator: booked online

Philip
12 years 5 months ago
Travelled to football tournament organised by SCI with 3 teams and 9 coaching staff and stayed at Pontins. Had read some reviews, some good and some bad so didn't know what to expect.
It's a bit outdated and not very pleasing to the eye and is like stepping back in a time warp.
We had one block for all our group, the rooms were not what we had expected but weren't the worst we've ever stayed in before.
Had bother with kids from other teams running riot and kicking football between the chalets to all hours of the morning, rang security about 4/5 times but nothing was done, so just had to put up with it.
The food was ok, but once again the decor was drab, the Queen Vic bar could do with a lick of paint and a really good clean and spruce up..

overall: I think Pontins should invest some money in this place, re vamp the chalets, canteen and bring them up to date, give the place a good clean, put in lcd tv's with satellite channels, new sofa beds and metal framed beds.. Should be able to do this at the nearest IKEA!!!!!

anyway, it wasn't all bad we came home winners!!
Location:

Travel operator: sci soccer tournament

Amanda
12 years 5 months ago
bad food, bad beer, awful room we had basic and we got less than basic.
even the bingo was spoiled when one of the bluecoats said there was no more bingo even though people were still getting in line he stood at the back of the queue on turned people away i thought this place was to be fun, dont believe the good reviews
Food:

Travel operator: drove

Lorraine Doyle
12 years 5 months ago
Even though its a year ago I still cant forget my holiday in pontins. It was a nightmare to say the least and I would just like to warn anyone goin there to book somewhere else please dont waste ur money. The place is so dirty u actually wouldnt believe it especially the accomation we spent the few days driving around to different places I wish I had read the reviews before I went. The staff are unfriendly the food is awful. Theres no point in goin on just please take note of what im saying

Travel operator: internet

Patrick Bennett
12 years 6 months ago
just stayed there monday till friday , myself and the kids realy enjoyed the night entertainment shows,
good weather ment a good stay ,staff were very good with the children always had the time to say hello or just make them laugh.

Travel operator: none

Recommended
Claire
12 years 7 months ago
The Partys ext were great it was really fun on this holiday i love wales so much and i always advise it to my mates when i took my kids they had Lovely tans And They Loved It They couldn't believe how much fun it was and they asked me one night that they wished they lived in wales my daughter Stacey talks to her teacher about how much fun she has because we come to wales every 3 months for 3 and a half weeks

Travel operator: Silver Town Taxi

Recommended
Daimond
12 years 10 months ago
We have just got back from a weekend at Pontins in Prestatyn at an event organised by Hard Rock Hell. Obviously i cant comment on the entertainment and facilities offered by Pontins as the Camp had been taken over by the company for the weekend. What i can comment about is the cleanliness of the apartments. In my opinion the accommodation we have just spent the weekend in was not fit for animals. It was disgustingly filthy.I had to wipe the wall down by one of the single beds because it was covered in boogies.The bathroom looked like it hadn`t been touched since it was built(probably in the 70`s)which i could have coped with had it been clean but on inspection we found that the outside of the toilet was covered in caked on vomit-and there were a couple of `lumps`on the floor. The bath plug was so matted with hair that the water took ages to drain away.I didnt dare look at the mattresses as we were condemned to staying for the weekend and needed to sleep, if we had seen the state of them on friday i don`t think we would have done so. The kitchen i have to say was reasonable and didn`t look like it had been fitted long ,but did not in any way make up for the rest of the flat. The icing on the cake was when, just before leaving, i took a closer look at the `paint mark` on the lounge mirror. It turned out to be a dried on lump of phlegm!! Having spoken to other people staying I don`t think ours was an isolated incident, all i can say is if you have any standards at all do not stay here.

Travel operator: Hard Rock Hell

Joanne Spurr
13 years 2 months ago
On arrival we collected our budget family room key and whilst we didnt expect to have all mod cons, we did expect a clean comfortable room. How wrong can you be, i immeadiatley set to cleaning the appartment its dirty walls, floors, bathroom, etc the standards of cleanliness were diabolical, the toilet seat had been emulsioned in white,(which came off when wiped) and the seat was dirty, rusty, and broken, the dust on the television was clearer to see than the picture, and when i swept the carpet i had to send the children out because of the clouds of dust. The camp facilities were genaraly fine and clean although the bars did smell of wet dogs and the food avilable was of the standard you would expect for a british holiday camp.I would not return to any pontins site nor would i reccomend anyone else to go.

Travel operator: pontins

Naomi
13 years 2 months ago
I didn't expect the Ritz, but it was awful. When we arrived we started to laugh at a place which looked like a prison until we saw the sign for Pontins!! and we drove in.
The Staff are very nice and i'm sure they try their best. We recieved our keys very quickly (no count down for keys!!)
The apartment was awful. The hot water tap didn't work in the bathroom and I had to use a saucepan to transfer hot water to the basin so I can have a wash!
The apartment was dirty and I cleaned it before allowing our son to sit down.
The TV arial was broke, so only had a fuzzy picture to watch.
The entertainment I could not tell you about really.
We went down on the first night but there are so many screaming kids running about you can't hear anything.
Would we go back?? never!!

Travel operator: independent

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.