Pontins Prestatyn Sands Holiday Park

• Food
  • Location
Ritchie Coombs
13 years 3 months ago
Arrived at around 1930 to Pontins, i was very scepticle about booking to stay with them but my missus persueded be that it would be fun for the kids. As we drove in i couldnt believe what i was seeing, the site looked like a 1980s council estate, with the accomodation blocks a bland grey colour surrounding a grassy area. When we got into our accomodation, i was shocked with the condition, the furniture was old damaged and dirty, worn carpet and stained curtains. I took my flip flops off and waled around for a bit - when i looked at my feet afterwards they were black from the dirt on the floor, it made feel sick. the bathroom was covered in mould, i couldnt even let the kids take their shoes off! We decided there and then to stay just for the night and then leave in the morning. We took a walk to the entertainment and as we walked in it stank of stale puke and stale booze - we jus t walked out.
I slept in my clothes as i didnt want to touch the bed clothes and first thing in the morning went to the reception, en route i saw to ladies fighting!

I went to the counter and told the lady that my apartment was disgusting and we were leaving today, the manager heard and came to see me. He took me into the back office (which was also quite dirty) and i explained to him also showing him my feet! He offered me a free upgrade which i declined and then all credit to him he gave me a full refund of

Hannah
13 years 7 months ago
The first time we went to Pontins we stayed in a classic apartment,when we went back we stayed in a budget apartment and we all preferred it.

We were only about a minutes walk from the beach but we didnt actually leave the site as we were enjoying ourselfes so much.

The staff were amazing and there was entertainment on all day long.

Travel operator: dont know

Becky-lou X
13 years 10 months ago
I stayed in budget for the first time ever. Normaly i stay in classic which is located next to the clubs. I have been going to pontins prestatyn now for about 3 years, for the main reason being is that he is the chef in one of the restarants.

Travel operator: car

Beverley
14 years 1 month ago
my sister and my 2 children and myself stayed here on the 3rd sept 2007. I have been coming to this resort since i was a child myself and have always brought my children here too. The entertainment was good and funny great micheal jackson performance done by a woman excellent. My 12 year old daughter loved the kareoke, and the swimming . Both girls done the rock climbing ,3g swing and abseiling they loved it. The staff were all very friendly and helpfull. The arcade was a big hit with the kids as you might guess, but i did limit them [ NOT REALLY ] .

Travel operator: pontins voucher

Sharon Stanley
14 years 2 months ago
I stayed at pontins prestayn it was brill i have been going for 12 years now with my daughter. mybe the bar prices were high but they are no differant from club prices.entertainment was very good even though that i had seen the act before it still made me chuckle and the jokes just went straight over the kids heads. I thought that the prices for food were average but i went to the local iceland and did my shopping. I stayed in classic. When there was any trouble the security was spot on i never seen or heard any trouble

Travel operator: thomas cook

Lauren Vanderbrink
14 years 3 months ago
One word to describe this holiday
amazing.
My favourite holiday so far.
Im fifteen and really enjoyed the holday. The staff were friendly and funny including the pgl staff.
The entertainment was good, i really enjoyed the duo act azurra.
The challet was clean and that is all we really wanted.
The location was ok, there is not much to do in Prestatyn but you can catch a bus outside pontins to rhyl which has plenty to do.
I would definatly visit here again.

Travel operator: Travel Lodge

Emma
16 years 3 months ago
This was one of the best holidays I have ever been on and at the end of the week I really didn't want to leave.

I can't really comment on the location as I didn't leave the site once all week everything you need was provided there. I did find the Londis shop on site quite expensive but everything else was quite reasonable.

Our chalet was very basic and was quite a dissapointment but it was at least clean. We were on a self catering holiday so didn't eat out in the hotel restaurants all though we did visit the fish and chip shop and found it's prices ridiculous.

All the staff were fantastic and very helpful you would be really hard pushed to find better. I went out everynight and was never back at the chalet befor 1 in the morning as the entertainment was brilliant both day and night.

I really do want to go back and maybe stay for 2 weeks as it was a brilliant holiday overall

Gina Reamonn
16 years 4 months ago
We had a great time at this location and would have no hesitation to go back. I won a return trip in November due to a darts compition i was playing in. The only problem i had was the opening times of the pool. Every child when on holidays want to swim well in to the night. Sadly it closes at 5pm. Evening entertainment could have started a little earlier. My kids are 1 and 3 and there bed time was 8pm as the were knackered and didnt have a chnce to see barney or any other kids entertainment. The bluecoats were very friendly and helpful. Rhyl is a town about 4 miles away for your breaks away from the holiday centre. Much to see and loads to do ( it looks like a mini blackpool)

Overall generally happy with my stay

Gina Reamonn ( Dublin )
Food:

Travel operator: Stenna Line

16 years 8 months ago
visited Pontins Prestatyn for February half term mid week break,was relatively cheap .
There are 3 classes of accommodation to chose from club (best),classic(middle),and budget.We stayed in classic no club available.

Firstly on arrival were unable to gain entry to our apartment as keyhole needed freeing up, not a good start with a crying baby waiting to get in.

Accommodation was very very basic, I dread to think what budget was like, it was not particulaly clean either,chairs were moulded plastic(like school chairs),sofa was thredbare and well worn.

Television did not get very good reception at all. There was a lack of cutlery and I had to request some more.
We were supposed to have duvets provided by pontins, but when we arrived there were none in our room.

Went streight to accommdation service centre to report this and was told some would be delivered later. 5pm still no duvets, this was again reported and same answer given.

7pm still not arrived, went back to the centre to be told that I would not be recieving any duvets as they did not have any. I could not believe they would leave children without covers in February.
After speaking with management I eventually recieved 2 duvets between 5 people.Which meant 3 of us had to share 1 duvet and 2 anouther.
Reported situation next day and did recieve an apology plus compensation and matter sorted.However the situation realy spoilt the start of our holiday.
Visited canteen for breakfast it was ok, and they did a deal buy two breakfasts get 2 kids brekfasts for 1p each.
Location was ok and it was easy to get buses to other resorts
Hotel staff were generally polite,although the accomadation service centre need to employ staff who can understand english and who are able to deal with peoples problems.
Day manager (forgotten name) was very good at diffusing a very angry holiday maker (me) and dealing with complaint.
Entertainment was quite good what you would expect from a holiday camp.
Activities provided for older children good, my children enjoyed climbing and abseiling.
Did quiet enjoy our break after the bad start.You have to make the most of things I would have gone home only the children would have been disapointed.
Food:

Ian Emsley
17 years 1 month ago
I was allocated a chalet which was disgusting. It had fungus growing up the bathroom wall. It was meant to have been cleaned, but they had just done the basics. The wallpaper was dirty and the furniture was tired. I have to say that I was surprised as the company kept the main building and the grounds spotless, yet let themselves down by letting out dirty chalets. While I was there, they emptied my bin once in seven days and for someone who is self catering and would have food waste, that is a hygiene problem.

I went self catering, but found the food on the site rather expensive. Much easier to go to Spar on the High Street and buy the food cheap then take it back to the site. Having said that, on the few occasions I did buy the food, it was nice.

The site isn't far from the beach but because of the fence round the site, it can take a good 10 minutes on foot to get there. It is a good 20 minutes from the town centre and the Nova centre. There is a golf course just across the road and a few activities on the site, but not much else nearby to do.

The staff were pleasant enough, but on the one occasion that I needed to ask directions to somewhere nearby, they weren't able to help.

There isn't much to do for adults during the day but plenty of activities for children. At night, there was cabaret on but I felt that they were scraping the bottom of the barrel and put on cheap acts that were not much good. The entertainment is aimed at children until about 9.00 pm and once the adult entertainment starts, it doesn't last very long. I also found that after the entertainment had finished, it was extremely noisy. The chalet walls are very thin and you could hear every noise outside. I was frequently woken by drunks singing.

I also needed to remortgage my house to pay the bar bill. Very expensive.

Travel operator: None

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.