Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Laudan, Glad you're having a good time hope the sunbed situation is the same when we go in August, What room are you in and have you got a pool view.Is the daytime and evening entertainment good.Look forward to your report on your return. :lol: Maggie
Glad to here your having a good time. Cant wait for your review. Did you make friends with any of the staff or know some of the names? just wondering as I would like to know if some of the old staff are there. Did they also do dances? Be a shame if they never did the crazy dance around the pool,always looked forward to it! :lol:

5 weeks and counting !!
Hi KiRsTyc and MaggieMae
We are back and had a greeeat time.
We did not have a pool view but did not request one because I read it can be noisy late on a night. Did not really get to know the staff names but took some photos of the entertainment team and some waiters so you can see if you recognise anyone. They did have a club dance which they did on the dance floor and in the pool but dont know if its the same as last year. Day time entertainment was good, not over the top just enough, the evening was good and bad. Promise to do a report because of the help we got reading everyone elses, just got to do the washing, ironing, pick the pets....................................
hi to maggiemae and kirstyc. 2 of my sons went to club alize yesterday and have just rang me. the entertainment team are all different and the son who went with us last year says they are rubbish compared to leo, kompi and the rest. they ate on the complex last night before going out and he didnt recognise any of the night staff but says he has seen mustafa just coming to work as he was leaving the pool and the manager seems the same. pity about the entertainment team but sure you will have a great holiday. they also got the room they requested when they booked. it was the room we had last year, pool view etc.
cart583, thanks for that post, the entertainment team from last year would be a hard act to follow,maybe it will be a bit livelier by the time we get there in August.Did you use Cousins restaurant just up the road last year, as I believe it's not there anymore that's such a shame. I'm sure your sons will have a great time anyway.
we used cousins 2 which was not far away and was great. dont know if this is the same one you mention but hope not as they were going to go and have a meal there. sure they will find somewhere else if its gone.
Heya
We went to cousins 2 also, and it is not there anymore but they have moved to a new restaurant called Honey which is near the old restaurant. My mams friend has just come back and is good friends with the people in there and she said that they are moving back to their old place..so whether they do or not we'll have to see.

Laudan aww that would be great to see some pictures, thank you!

It is a shame about entertainment team,they were so great last year and hopefully some of the same staff.
Just realised a couple of days ago that there are new reviews on the hotel page, but for some reason they are below the one from Rob from Wales, maybe it's because his date is 6 o6 if you get what I mean. Only 9 more weeks to go, getting excited now it's single figures. :lol:
we are currently here on holiday,some people send their kıds down before 7 to reserve the best sunbeds!!!! the apartments are nıce basıc but are kept clean theres some sort of entertaıntment every nıght Turkish nıght ıs good the staff work hard all ın all not bad place just a wee bıt far to walk at nıght to the nıghtlıfe at the beach if you have kids
DeeDee56, do you walk out the back door from the hotel as we always found that way a lot quicker to the beach.About ten minute walk. Do they still have happy hour at the Alize at night. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
Heya.
Hope you enjoy rest of your holiday deedee56. Just wondering have you made friends with any of the staff, as i would like to know if their are any of the same from last year as they were fab! Do they still do the crazy dance, hep berabera (sp)?.

:fly four weeks :fly
We stayed at the Club Alize on 1st May and I have to say it was the second best holiday of my life (after my honeymoon). It beat Cuba, which was utterly fab, dom rep, cyprus, spain hands down. We got back on the monday night and went to book again for september on the tuesday. (Still not booked tho cos it's gunna be £1460 which i think is a tad steep for 2 adults and a 3yr old 3* self catering out of season in turkey - I will pay that though if it dunt go down, soooo worth it).

Anyway... it's fab!! The first choice rep, michelle is brilliant. She's lived in marmaris for 7yrs so knows her stuff. The hotel is all lovely and new and clean. The entertainment staff are different from last year but are really funny. It does have a happy hour but it was way too early and the only downfall of the hotel was that a vodka and orange was more like an orange! And the spirits are quite expensive. Food is reasonable though. We bought vodka and bacardi at duty free in turkey £9 each (english money) for a litre and drank that on the balcony before we went out. We usually ate at Picadilly bar just round the corner from the hotel. They have swings and slides in the backgarden for the little ones and they always made a fuss of our little boy, usually letting him eat for free.

I can not express how much we enjoyed this holiday. 3 star does not give it justice. The kids pool is lovely. Quite big with slides and a waterfall mushroom but really safe. We could chill by the pool and know that he was totally fine. People did put their towels out early but we just gave them funny looks!

I would def recommend taking some english money as a lot of turks prefer this.

They were strict on the ages of kids club, they wouldn't let my little boy in or a little girl who was 3 in 2wks even though her older sister was in there. They did some cool stuff though, chocolate parties!! My babe was gutted he couldn't go.

Make sure you leave room in your cases for all your purchases! My little boy is well kitted out... lacoste t-shirts and jumpers, d&g jeans, evisu jeans all for £10 each, (less if you bought more). You could get them cheaper from the market but these were really good fakes, market ones were a bit pants.

We were on the 1st floor overlooking the pool and it wasn't that noisy. My ikle boy had no trouble sleeping. I would def opt for a pool view again.

Can't wait to go back. Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to help you!

Love nikki xx :D
Hey nikki.
Glad you had a good holiday, just one question which ive been asking everyone,did you make friends with any of the staff as i was just wondering if any of the old staff are there? :D
we are of to marmaris in 4 weeks staying at club alize, can anyone give me any tips for things to do my kids love waterparks and excursions? 1st time to turkey.
Hi steveh1965, regarding things to do with kids, there are 2 waterparks in Marmaris: 1 on the beach front (other end from the bazaar) and one in the hills which i've heard is really good. Most bars have entertainment and the Turks love children. Suggest you read through the boards and you will find lots of useful information and tips.
Happy holidays :lol:
Doodles :lol:
We have just got back from Marmaris this week and what a good time we have had! The apartments made the holiday totally brilliant!! Infact, we didnt really want to leave the pool side.
This year is a bit worse than most for harrasment to spend in shops, restaurants etc.....because of bird flu and the world cup, tourism is minimal, so they harrass for trade.

Club Alize, however, made the holiday excellent! People were lovely, everything you needed was on site (apart from a cash machine). We bought tickets for the barbacue on wednesday night and got discount in shops! The BBQ was gorgeous.... entertainment was excellent!!

Later in the week we ventured out to nearby BEACH CLUB and it was cool.

The service is unbeatable at Club Alize, the best in Marmaris from what we saw, best hotel there! Really friendly, the manager is really nice and has time for you if you need to speak to him... we have pics of the staff / reps / hotel if you wish to see, just let us know.

But they make you feel like you have spent thousands for the service you get! A++++++++++++++++++

Anyone going to Club Alize in the next few weeks have a brill time (we know you will)!!! :D [/b]
We were at the club Alize this year it was our first time in Turkey. Everyone was trying to sell tickets for the waterpark on the hill but we just went to the one on the beach front. Our kids were 8 and 11 and they loved the waterpark, they could go on everything. We did a boat trip to mud baths, turtle beach and they loved that too. We would have liked to do more trips because they are so cheap (£35.00 for 5 off us breakfast and lunch included) but we were only there 1 week. They were happy just to stop in the hotel my youngest went to the kids club and there is a park you can use when the kids club it not on. They pool area is loverly and the slde is only on certain times of the day so that gives them something to look forward too. Theres pool, table tennis, air hockey, internet etc. As its your first time make sure you have a Turkish bath (kids can go) and a shave. Youll have a great time we loved Turkey.
Aw Im Glad To Hear That Club Alize Is Still Fab ! Loved It Last Year and By The Sounds Of It I`ll Have A Better Year This Year. Lovely To Read All Your Reviews!
Baz It Would Be Lovely If We Could See Some Of Your Pictures Of The Staff Ive Been Dieing To Know If Some Of The Old Staff Are Still There!

3 Weeks ! :fly
I have been to Turkey for 4 yrs now and always stayed at the Club Julian.

This year we are going to the alize this yr and looking forward to it.

I was wondering if someone could tell me roughly the location of the club alize....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.