Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Emma,

You really won't have a problem by just getting a cab at the airport,thats what we do,the taxis are the large mercedes cars and small minibuses,and it will cost you about £25cypriot pounds.
Thanks everyone, I'll get some quotes, I know I could get a taxi from the airport, but we are travelling with the inlaws and MIL is such a fusser, for peace of mind I would prefer to book someone...

Thanks
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help. A friend of mine is going to protaros in a couple of weeks, staying at Alva hotel apartments, booked through airtours. In the airtours brochure it says the transfer is approx. 1 hour, in the thomsons brochure it says 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours. They're hoping airtours are right. Also does anyone have up to date information on these apartments. Thankyou.
I drove from Deryneia, just North of Protaras, to Larnaca airport on Monday morning - about 45minutes ;)
Sorry - don't know about the apts...

Ady
Thanks pubdog.
I think they will be on a bus for the transfer, as part of there package from airtours.
You will be right - they will be on the bus, which will probably take a bit longer...and then they have the drop-offs - but I still can't see it being close to two hours. If it were, I would get a cab or hire a car for one day from the airport and drop off in Protaras - its a very straightforward run.

Ady
The difference between the time given by holiday companies is just the numbers of drop offs they anticipate. Some companies use more accommodation in the resort than others, and so have to leave more time for guests to be taken into reception etc. We went to Protaras last August and the run took us 75 minutes.
Thanks for everyones help, I'll pass the information on.
Hi gill_mag. hope this reply is not too late. We've been to the Alva appartments for the last 2 year and will be returning there in Sept. As far as I can remember the transfer takes just over one hour, the Alva tends to be one of the last drop-off points, I think this is due to the partial one-way system. The appartment are clean and the staff are very friendly I don't think your friends will be dissapointed. The location is also very good, shops and restraunts on the doorstep so to speak and Fig Tree Bay is just a 5 minute stroll away. Hope this helps.
Thanks MickL for the information.
Can anyone help.

My wife is taking my 20 month old boy to Cyprus for a hol with his Grandparents.

She is going flight only.

Can anyone suggest how to get from Larnaca airport to Protaras.

How much will a cab be?

Will the cabs have baby seats?

Any other alternatives??

Thanks
I can recommend

http://www.grabthatcab.com

Our daughter used them last month and came back with nothing but praise for them. Cost? CY£25 each way.

Ady
I second grabthatcab top class.
I say grab that cab as well.

I used them last month and they were great.
thanks everyone - ive mailed them to ask if they can provide a baby seat.
Hi,
We have never been to Protarus before, but will be going on Sunday. We have opted for the included transfer, as the taxi which the TO organise was £120 sterling return. In the brochure it says, transfer upto 1 and a half hours. We will be staying at the Constantinos the great. Does anyone who has taken the transfer, know how long the bus does take and how long would the taxi take? I have just read the link for Grab that Cab, so I know what price to expect.
Thanks
Larnaca Protaras by taxi is Maximum 40 min drive. don't know about the bus... maybe 1.5-2 hours because of all stops..
Thanks for that, sounds well worth the taxi ride.
I always use grabthatcab to be honest.

Of course it depends how many of you are going as to how cheap it works out compared to the coach.

If there are four of you the return journey by taxi costs you £4 each less and saves you about an hours travelling each way.

I go on my own but would only go by taxi rather than that stuffy coach with annoying rep.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.