Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
In the past we have always had a taxi costing about £30 each way but this year we have opted to hire a car which has cot £134 for the week which I reacon in good value. It is easy to drive to Protaras so I would give it a thought.
Hi There,

Ive been from larnaca to protaras 7 times 7 years ago you would go through small villages but a new road shortens the journey.The coach only takes 45-50 minutes to get to protaras but depending on drop offs it might be longer to get to your hotel.
Just used Grab that Cab both ways and came home last night.

Took apprx 40 minutes to our hotel near yours and cost £28cyp. Excellent service as well.

Cheers,
Jinty
Thanks for everyones replies, I've contacted Grab That Cab, and they will pick us up, it will cost £28 (CY)
:pele
I would never book a taxi through the TO,we did this a couple of years ago and it cost us over £100 Larnaca - Protaras,just get a cab from outside the hotel for £25 one way,I remember when you had to go through all the little villages to get to Protaras but now the dual carriageway is there its a doddle.
I would never get a coach one it takes forever,you have to wait for everyone who obviously aren't in any rush to get to the hotel and thirdly my hubby isn't the most tactful,patient person and just sits there huffing and puffing very load so everyone can hear.
Unless you're extremely unlucky with punters getting on the bus late then you should be no more than an hour.The way the transfers are arranged the drop offs are usually all in the same area.When we were at CTG in July with Thomas Cook it was Ketsios Apts,Sandra Apts,Trizas then CTG.All off and away in minutes.If the transfer is included then why bother paying more for a taxi whenit probably only gets you there maybe half an hour earlier than the bus.Just chill out and enjoy the journey and put the taxi money towards a good night out.
Anyone know how much a taxi will be and how long it wold take?
http://www.grabthatcab.com which come highly recommended quote £67CYP for Paphos Airport to Ayia Napa which is approx £82 GBP
Should take you just under 2 hours.

But i would imagine that it would cost much more than that.
No it wont because they're the prices quoted on this much used Grab the Cab website :? :roll:

many users of this forum have used them in the past and the prices quoted/you see are the prices you pay :D
Travel from Larnaca Airport to Protaras should be under one hour.

Cost is one way £25.

Look as you leave the airport there is a board with the prices.

Edit to remove unauthorised signature - Kath HT Admin
does anyone know the cost from pernera (tsokkos gardens hotel ) to larnaca airport please? it will be for a sunday evening - if that makes any difference. :D
will grab the cab collect from protaras to go back to larnaca airport if you havent used them to get to resort initially?
If you book it through grabthatcab.com it will be cy£28. If you get a normal taxi it will be a few quid more.
oops just spotted the topic about airport transfers :oops:
Emso.......visit the website as listed above. I've never actually only done it that way round but I would of thought no problem at all. Price will be the same.

If you email them they'll come back to pretty quickly with a firm quote.
How long is the journey from Larnaca to Protarus??
Used Acropolis taxis this year and were spot on. Had problems with lost luggage when we arrived so by the time we got out of the airport we were more than 1hr 30mins late for the taxi... Didn't expect him to still be there but to my amazement he was still there holding the board up... 8)

Was 15mins early for the return journey as well... 8)

Brilliant service!
claire1403, it's about 45 mins if you go directly.

Kezza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.