Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi guys, just got back from hol village early hours this morning so still groggy, it was a good resort, entertainment needs pushed though, and we also found there wasnt enough competitions to do through the day, post me if you need to ask any questions :cheers
Hi durhams - we travelled in August and booked deluxe but when we arraived were over looking the car park over reception on the Aegean village, we had put a request into First Choice for the fishing village as it was a special occasion but this hadnt even been passed to the hotel !!! We did move and pay ten euros a day but only to poolside Aegean village. There were people there who had received letters from First Choice saying as they had booked with them a number of times before had they any special requests, they had requested Fishing village but had not been given it. We had booked in June 07 and were not in the Fishing village, but a family who had booked last minute and payed less than anyone had been located in the fishing village !!! There was certainly no system on allocating rooms -- luck of the draw !! :que
Thanks for that Pete1966, how was your accomodation in the Aegean villiage, I'd be interested to
know what you thought of the Aegean area and if you thought your accomodation was upto scratch etc. :think
Hi - returned from hot and sunny Cyprus yesteray evening after a week self catering staying in Kids Den. Had great time and the resort still looks fantastic. Room was great - big bedroom for children and great location looking over the fishing village pool. Pools are great and both our children are prone to ear infections but we had no problems at all. For the first 3 days the airconditioning was not working in the room, we thought an isolated problem but 2 other rooms next to us the same. Reception denied there was an issue and it was only after the reps were involved that it was resolved (persistent compaining worked as it was very hot at night). Quite limited facilites for self catering - could have done with simple draining board as all washing up drained over floor/kettle and toaster and very limited worktop space. Kids club great, evening entertainment not so good - childrens disco was more 30mins of 2 competitions and 15mins of dancing. Found great restaurant in town called the Moorings - next to Captains view - has soft play area for children and great selection of food. Will post review on main section here. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks to you all for your advice b4 we went. ;)
Apartment in Aegean village was great, and to be quite honest I think we enjoyed being away from the holiday camp atmosphere up in the holiday village, I think two weeks would have been too much, but you do feel like you are in a completly separate complex. I think maybe First Choice should look at the pricing for next year and adjust the prices to reflect this, the facilities for all inclusive are poor in the Aegean village, with the only food available being cold sandwiches behind bar which means if you want lunch you have to go up to the holiday village. Im not sure how they justify charging the same price for the older apartments with no facilities in the Aegean village as they do for the brand new apartments with everything on hand in the new holiday village !!!
Hi,

Hope somebody can help, we have booked to stay at the HV in July 2009 and have booked to stay in a Junior Suite i was wondering if anybody had stayed in one before ? and if so what they were like ? also if they were in the fishing village or not ? sorry for all the question :)

Cheers x
Thanks also for that detailed review.

Dunk, i see you are going for New Year..we are looking to book here for this New Year also but its hard to see what kind of things they are doing for New years eve..have they told you?
There is a more recent topic on the Aliathon HERE

Please feel free to post in that topic and I shall lock this one to avoid duplication.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.