Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We have an entry HERE with no reviews as yet, but it has a website.

A google search reveals a number of relevant references HERE

Peter
Yes,it's finished and it's 5* hotel.I've been there these days to see it-it's perfect!Very impressive,nice setting and everything is just as a 5-star building should be
thanks for the reply folks
how far is it from the majestic??
About 1.3-1.5 kilometres, judging by the scale of THIS MAP - the Majestic is in Sector 'F', between the Victoria Palace & Fiesta Beach, while the Barcelo Royal Beach is in Sector 'D' on the site of the old Saturn.

Baldur
any more info anyone
july 20 here i come
We have always gone to Spain/Portugal on holiday. But are looking for something a bit different.

We are looking at taking a 2 bed apartment in this complex and was just wondering how close to the centre of the strip this hotel is and are there supermarkets nearby as we will be self catering.
Hi Waterford2005,

See the map (to which I linked in a post above) for the location, which is very central - look for 'Saturn' in Sector 'D', which is now the site of the Barcelo Royal Beach complex.

The plans for the complex included a supermarket, from memory - there are mini markets all over the resort, in any case.

Baldur
This hotel is about 250yds away from the main street and is central for everything. ( about 100yd to beach promenade ). I believe the complex has a supermarket but there is another on the opposite side of the road just further up than the Hotel Junona.

8) Toonman
thank you for the replies.

Well we have booked the holiday. We have booked a 2 bed apartment.
so when you going?
Unfortunately not until July 2008
Hi there is a aldo supermarket at the mall the hotel is gorgeous as are the shops in the mall they have 5 star prices to match the 5 star hotel they are based around plenty of security and nice clean free toilets
we chose all inclusive
when we arrived we were impressed with what must be the biggest hotel in sunny beach.the front foyer was pretty nice , this hotel is in the busy central area of sunny beach. mood changing lights nice decor.
reception staff were quite helpfull even though it was 4 am.
was told our room was block E room 305 so the bellboy took our cases for us out of the front door of the hotel into the shopping mall. 200 yds along there is an un guarded enterance to block 3 into the lift area ,of which one was broken for the entire stay!!!!! and up to third floor. room was of a good size bear in mind this was one of the appartments as we booked self catering then up graded to all inc .
seperate bedroom with king size bed
cooker
tv
iron
ironing board
kettle
plates
cutelry
loads of towels
towels for sunbeds
time for a quick sleep
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
next day
BREAKFAST-this is where all the bad things started
hard to find a clean table, you had to clean it your self or wait.
lack of choice
eggs
boiled
ommlette
raw fried
scramled
toast made on the slowest toaster ever made
no beans
no kids stuff.Overall not a good choice.
Down to the pool-plenty of beds already gone,so get down about 9am to reserve one .Nobody checks them so you could leave your towels all day and nobody cares. Weather was hot hot so time for some pool service.
To the bar waited 10 mins nobody there!!!Beer was nice kamanitzi.
asked for ice cream was told it was in restaurant between 11 and 1 pm for lunch. Not impressed for kids sake !!!!
lunchtime went up to restaurant
chips
chips
chips
there was nothing for kids
ohh there was 2 flavours of ice cream
which was melted!!!!!maybe it will get better

back to the pool which were cold but once you get in are very pleasent ,had a swim then fancied a beer or 2.
pool service slow again but the ladies (bargirls were really nice)tried there hardest
dinner-was told to sit where we liked but once again no clean tables ,had to clear one off. slow for drinks. food was absolutley awful
not labeled
raw chicken
roasted rabbit
weird concoptions
chips
broccoli cold
chips
cauli cold
awful
no kids stuff and no ice cream
retreated to the pool bar after dinner. Sorry sir bar closed at 10 o clock
so back up to the lobby bar which was deserted. Heard music coming from the piano bar lets have a look. Sat down, no one else in there
ordered drinks then said we were all inc. She said sorry sir we are not all inc. This is seperate from the hotel. We had had enough so bought some beer from the 24hr supermarket and sat in the room

day 2
same as 1 but getting worse

day 3
people power managed to get the pool bar to serve us snacks at lunch time ie. piazza burgers,good choice on the snack menu

day 4
same as
the barman had 50 odd people sitting at the pool bar at 10pm and was gonna close it to go and open the lobby bar ????????????
he said he was doing what the manager told him
i said get the manager
and explained the logic of keeping the pool bar open
he agreed alas the bar was open till 1am ,and the barman never stopped

day 5
food still bad
everone was eating in the snack bar
it says a lot when the snacks are better than the restaurant!!!!!!!

day 6
still no ice cream

day 7
the rep had a long queue of people complaining about several of the mentioned things...she wasnt happy

we checked out at 12
asked if we were still all inc as we arrived at 4am sat -payed for 7 days -surely this would take us to 4am sat
no it finished at 12 fri
after heated words i was told that i could eat in the restaurant before we left at 1 am ---what an insult ...
overall i wouldnt rate this hotel as a 5 star maybe 3+ stars but the food as -1stars
it needs to sort some sort of entertainment out in maybe the lobby bar
and offer more things for kids
oh dear- that sounds so disappointing. I hope you managed to make the most of it.
ye we did
the weather helped
did you add my hotel reveiw????
Please do the first review yourself on this hotel HERE

Peter
just added this in hotel reveiws

anyone else been yet???
We had a couple of stays at the Red Lion pub, which is part of the complex and the service was good there. But we went to one of the other bars there, All Bar One I think, and the service was terrible. We were just left sitting there.

The mall was a little disappointing I though but I got a nice new briefcase from there!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.