Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Bruce Jones and his mate from Black Lace have opened a bar in Batley West Yorkshire. Chrissy was there on the opening night. It was advertised in the local papers.
One born every minute. I remember a few of these boat clubs opening up back in the 70's. What these "entrepreneurs" don't seem to realize is that these rust buckets are cheap for a reason. Chrissy Rock? More like Risky Crock.
There's a couple of new tributes about to start up in Beni. One is called Souled on Soul (SOS), featuring Karen Dee, Angie Greer and Tina Majors, and is a tribute to the sounds of Northern Soul. The other is The Petticoats, featuring Beverley Fox and Soosie Kaye Lording, and is a tribute to Brenda Lee and Dusty Springfield.

Also on Calle Gerona the ex Game Bird (Carriages) Bar is to become a "Mod" Bar and will feature Carnaby Street as its resident band 7 nights a week!

Best Regards - Taggy
:rofl :rofl In yer Dreams Eddie!!....Put it this way...it predates Speedo's!! ;) ....Gonna be based around one half of the old Mods & Rockers Era....The Who, Quadrophenia, Scooters, etc etc....Carnaby Street will be playing their usual stuff i would assume..The Jam etc etc!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS........I still miss the old Carriages Bar!
Thanks for that info Taggy, I have a sneaky feeling this could be one hell of a success and I wish the boys well. Just a bit too young for the mods and rockers era but I grew up with four older brothers so heard all the music from an early age! These two lads work damn hard on stage and if they can cope with the strain I am sure the rewards will be there. Thir mix of music covers a wide range of the top bands of the time and even if you are not really into the music you can't help but join in with the crowd, the girls absolutely love em. John
Your Welcome John.....I can think of one Young Lass in Particular who does!! Lol!

I'm a bit like you, and just a bit too young to remember it at the time, but watching the film Quadraphinia and also the recent stage musical of the same name, was certainly enjoyable. I'm not greatly into Carnaby Street if i'm being honest, its not really my style or type of Music, but as you say, they are decent musicians who put a lot into their act!

Best Regards - Taggy
Now Now Eddie...i'll set the Accrington Ultra's on you...they are warming up nicely for next week!! Lol!

I did actually have a Fishtail Parkha when i was at School...Dodgey Clobber really!! Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
If you are looking for a friendly sports bar showing, Football, Horse racing, with betting available, reasonable drink and food prices and a good choice on the menu.

The Stretford End pub is for you, well recomended.

Darren
The Mod bar is going to be called "Thick as Thieves" and the Grand Opening is planned for 19th Sept, but may be open a bit sooner!

Best Regards - Taggy
I hope Thick as Thieves does well and is still open next Jun ewhen I go away with the lads.
I can see us being in there everynight.
For all Fans of DebnHer you will be happy to know that as well as continuing with their brilliant Duo shows, they are about to Start up in a New Rock Band in Beni!....It will be called "Rock-It Demons"! ....It will feature Emma on Lead Vocals, Debbie on Lead Vocals & Keyboard, Miguel a Guitarist from Daytona & Heartbreak Bars on Guitar & Backing Vocals, and Simon Berry a DJ at Morgans Tavern on Drums & Backing Vocals!

I think this will be a great addition to Beni's Music scene, the girls are hoping to have this up and running within a couple of weeks, so thats something new to look forward to!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi never been to beni before we are a family age ranges from 12-45 years
thinking of booking the servigroup pueblo are there family friendly bars,resturants near this hotel
If not pueblo then poss hotel marina the same question really is there family friendly bars near this hotel
Also we have two 20-somethings with us is there nightlife around if they want to venture out
Many thanks
Also is the levante area more lively than the rincon de loix
Thanks for any help/advice
staying at mar blau,by dove park,calle san pedro.can anyone reccomend decent bars or clubs nearby. or any acts we should try to see while there,old town or levante.travelling 11th sept.

regards percy123.
Have just noticed the return of a few Beni Favourites..if only for a short time. Shaun Foster Conley is currently on at THe Broadway & Jokers. Jimmy Bright is on at the UK Bar. Also there are the Grumbleweeds from 8th - 12th September. Asa Elliot is back at Sandras from 13th Sept. Tony Scott now back at Stardust!

Best Regards - Taggy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.