Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Jay Trip

So pleased you enjoyed your holiday. I was through in Icmeler last week and thought the place was looking good. The beach was still busy too. Great stuff !

Wilson ;)
Glad you enjoyed yourself Jay Trip, only memories now until the next time . :(

Bluepeterno1
Jay Trip,

Were there any particular restaurants that you'd recommend. I've just booked a weeks self catering in Icmeler for next June for me and my girlfriend, and having never been to Turkey before (apart from one week with the lads in Gumbet a long time ago) any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Hi Steve,There are many lovely restaurants and this time we ate in the Keram,a lovely small Turkish restaurant on the canal,Venice and Majestic also on the canal.Cupids and Mandalin near each other just down from the main square.Champions,which is run by a local family and they also sell Efes at 2TL.We had Sunday lunch for the first time ever in Turkey at the 3 Bells,worth it just for the giant Yorkshire puddings!We also ate at Coco beach on the sea front which was lovely.Most lunch times we ate in Cafe Ann,also on the sea front and next door to Coco Beach.All the meals we had were lovely and reasonably priced.On our last night my husband had 15 king prawns as part of a 4 course meal at Coco beach and it was only 25TL(£10.50)My chicken dish was 18TL(£7.50)for a 4 course meal.
If you look on the photo gallery on Icmeler on line there are photos of the restaurants and some of the dishes.
You have chosen the right resort for a 1st visit as its really lovely.Many people return time and time again.
I hope to return in May so may be able to add some more restaurants to my list before you go,Jay.
I was there to Jay, I saw the Venice pulling in the crowds with Efes at 1TL :really
Collette,I read on ICR that Vinces was where folk were meeting after the boat trip.We searched for 2 weeks and couldnt find Vinces. :rofl
Its across the road from the Elvis Bar, and very close to Wonderboys, Champagne Restaurant, and just the other side of Valentinos (Old Barons).
Jay,

Thanks very much for the reply. I've just been having a look on Icmeler online as suggested and can't believe the amount of info on there. Its nearly as good as Holiday-truths! ;)
Hi Jay :wave:

Only just seen this, so glad you had a great holiday, sounds like it worked out well for you.

Doe :tup
Jay sorry you missed the meet up, maybe next year :)
I'm just back from Icmeler, and like JayTrip, I would highly recolmmend the Kerem on the canal for fantastic, authentic Turkish food. The owner, Leila, and her family are so friendly and welcoming and the place itself is also very interesting. If you go, leave enough room for the cheesecake - it's to die for!
Oh, and yes, I would also recommend Sunday roasts at the 3 Bells. We'd heard good things about them and decided to try this time and we certainly weren't disappointed - excellent value for money too.,
In fact, we didn't have a bad meal during our week - ate in various places including Venice, Love Boat, Titanic and Lemon Tree, where we celebrated my husband's 50th birthday! Can't wait to go back to Icmeler again!
I must have walked past the Kerem hundreds of times on previous visits as it looks just like a house.It was recommended on here by someone and we loved it.It really is something special with the lovely owners making you feel welcome.We shared the cheesecake as the portion was huge.
I dont know how many restaurants there are in Icmeler but everyone we tried was excellent.The prices were reasonable too.
I cant wait to return and will try those places we never got round to this time!
Hi Jaytrip glad you had a fantastic holiday xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.