Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
At least you had a great time, I had a similar problem with a holiday company (F/choice) in May this year, I booked a hotel with B&B unfortunately that hotel was not open at that time, So the Tour operator gave us a free upgrade on an All inclusive basis, Now that's what I call good Customer care, I always book with a registered ABTA or ATOL member, Where at least I know I have a fair chance of not being stranded as opposed to non ABTA or ATOL members.
swimsuit,

Would appear that things didn't get off to the best of starts but from what you say you were all determined it wouldn't spoil your holiday .. great stuff .. no point in dwelling on the negative and in 9 weeks and 5 days you will be having a great time once again (lucky devil ..)

Wilson :wink:
Hi Swimsuit,

We are or where as sorry as you where to here of the changed arrangements to your travel arrangements and we always endeavour to make our guests as happy as possible.

I definitely never heard from my staff in Icmeler about the accident with your son which as you say could have been something serious.

I suggest that you give me a call and we will as a gesture of good will make your next trip a lot cheaper than the last.

Once again I apologise for your change of accommodation.

John
Hi John

The accident was reported to the scottish lady on reception , she said she would let Rami know and also management at the apartments as the young girl on reception had limited English.
Mr Silver called by and inspected the offending window next day - I would certainly hope that either you or Rami were told of the incident.

Obiviously the accomodation problem was disapointing to us having booked a year in advance but these things happen and we know that ICR tried their best to get us the 2 bed apart we would have liked.

Thank you for the offer of a cheaper trip next time but being the well organised bunny that I am , I have now arranged accomadation for our next two trips however if there are any problems with these reservations I may need to take you up on the offer
:wink:
Stayed at the captain silver , booked through ICR - Very nice apartments but a little too'middle class' for us

Not sure what you mean here ? are you lower class and felt you was put out by middle class or are you high class looking down on the lower class ?

Also you say you have booked already for you're next trip, is it still in Icmeler or is it another resort in Turkey ?
I am looking neither up or down - I will try to describe.

Lovely apartments but a bit like visiting your aunties house , very elegant reception furniture that your almost afraid to sit on it.
Very pretty grounds , that the sound of kids around the pool could be perceived as out of place.

Memhet the barman , very nice but not what we are used to , everywhere we have been before the pool staff would be pushing you in etc and have a bit of camamedrie - Here my son asked if it was ok if he jumped in the pool?

Get the drift?

I am going back to Icmeler , after taking a year out to go to olu deniz doubt we would visit another resort
I see, ok taa very much for the reply.
Just happened to see a very slight 'dig' at Icmeler Online. I just wanted to say - two sides to every story. We have booked with them the last four visits to Icmeler (all fantastic).
This year, within two days of our holiday, my mam became terribly ill, had emergency surgery and was taken to intensive care. While spending most of our tme at the hospital I managed to contact Icmeler Online to cancel. They were fantastic, telling us just to concentrate on my mam, they'd sort out the rest. And they did. No problem. (Our daughter and her partner still had the holiday so there was a bit of sorting out pick ups etc.)
Since then, the insurance company have been less than helpful, and I.O. have been SO helpful and supportive.
It's still not finally sorted, and unfortunately there are no longer Dalaman flights for our dates later in the year, so we can't have our Icmeler fix, but we will certainly use Icmeler Online next year when we go.
Hi Bebedeniz

I have had a look back on this topic and have not been able to see the very slight dig at ICR which you refer to and as you say two sides to every story - can't see more than two sides to this one on show above either.
It is a true reflection that ICR were unable to provide me with the accomadation I booked a year in advance , and it is also true that I did not feel that they notified me of this in the correct manner when you consider we were made aware of the problem three days before travel - I have stated my thoughts and ICR have quite rightly responded with theirs and offered to make amends with a 'cheaper' accomadation next time - still only two sides and no dig which I can see.

I am pleased that you have been impressed with the service which ICR have provided you with and I have seen many positive testimonals to them on HT , I have previously used them to make my mothers hotel booking and recommended them to friends and I too was very happy with the manner in which they were dealt with.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.