Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
very good report being your first visit to icmeler, iam staying at clubtomak aswell in 5.1/2 weeks
i stayed their before and glad that the standards are still high their :tup
did you see robot show while you where their i seen it last year and found it amazing to watch.
you are right about litter and no bins, i find it alot cleaner than england
so a :tup to icmeler as a resort
Great review bibbs glad you enjoyed Icmeler we loved it ,but are trying Dalyan this time.
Sioux ;)
bibbs

Really good report and it sounded as if you had a great time overall. A couple of years ago I went to Tokmak to see a pal who was staying there. I was really impressed with the place. The wife and I always go to Marmaris but go through to Icmeler for a meal. Been to the Love Boat a couple of times and found it great. Good to hear the standard is being kept this year. Thanks for taking the time to do your post.

Wilson ;)
Hi all, thanks for your replies.
Jcarey, no we didn't see the robot show, shame cos my partner and the girls would have enjoyed that.
Photos can be viewed from the holiday in the upload section. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks
Bibbs
Hi bibbs

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

you mentioned two of my favourit places. Majestic have spent many a night in there, after the music finished Jan would give us the remot control for the TV (hubby's an TV addict) and we would watch movies until the small hours, and the Lemon Tree had a few good meals in there.

Lynn
Hi bibbs ,great post glad you enjoyed your holiday , tell me did you bring back any ,ahem, turkish delight this time :rofl

:wave: Bluepeterno1
hi bluepeterno1,
:yikes no no no,avoided it this year :rofl .
Briar will be glad of that bibbs. :D

Bluepeterno1
Can i ask the original poster if Sarah is an english girl from (Tamworth )i think,,, ??
we were there a couple of years ago and i remember a chap and his wife with same name that ran another apartment block, very well, too,
cheer
sorry for off topic bit if its the same people then you are assured of a good standard of accomodation
Bibbs, can i ask if Sarah was an english girl from the midlands?? when we werer in icmeler a couple of years ago, there was a couple who had part ownership ( i think ) in some apartments, same names,,,,
dont mean to sound off topic but if its the same ones then i can say that quality would be assured as was the apartments we stopped in,
hi hilda,
yes your right,sarah is english and i can say that the tokmak is a very nice place to stay,its very clean,bright and friendly,we had a great time there and will be booking for next year soon.
some have said that its a bit far back and away from the night life but i feel that you have the best of both worlds,its nice and quite and relaxing during the day then a ten minute stroll has you in the centre of bar land,and that will do me just fine. :tup
well i rmember them form kleopatra apartments,,,,,,,,,, if its the same girl, she gave my hub a pack o ciggys lat at night cos hed ran out,,, she came from the midlands,,,, really nice,,,,,,,,,,im glad you enjoyed it,,,, it was our first turkey hol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
well if its one in the same person she may well add a post on here as she is a member,and if it is the same sarah i would like to know why i didn't get free ciggys lol.
Great report, can't wait to get there.

I know what you mean about the rubbish, we said the same thing when we went there, infact someone had thrown a piece of rubbish on one of the back streets once and we were in 2 minds weather to take a photo of it as we hadn't seen any rubbish before.

Ola
good sit rep bibbsy glad you had a nice hol, and if you do go back you WILL find that they will remember you and that is the nice part about going back.We have been going to Icmeler for 9 years now sometimes twice a year and yes the shows dont often change but it doesnt matter,its still good to see.
Next time you go visit the Havana bar and se my old buddie Zaza ,we shared many a brandy and coke in the champagne bar when he first started out,its the only place in the world where you can see Tony Blair,Osama Bin Laden George Bush and Saddam Insane in the same place and have yr photo taken with them lol
hey bibbsl he got her a replacement pack the next day,,,,,,,, well if she pops in here, then helooooooo
hi andreasmick,
just booked for next may so we shall give that place a go,thanks. :D
Re rubbish,there are not many litter bins anywhere in turkey now because of the terrorist threat. But we quite often walk along the shore walkway between the marmaris palace hotel and icmeler and dotted along the path you will see things like small carrier bags with bits and pieces of rubbish in them ,never on the ground ,every now and again a small electric cart would appear and the driver would collect the bags ,like eveything else in turkey no rush and so laid back .

Bluepeterno1
:offtop Hilda Sarah posts on here as tokmak
Sioux ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.