Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez
87 Posts
we stayed in bitez last year opposite the small world hotel. bitez was fantastic everything you want from a laid back holiday resort. the resturaunts were of a very high quality food and staff were some of the best we have experienced in turkey.
we did on more than a few occassions stay out til past 3 am drinking and chatting with old and new friends.
as from previous posts gumbet is close, bodrum only 20 mins so everything is within reach.
feeling rather envious at the mo as everyones off to the freindliest country in the world and we`ve had to cancel our holiday until next year.
:(
i think bitez is a great choice we will deffinatly be going back in the near future.
Hi donjet1, The Temple Bar is at the Manuela Hotel, and is the livliest bar in Bitez. The best nights there are the Turkish nights, when they have belly dancers etc.
donjet 1, you can sit and drink at all the restaurants after a meal.
your table is yours for the night.
l
We were after just what you were looking for, the first time we went to Bitez, and it more than delivered a holiday that was laid back and quiet but not dead in the evenings. We sat in the Manuela bar at 3am on more than one occasion with the music turned down chatting with the staff. We had teenage kids at the time who safely went off into Gumbet and did their own thing to. Its ideal, heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish I could be there now,
Mel.
Hubby and I are going in 8 weeks, and can't wait - it sounds like our kind of place from all your comments. :hyper :pele
Donjet, I can assure you, you will love Bitez :D

We've been going for years... and love it that much we've bought an apartment by the harbour!

Don't worry about the bars, theres always something to do there.

This year they have opened a new bar - 'Sah Bar' - Its a great bar, extensive cocktail menu and even a dancefloor to shake your booty...

My daughter whos in her mid 20's loves Bitez - she's already been 3 times this year. There's something for everybody. If Bitez is too quiet for you, you're only a short hop away in a Taxi to Gumbet for an 'energetic' night.

We're counting down the sleeps till our next holiday there in October! :P
We are going to Bitez for the third time (in 3 years)in 2 weeks would highly recomend it and the Makumba even though we are not staying there this year.We are trying the Kassandra this year,even closer to the beach (the end we like) and the Temple Bar and Manuela where we spend all day .Went to Portugal for the first time in June,booked to go to Bitez the day we got back which says it all.
While I'm on can anyone tell me what the exchange rate is to convert money in Bitez or Bodrum at the present time,how much is the EFES.
Tell Charlie and Sammy to get the beers in (Golden Spoon)
Hope my little positive report on Bitez helped.
Skids
Anyone got any answers to my questions ?
Ohhhhhhhhhhh no ! you've got me at it with all your Bitez talk. I have been looking at trying Olu Deniz in Sept but when I think about Bitez i'm just drawn back every time. Its just so hard to beet for everything.
Where abouts is the new bar you mentioned please, ( I can see myself in there now, raki in my hand!Ha Ha)
Mel (OCD about Bitez.)
Skids, sorry not been back yet this year so can't help with your questions.
Just didn't want you to feel neglected! :D
hi all new to turkey going to bitez staying at kassandra on 24 8 07 :lol:
Thanks all
dawn1511 might see you around the pool ,me and the clan will be there from 23/8.
counting the days (unlike Portugal) LOL
Hi, Dawn and Skids - I think that annemac will be at Kassandra at the same time as you. We (that is 'Sir' and I) will be there from 3 September.

Hope you enjoy Turkey in general and Bitez in particular.

:wave
How could anyone NOT like Bitez :?:
Skidz - Large Efes beer is 3.5 or 4 lira, unless you go Mid July and it goes to 5 Lira :glynis

Charlie is not at the Golden Spoon anymore, hes working in Gumbet, we passed him and spoke to him. The lamb chops are still to die for there!

It's always a quandry deciding where to eat in Bitez, they're all scrumptious.

The New Season had a cheek this year... 8 Lira for a large coke/fanta!

There's a new restaurant that we didn't try called Lavas, its the old Euro, we were told the food is nice and reasonable.

Mel - Sah Bar is near the Mosque, its been refurbished. It used to be a fish restuarant.

For those that remember 'Number 48' on the seafront (which is now a travel agency) Ahmet is now Manager of the new Bambu Bar (used to be Jimmy's) and his old partner Mustafa, whos our very good friend, worked in Gumbet earlier in the season but is now back at 'Number 48' on the back road near Pagoda (the old Red Dragon!) By 'eck... the way these names change!!!

Our old PC died, so we had to buy a new one... just had chance to catch up on all the posts...

Sorry we didnt get to meet you in May Scotty36 - we were mad busy sorting the apartment and furniture out. We did come to look for you (me and my daughter) but Koc had left. I was shocked to find your report. It seems as though it was a different hotel than what we stayed in. In May, it was spotless. I've got pictures of the towels/sheets if anyone wants to see! You get what you pay for, its a very basic hotel. We paid £30 each, B&B for 7 days. Our friends who generally stay in the Manuela (with us) every year, decided to stay at the Kassandra in July, they paid £50 each B&B with A/C and they were more than happy with their room 301. We saw their room and it was very clean. The staff we didnt speak to, but the Manager (bald guy with a goaty) was VERY surly. He told us off the first morning when we arrived 5 mins late for breakfast! The people who are yet to stay there... things could turn out ok. But if I had seen a cockroach you wouldnt have seen me for dust!!!

Cant wait to go back in October... when I see Bodrum Castle my heart skips a beat and I realise im home. In July there was a HUGE yacht in the harbour... it was only Roman Abramovich's - the multi millionaire owner of Chelsea FC. If its good enough for him... its good enough for all of us :lol:
Hi, Kadi - sounds like I will need a map to find all the 'new' restaurants.
I know what you mean about seeing the castle - just the view from the main road makes me smile! Just like when I see the pub off the motorway on my way home (but not from Turkey!).

:D
id go to icemeler,got bars with music and its a very nice place,beach is not far either and very cheap.id recommend it..we stayed in the mitos apartments it was very nice with all the bars near you...hopefully going bak next year!
Hi Dawn and skids ,prawn is right we are going to the kassandra on mon 2oth for two weeks ,been to turkey a lot, kalkan ,turunc,icmeler and gumbet but never been to bitez so can't wait .I know the reviews for the hotel have been a bit mixed but we have to look at the good reports and hope for the best ,hope to be on the beach all day anyway .Maybe see you there.
Dawn and Ann - hope you both have a great time. We will miss you, Ann, I think as we go the day you leave but we should see you Dawn if you are staying 2 weeks.

Only 18 sleeps to go, have finally told 'Sir' about the reports and the fact that I made a mistake with the flight times! :roll: He was very philosophical about the whole thing. I am beginning to worry as he is not usually so laid back about things - must be on 'Turkey time' already! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.