Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bitez
87 Posts
How about Olu Deniz.......... you have a good selection of bars and restaurants , beach on your doorstep, and for something a bit more livelier Hisaronu which can be as loud or quiet as you want which is only a 5 minute dolmus ride away .
thanks, did have a look at that resort but think transfer time quite a bit?? Really dont want much more than an hour.

Would you say Bitez would be too quiet then?

Is it expensive (Bitez) in comparison to other resorts, so many different views on the resort am just trying to gather as much info as possible.

Must admit although I dont want clubs or discos we do like to sit 2 the 'small hours' if we want in a bar having a drink. would this be an option in Bitez?

thanks
hi donjet 1,
have you taken a look at icmeler,its where im off to for my hols next year,looks great, :wink
again, think icemalar is over 2hrs transfer and we really do want to stick to bout hr max transfer - thanks

i will wait and see what kind of feed back that i get on Bitez and if not going to be suitable, back to the drawing board.

been 5 times to tingaki in kos and that resort is ideal but just want a change. so if anyone been to tingaki and can give me a comparison in turkey that would be fab.

What about Dalyan. It's only 1/2 from Dalaman airport and it's smallish. You have to get a taxi boat to the beach which takes about 1/2 hour, and it's a nice way to travel.
Hi.. Personally I love Bitez, but it may be a little on the quiet side for you two. The night life is mostly restaurants. Gumbet could be ideal for you. Especially in October. One hotel I would recommend in Gumbet is the Ayaz Beach. Great facillities, and directly on the beach.

Hope this helps.
I can agree with the above. Gumbet can be as quiet or lively as you want. Yes, there are banging bars around, especially on Bar Street, but there are plenty of others where you can have civilised conversation and a nice time (I can especially recommend Cheers/Mascot bar restaurant on Adnan Menderes Cadesi). We go to Gumbet twice a year and never go onto Bar Street or into bars with loud music, etc but we have a great time - the restaurants are great.
I know that you can drink all night at the bar fronting the Okaliptus hotel in Bitez, on the beach front.
Background music only but waiters are friendly enough to chat with.
if something livelier is required a taxi only costs about £6-£7 each way into Bodrum/Gumbet.
Bitez would be my choice but Olu deniz DOES seem to cater to a younger market and the transfers aren't that bad.It also has the advantages of being able to get to several other resorts easily (but so does Bitez)
Whichever you choose you won't be dissapointed :lol:
go and enjoy!
thanks for all your help. I am still going towards Bitez as u say have the option of Gumbet if a found Bitez too quiet. I will however have a look more at Olu Deniz but thought it was over 2hrs for transfer and that defo has put me off.

Is that the only bar in Bitez that you mentioned?

We both just fancied a laid back holiday in a nice not too big resort, having a laugh and a drink at night.
not the only bar by any means. all the restaurants continue as bars after people have finished eating, but not many stay open past 1.00 o'clock.
Bitez is quiet not desolate!!! :shock:

maybe would be bit quiet if most bars close bout 1 oclock, shame because I really did fancy going there.

Someone at work has suggested that I try Turgerits (excuse the spelling), so I will have a look at that.

thanks again
Not sure, Del, it may seem desolate without you this year! :kiss
Thats the nicest thing anyone has said about me ................... ever! :lol:
See, Bitez brings out the best in all of us (even 'Sir')! :D
You two should get together. :P

LOL Marn.

Donjet1.

From what I've seen of Turgetries, some of the hotels are far out. So check your hotel out if you decide to go there.

As for Bitez, the Manuela Hotel does have some entertainment at night. But it doesn't go on untill late. Maybe 12.30 ish.
Sorry, Marn, but Bitez couldn't cope with Del and I 'together' neither could our 'other halves'. . . he is a laugh, though. :D
Think that we are going to still go and try Bitez and if proves to be too quiet at night we will get a taxi to Gumbet. The resort sounds perfect for what we are looking for, so if we have to travel to have some bars so be it.

I have been offered either small world apts or makumba.

Which one of these would you say is best. Prefer to have the closest to the 'centre' and good friendly atmosphere.

we also offered the sirca but dont want 10min walk to restuarants (very lazy I know)

Thanks again
If memory serves me right the Makumba is about 30 seconds from the beach and restaurants and the Small World is about 2-3 mins.
No idea what they are like as I have not used either, but I have the impression that the small worlds has some grassy area around the pool etc but I wouldn't imagine that the makumba has as it is in amongst other buildings.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :D
We stayed at the Makumba for a week in June last year and would recommend it.

Rooms basic but clean- bed linen/towels changed every day.

Lovely big pool area with plenty of sunbeds, friendly staff, nice poolside bar serving excellent snacks.

The bar stays open into the small hours but they do turn the music down around midnight so as not to disturn other guests.

The hotel also has it's own restaurant which is open to the public-we ate there one night and it was very good.

The apartments are literally 2 minutes stroll from the beachfront down a snicket by the side of a big hotel (Manuela I think).

Bitez is ideal for a relaxing holiday but may be a bit quiet for younger folk for 2 weeks but as already mentioned it is close enough to Gumbet/Bodrum if you need a change of scene.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.