Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: Bitez
87 Posts
Call me whatever you want as long as it's polite!! :lol:
Thanks Prawn...any of the reviews I've read are very complimentary to the Small World and I think it would definitely suit us but my main concern & it's a big one is whether it would just be too hot in July for us. Most reviews seem to be written by people who've travelled there in September which I'm sure is a much more manageable temperature but unfortunately I'm stuck with July.
We travelled to Rhodes a few years ago & spent most of the day under a parasol, which wasn't a real problem as I love to read. But we took the day trip to Marmaris & it was noticeably hotter on the mainland and that's my concern.
What do you think?....Anyone?? 8)
(BTW is breakfast good at Small world ..
and are beds OK? )
Hiya,

As far as the weather goes, its likely to be no cooler than your previous trip to Rhodes, but Bitez does get a breeze from the sea (although not much of a cool one in high season). It may be a few degrees hotter than Rhodes.

Elaine
Toastedmallow...

This year will be our 7th visit in July (we always go the first 2 weeks). The weather, as you can imagine is very hot, but there is a constant breeze and its never unbearable. Air Conditioning is a must!

All the sunbeds along the beach are free, most come with an umberella for shade. If you perch yourself on the seafront your can dip your trotters in the sea to cool off... :lol:

By the way... a must is buying a pair of jellies for the sea... because in parts it can be rocky underfoot.

The prices of the restaurants vary, most expensive being on the seafront (as you can imagine).

You will love Bitez :D

You must get out on a dolmus (small mini bus) they run 24hours peak season and can take you anywhere along the penninsula for less than a pound!

If you do book for July, we'll be there the same weeks.

If you need any other information, let me know.
Well it's done & dusted............we booked this morning! Phew!! :roll:

Myheart...
I'm sure I'll have more questions nearer the time as we've only been to Istanbul & Marmaris for day trips. This will be our 1st proper holiday to Turkey. I'm just reliefed that the decision is at last made!
One of the few places that seems to get a unanimous 100% thumbs up! :tup Thanks everyone for your very helpful advice. :thanks
Hi, Toasted

We found the breakfast at Small World to be the usual Turkish breakfast, but we did get grapes straight from the vine which suited me fine. The beds were comfortable enough and neither of us had any problems with them - we also had a settee in our room so you could relax with a book if you wanted a respite from the sun.

I am sure you will enjoy Bitez and I hope you have a great holiday.
Thanks Prawn,
Can I just ask what is a 'usual' Turkish breakfast? Any yogurt? I love the traditional Greek yogurt & was hoping for something similar. But am reasonably easy pleased!
BTW I know everyone has a high opinion of Turkish beer :lol: but I'm more of a wine drinker. (Very important question!!) .....Is Turkish white wine any good?? :glynis
You do sometimes get yogurt for breakfast - can't remember now if we had it at Small World. The usual breakfast is bread, jam, honey, fruit, cheese, meats, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled eggs with tea and coffee.

There are some reasonable white wines - it depends on what you like. Cankaya is quite good but a little more expensive than some. We tried a new one last year and I can't remember the name of it but it started with an 'S'. You can always ask to try a wine - most of the restaurants we have been in have been happy to say that you don't have to have the bottle if you don't like it.
Thanks Prawn,
Think I'll cope ok with that! :D
Hi
All you Bitez regulars (I think I can class us as regulars as it will be our 4th year )
What are and where from are the cheapest flights to Bodrum ?Is it wise to leave it for a while or book early i.e now for end of July ?
Anyone stayed at the Meis Appartments as we intend staying there this time ?
Skids
Hu skids,

We booked our flights to Bodrum, in June 2007 for June 2008.

Flight only does seem to be expensive this year, have you considered a package?
Yes we are looking at packages.Cheapest flights seem to be £265.00 each from Newcastle.
Would prefer Doncaster
All booked 1st week in August at the Meis
Managed to get flights at £240 from Doncaster.
Anyone else going to Bitez at that time ?
Good morning,

Yes I`m still trying to decide where to go in August and am back to my first choice Bitez! (Had decided on Red Sea Hol Village I kinow totally different to Turkey but lots for Katie but prices really silly).

Was searching and reading up last night and read about the Ambrosia Hotel (I still like the Meis) can anyone give me any up to date info. I have tried to e`mail them and the e`mails are just bouncing back (got address off their website so I am rather confused - but it is early)

I understand that this hotel has had a refurb, anyone know what was actually done, is it nice etc, etc. Looking at this as there are more rooms that some of the self catering properties and thinking there may be a more chance of a child or two to meet up with Katie (11). and also without wanting to sound awful the fear of booking somewhere that is a bit `suspect` does bother me as we have already had the `holiday from hell` and i would not like to ever repeat it.

This is the first time ever, that I have struggled to book a holiday.

Any help and advice would be wonderful.
Ambrosia is a bit of a tip if I am really being honest.
We stayed there last year,needs a good refurb and general update .Very close to the beach but not where you would want to spend time in your room or at the bar .
Had a look aroud the Meis last year and was very quite and modern and clean also not over crowded.

I must appologies I got my names totally mixed up ,the hotel I was refering to above was the Kassandra,which is next to the Ambrosia
The Ambosia appears ok (always have my Turkish Bath there)never stayed there I think they are mainly All Inclusive,and appear to be older clientel
My kids are 13 and 11 and there where some at the Meis last year.
  • Edited by Skids1 2008-02-07 18:20:37
The Ambrosia is next to the Manuela - where we always stay . It looks good but don't know what the rooms are like. I think it is the largest hotel in Bitez.
If you want to be near the center, why not try the Okaliptus. I've heard that the rooms there are quite good..
I don't think you will get a 'holiday from hell' in Bitez. Everyone is so friendly.
:cheers
Marn.
Thanks for the replies, the Meis is still top of my list!
Thomsons say the Ambrosia has had a refurb!! but can`t find anything out about it.
My only worry with the Meis is that because it is quite small there may be no children!
Hi Katies Mum, if there are no children at the Meis for Katie to play with, take a walk along the front. All of the restaurants have sun loungers on the beach, just look for one where there are children playing. I'm sure she will soon make friends.
I haven't been to Bitez in the mid summer months, so don't know what type of people go there. eg. young or families.
If the you think the Meis is a good deal go for it. Looking at the web site it looks fine. Might even stay there ourselves one year.

Marn. :wave:
Hi Katiesmum

Just to let you know we have a lovely two bedroomed apartment in Bitez It is beside the harbour on the beach with it's own garden with fantastic views over the bay!!!

We are thinking of renting it out this summer for the whole month of August if you are interested drop me a line (I see you live close to Chester) and I will send you some photos.

I can't vouch for how many children will be there but it has a private pool (with a water-fall)
When we were there last year it was mainly turkish children using it (as most of the residents are turkish) ...they are very friendly and like to talk to you . It has a childs play area close by but I'm sure Katie is far to old for that !!! and tennis courts if she wanted a game at night .

A waterpark is not far away and she would love the boat trips.

If you do decide on Bitez where ever you stay I am sure you will love Bitez as anyone who has ever visited will tell you...it has changed over the years... but it has still kept it's charm. :hols :hols
Thanks, I`ve sent you a PM with my contact details.

Helen x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.