Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi All

Just had a look on the hotel review section of this site, can garden hotel listed but not the can garden resort, but someone as posted a review on it does anyone think it could be for the can garden resort :hmmm .

Please anymore reviews about this hotel
Anyone else any info about the hotel please.

Thank You :D
Hopefully some will be getting back from their holidays soon. A lot of members on here were going in the first week of May, so lets hope it brings good news. The review of the hotel by one member seemed very positive. 4 weeks and 2 days to go and the 3 of us ladies cant wait.

Warning: Be aware that some 'males' in Turkey watch these web pages. I had someone MSN me the other day suggesting we 'meet up on my arrival' He made it quiet clear that at 18 he was looking for love. I made it quite clear that at nearly 40 I was looking for a good rest!!!!!!!!

LOL

Speak soon

:wave
Just got back this morning after two weeks in the sun, the hotel was lovely when we arrived, just putting a few finishing touches to it, e.g planting a few flowers and finishing the outside entertainment area. However, this was minmal and and there was no disruption, the hotel looks exactly like the computer generated images! Its all marble and christal chandeliers. The hotel itself is huge and all the staff speak reletivly good english, there all really helpfull and we made friends with quite a few of the staff. there are 4 bars, a lobby bar,poolside bar, ampitheartre bar and the terrace bar. They made a few changes to the opening hours while we were there as they closed all but one bar for a few nights meaning we had to carry trays of drinks from one floor to the next, a few people complained and the bars were open as usual after two days. There are loads of sun loungers with matteresses by the pool and these are washed down everyday before breakfast, the bars serve, ice tea, pepsi, diet pepsi, fanta and sprite and the shots are all turkish own makes but very nice. there are also water machines and soft drink machines for the kids so they can help themselves. The pool is huge and looks beautiful at night all lit up, theres a baby pool but the main pool only came up to neck height on me and im 5 '6 so its good for uncertain swimmers who like to feel the ground! Everywhere was spotless and the staff would be out every morning buffing the floors and wiping down tables. the pool also has steps leading into it so its easier to get out than climbing up ladders! Also you are given bath towels and pool towels upon arrival and theres hairdryers in the bedrooms too.
The food is lovely and is available for most of the day, breakfast includes pastries hot food e.g eggs and geran sausage, mushrooms, fried eggs and omelettes. There is a choice of 5 - 6 cereals and about 10 different jams and honeys, there is also a selection of more traditional foods like, goats cheese and olives and meat. Lunch is usually a choice of two soups,10 trays of rice, different meats, veg, and there are usually one or two chefs frying fresh fish or chicken, you just point to what you want and they make it for you. there is a salad bar and another table with things like potato salad. There is also another chef making fresh pizzas that you can help yourself to. The dessert comes in the form of a table filled with around 20 different desserts, tiramasu, chocolate mouse, cherry tart. You just help yourself and there all freshly baked. What ever doesnt get eaten at that sitting gets thrown away to make way for the fresh desserts for the evening meal. There is also a poolside snack bar that serves spaggetti bolognese, chips, buurgers and hot dogs. There is waiter service for drinks in the restraunt and as soon as you finish your plate they whisk it away so your clear for your next plate!
The evening meal is along the same lines as lunch but with two different soups and different foods than the dinner time . You can also have your lunch at the beach if your there between 12.30 - 2pm and there is a selection of hot and cold food served by a chef on the terrace over looking the sea. The beach is 5 minutes walk from the hotel and is uphill on the way there, however, a bus service runs every hour to pick people up and drop them back off and the journey takes roughly 2 mins. We usually caught the bus there and walked back.The beach is lovely and sandy and the water is crystal clear, we bought snorkels and the water was full of fish. The is also a watersorts centre 2 mins walk down the beach and we rented out jet skis for £25 pounds for 15 mins. There are plenty of loungers for our hotel only and its nice to spend the afternoon down there. You can also see the hotel photographer and have a photo taken at sunset for £3 a photo. We had a few taken al over the hotal and bought quite a few, you feel a bit daft posing but the results are good. The is an excellent health centre in there and we both enjoyed the turkish bath packages at £22 for a skin peel, soap massage, oil massage and face pack. there is a tatoo parlour and hairdressers, jewellers which is very reasonably priced and a few little souvenier shops, the staff are never pushy and let your wander round which is a rarity in turkey.There is also an a la carte restraunt that you need to book the day before you plan to go. You pick from 5 choices including fish, chiken and kafte and then sit outside in an open air restaunt built around a water feature, It a five course meal which admittently was like a bush tucker trial! Its all traditional turkish food. We had two starters, the first was a turkish meze, including stuffed vine leaves and pepeers, the second was liver we think but it was ok and its nice to try new things! Then its your choice of main course, dessert and tea or coffee. Its a nice change so i would recommend it. Im going now because im tired but any questions, let me know x
thanks annemarie it sounds fantastic, what was side like and how far was it from the hotel?

was the mini bar in the room filled with water or pop? was the air con 24 hours a day? what kind of spirits was there?

cant wait for my holiday now, 2 weeks and 1 day to go yipee

:pele :pele :pele :pele
Sounds great,7 weeks till we go,hopefully the finishing touches will be done by then!was gonna ask the same as Julie,how far from side itself?
Thanks Annemarie - good that you managed to give us all so much info.

Well it all looks like good news.

Not sure if they will still be so free with towels later on in the season?

I myself personally am still confussed over what currency to take - its all so conflicting - Euro vs Lira vs £!

There is one thing for sure - were not going to starve at this hotel!!!!!

If you've only got a short time before you go - have a good time! We have got 4 weeks and 1 day before us 3 ladies go - HOLIDAY!

:fly
:sun
8) 8) :D :D :D
thanks annemariea for your report,i know that side is 8 km, 5 miles away. also from reading reports you should consider the following,
sterling,
if you take sterling the exchange rate is quite favourable in turkey allthough you would end up with turkish lira.
using atm's,
nationwide's currency exchange is free,again you would end up with turkish lira.
turkish lira.
exchange rate good at the moment 2.6/2.7 turkish lira to the £.could get better or worse who knows.
euro's,
supposingly the best to use, things are cheaper in euro's than turkish lira which sounds a little strange to me,purchase them from marks and spencer or post office.
wether you can take sterling and purchase euro,s over there at a good rate i am not sure.
wife and i depart 3 weeks tommorrow can't wait.no mention yet of evening entertainment ?. weather forecast night and day between 18c and 31c for next week.
I have booked a 2 week holiday for July/August on the strength of the review. Looking forward to hearing more. Thanks Annemariea
When I was in Side in March most things were priced in euros,whereas in Marmaris last week things were priced in TL.we took a combination of both to Side so just take the best rate to the £.
new pics of hotel on can garden website, looking very nice !!!!!
Does anyone know if this hotel is exclusive to Thomson?,as they dont go to Turkey in the winter.Thomas Cook fly to Antalya all year but I dont think they use this hotel.It seems a shame for it not to be used in the winter.
The hotel looks absolutely fabulous, go to cangarden.com then click on resort hotel, carnt wait now roll on 6th june

:pele :pele :pele :pele :pele :pele
:D Hi we came home from 2weeks at can garden resort on 20th may. It was great, side is a long 15 mins on the bus but its worth a trip. Food tasty and plentiful but not much meat or fish. Hotel staff are very helpful, very clean hotel but attic rooms have high walled balcony. We asked for a different room and got a lovely one.pool area is lovely. beach is sandy with hotels own beach beds and bar. all in all its fantastic. :wave
Can anyone tell me where this property is located, in relation to Side town. We were thinking of going S/C here but didn't know about local amenities such as restaurants and shops.
Laurence
Brill, thanks to all keeping us informed
Is there any entertainment going on at this hotel?
more reviews on holidaysuncovered for this hotel
just wanted to warn you all about the above listing. there is a review on this website by a couple who were there when we were. All they did was whinge and moan all holiday and they basically didnt want to be there. i feel it will give you an unfair view of the hotel and may take the excitement out of your upcoming holidays. The children playing football (!) were aged between12 months and 3 years and were rolling the ball to one another, they were all lovely friendly kids and did not deserve to be shouted at by other guests as well as other abuse by the writers party i wont mention. they have added a warped view of the hotel, but there again, they did have other holidaymakers asking what was wrong with them all holiday. Just letting you know as its unfair to lie about what could have been a lovely holiday for them if they had just realised they were actually on holiday! its a fantastic holiday and we met a great group of likeminded fun loving freinds. hope you find the same.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.