Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We've got it listed Gavin but no reviews yet :cry:

As soon as anyone has stayed here, please add your report HERE

thanks Glynis i may be the first......watch this space... :lol:..Gavin 8)
Hi Gavin, i too am looking at this one on the 6th (from Manchester) - my concern is that the price quoted on Thomson seems to be too cheap, if you get what I mean.
I am looking out of my window watching the snow coming down wishing summer was here. I have been to Olu Deniz for the last 3 summers I fancy a change so I booked a new hotel :gluck which is the Can Garden Resort not to be confusesd with can garden hotel in side. The nearest town is Colakli so any info on the area would be great including diving trips shops etc the usual.
Cheers :glynis
Richie

Ps click on the link to see pics of Belcekiz Beach Hotel
http://www.piczo.com/Photogeek?g=9775360&cr=4[/b]
Myself and 2 (girl) friends are going to Can Garden Resort in Side on 20th June. We have never been to Turkey before.

Any info would be appreciated. Im confussed over what currency is used is it the Lira or some other currency?

Also, are we close to anything like clubs, bars or spas?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Wendy

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
I must admit when I saw the price I thought it was really cheap, when I saw the artists impression of the hotel it looked really good. I think what they do with new Hotels to get them off the ground for the first year they offer a great deal, then if it is succesful you watch the price go up the following year. I think because there is no review of this hotel I will be waiting in anticipation of the first Holiday truths review. So hands up who is going first I will have to wait till the 1st August staying for 11 nights.
Diolch
Richie
Hello - I'm new to this site so bare with me. I also have booked for Can Garden Resort. Tried to find out whats around etc. Apparantly were near to some local shops and bars and Side is not far and has some clubs shops etc.

In reply to Wendb69 I also will be arriving with my boyfriend on 20th June so see you there. Lets hope we all enjoy our stay... also the currency is the Turkish Lira and dont forget the £10.00 to enter the country when you arrive.

Den. :wave
Wendy I have just come back from Side and almost everything was priced in euros.We changed a small amount into Turkish lira but just used euros.You get a better rate in Turkey than here.Jay
Wendy I have just come back from Side and almost everything was priced in euros.We changed a small amount into Turkish lira but just used euros.You get a better rate in Turkey than here.Jay
hi all

newbie here, we to are staying at the can garden resort on 6th june for 2 weeks, we are a bit dubious about the hotel, any info would be much welcoming :D
Hi Juliek
I was feeling a bit like you are now when we first booked Turkey but we could not believe how beautiful and how friendly the turkish people are. As with this Hotel from what I can gather in the brochure it is brand new so I think we are all going to be a bit on edge :gluck about this Hotel. But hey I think we will have a great time sun sea surf and plenty to eat and drink. If not there is always next summer to make up for it, plus you are going before me and I look forward to your Hotel report.

Cheers From Wales
Richie :glynis
Well lets hope somebody comes back with some info soon.

Not long to go now - 2 months for us.

The Slim Fast diets have started so hopefully us 3 mums wont look like total beached whales!!!!

Are we close to the beach at this resort does anyone know?

LOL

Wendy

:D
hi richie

thanks for the reply hun, it will be our 5th time to turkey, like u really think that the poeple r wonderful and the country is great, just hope the hotel is finished, just think that the price was really cheap £796 for 2 of us all incuslive, paid that much each last year to zante in september too.

i will post u as soon as i get back, hopefully someone else will post a message before i go.

happy hols :D
*Edit please do not post in phone text Briar
Hi juliek
If you dont mind me asking were about in Turkey have you been on your holidays, so far we have only stayed in Olu Deniz and I am always looking for new places to stay in Turkey any suggestions.

Cheers
Richie

ps I hope they have built the Hotel and not left it like a builders yard. :?
hi richie

ive been to altikum twice, lovely place the beach is fab while we were there we visited kusadasi which was lovely, bit more like a town tho, built up a bit.

then we went to bodrum, we went all inclusive and made the mistake of just staying at the hotel, it was the first time we had done all inc. so we thought we might as well get our monies worth, the only place we saw in bodrum was the dentist, he was very good tho.

then the best place was marmaris really enjoyed there, a lot of people say its like blackpool with sun but its not. you can get the water taxi across to icmeler, which is lovely, going to try there next year, the hotels seem a bit more 4* and 5* rated.

:fly
As anyone tried the Hotel Can Garden in Side ( the one with the woodern bungalows), we have been to Olu Deniz for the past few years but we would like to see more of Turkey so thinking of this hotel and Side. 8)
Hello Bladewayne
The Hotel we have booked is Can garden resort I think your Hotel is Hotel can garden which is in side. Can garden resort is outside side, is there nothing on the hotel reviews page for you to look at. I know they are both in the thompson brochure because we looked at both of them the Hotel we chose is new this summer.
Cheers
Richie
6 weeks and a day too go.

ive noticed in the brochure resort opens next week, anyone going please put any info on here. cheers.

happy holidays :)
Hi, were also going on the 6th May flying from manchester, not too worried about the hotel (!) :? but am slightly worried the weathers not going to be too great, when i've been checking it on the 10 day forecast, it looks a bit rainy. oh well, lots of beer and food so cant be all bad. Still cant find any real pictures on the thompsons website so it'll be a bit off a surprise!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.