Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hey,

The Filoxenia is at the back of Katelios a bit away from the beach - it may be worth pushing for one of the accommodations a bit further in. Katelios is fairly small with a sand/shingle beach and enough tavernas to do for a week! Roads are good and car hire is straight forward and fairly good value when you are out there - it's a reasonabley sized island though though so at least a good hour to Fiscardo from Katelios.

If you need any more info do let me know.

Hope it's of use.

V
mandu
thanks for the reply. the resort sounds ok and it appears that there will be enough for us to do. My ain concern was seeing the top end of the island but an hour isn't anything excessive. thanks a lot once again.
I may have missed something here, but have you contacted Olympic about this?
It may be an error on their part. I wouldn't except a change of resort & hotel when you booked something completely different!
Or is this only half the story? Have booked with Olympic many times and never had a problem with them. :(
we spoke to Oympic who said the change was because of 'contractual problems'. we've had a couple of changes including this one. the first was to tell us that the airline (XL) does not now include in flight meals. the brochure quite clearly states that the price includes them, however since we have not actually paid for them we have no reasonable grounds to kick up a fuss and at least we know beforehand so we can make alternative arrangements. Also the brochure now shows an afternoon flight whereas (at the moment!) we are still shown as flying in the morning. We shall see!! :banghead:
:rage friends of ours not only changed resorts but changed islands and now doing twin centre in Kefalonia instead of Ithaca and Kefalonia. Seems Olympic are consolidating quite a lot. Anyone else with Olympic had the same issues?
the airline (XL) does not now include in flight meals. the brochure quite clearly states that the price includes them

XL still provide meals on their planes and as an in flight meal was included as part of your booking conditions you should still be provided with a meal on board.

Olympic can't pass the buck and say that it is the airline not providing meals, Xl provided a meal and it is up to the tour operator (Olympic) to pay for it now if required, they have accepted your booking under these T&C's.

:scratch: Having said that I have just read on the XL website that certain flights (Those flight # ending in V) are now classed as low-cost and no meal is provided, however you can purchase food.

Info re this change http://www.xl.com/Customer_Info/Additional_Short.asp

This page http://www.xl.com/Customer_Info/Popup_Meals.asp shows the meals / snacks available so if your flight doesn't have a meal Olympic should provide a voucher or reimburse you for the cost of food.

I would contact Olympic and tell them you wish a meal on board as per your booking.

Having read what you have said I fully expect to have to do the same with Olympic for a holiday in Symi in October.
I noticed on their website yesterday that in flight meals were now not included the same as yourself, however they were included when we booked, so it should only be those customers that have booked under the new T&C's i.e. no meal that shouldn't receive an in-flight meal.

I have checked our flight on the XL website for the above holiday and they still show as meals being given onboard as part of the flight so it might be worth your while checking the XL website http://www.xl.com/ for your flight number to see if it ends in V, if not you should still get a meal provided.

Please let us know how you get on.

Graham
Hi
thanks. I will make enquiries and post a reply soonest
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.