Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Anne, i couldn't get mayfair in resort but as per last members reply you can get them at duty free in Dalaman when you get off the plane
Regarding SandC's response, I really wouldn't advise it. The legal limit for bringing cigs back from Turkey is 200 per person (no matter where purchased and no matter whether in hand luggage or in suitcase). Yes, you might be lucky and not get stopped but if you are stopped, they will either confiscate the lot or charge you duty on the lot. It's really not advisable. Even if you go to an EU country where the "legal" (or advisory) limit is 3200 per person (for personal use), your suitcases will have been x-rayed and if they want, they will stop you and check out what you've got. I know that many people take the risk (have done so myself) but 200 is the limit from Turkey - just didn't want anybody to think otherwise.
Thanks for the reply, you wouldn't happen to know what fags they sell that are like mayfair or if they sell any british brands.
Yes, you're right Jakki about the having them in the suitcase thing.

The limit is 200 - they will be quite happy to sell you 1000 at the duty free in Turkey though so be careful.
hi anne, the nearest i got to mayfair was lambert n butler in resort but i preffered the malboro lights as i was able to get them in superkings, i did manage to get the odd pack of superking black in resort, you should stop at duty free at dalaman and get some mayfair all brands are available there, at least you won't need to worry about finding real cigs in resort! oh just to add the L&M weren't too bad either - hayzx
They will also allow you to buy as many on the plane back home as you want (thomson). Say it's up to you if you want to take the risk !!! Bit naughty don't you think? Regards Denny
Anyone know if the Dutyfree in Dalaman is open through the night...heading in there at an unearthly hour of the morning
Yes it's open all hours
Hi

All the shops are now allowed to sell british fags. When you buy them tell them you want real ones and not snides as they do sell both. We paid £14 for 200 L&B. Try the More ones in the red pack they are the same as L&B and cost £10.

carrol47
So this means they sell Mayfair? in Marmaris.
they did when we were there, but i dont remember seeing the lights, they did sell the lights in the airport at dalaman and on the plane going out, on the plane they were £24 for 400 and in the airport £63 for 1000.
Thanks for the info...only 6 more sleeps now x
My wife smokes mayfair menthol kingsize in the uk.

what would a good turkish alternative be to buy in resort ?
in my smoking days i found salem lights (hope i've spelt it correctly). Also marlboro menthol though these were harder to find.
has anyone got any idea about the cigs in mamaris do they sell them in the supermarkets , can you get lambert and butler or can you get tobacco any idea of the prices
your best bet is to buy them at airport as alot in resort are fake they sell english at airport last year we paid 10pound for l&m at airport
Buy it on the Plane or as said in Duty free, Do not buy pouched English tobaco or any British makes in any of the Tourist resorts as they will be fake.
Buy on the plane,They are cheaper than duty free shops here and in Turkey. :tup
Cigarettes are only cheaper if you fly with Onur Air as opposed to Turkish Duty free.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.