Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I agree hope i can still get 400 for 25 quid as i did last year :think
Cigarettes and tobacco have gone up at Dalaman since we went last October a box of Golden Virginia is now 20.45 Euros
I do not smoke but always bring some back for friends. Always buy on the plane as they sell the ones like Bensons or Superkings.. This time however, have been asked to get Regal King size.

I will be on a FC flight, does anyone know if this brand is sold on this flight?If not then I will have to buy them at Gatwick or Dalaman.

Thanks,

BarbH
Just flown with FC to Turkey. Yes they do have Embassy Regal - 200 £15, 400 £28. Get them on the way out though, as on the way back they had only Marlborough left.....
Denny
Thanks Denny, the price sounds good, I think they paid £38 for 400 last year - not from Turkey. I will just hope they will have them on the flight otherwise will get them in Dalaman on return. Either way it will be cheaper than UK.

Thanks

Barb
watch your duty as glasgow airport is clamping down don't know if other airports are
ciggs-£18 200 on first choice plane
£28 400 on first choice plane
£32 400 at dalaman airport
  • Edited by K&R 2008-08-11 10:10:34
Last month (july) Lambert and butler were £35 for 400 at glasgow airport and £28 on the thomson flight. A lot of people are saying its illegal to sell british cigarettes in turkish shops but they are openly displayed everywhere, even in the club aida shop. The ones I bought didn't taste fake and at £1.50 a packet I wasn't complaining
Hi

Read the reviews regarding buying of cigs, but still a bit confuserd

Is it "BEST" to buy in UK (Luton) airport on departure

OR

On the flight (Onur Air) out to Turkey?

Thanks

John
Gateshead61, Tell me the brand your looking to buy as I have all the Onur air prices here?
Gateshead61, Tell me the brand your looking to buy as I have all the Onur air prices here?

Excellent thanks very much

Wife is after Mayfair Smooth please

Just trying to weigh up it's cheaper to buy them on board or at the airport

Cheers for your help

John
Mayfair sky blue 200 = 15 Euro, Try and take Euros to get them as you actually will pay more if you pay for them with Lira or Sterling.:wave:
Thanks a lot rwb46 :tup
I'm assuming there will be plenty on board bearing in mind they may have stocked up on the flight back to the UK?

Depending on what they sell on the jorney
They have a full amount of stock only on the way to the Uk, So if you get them on your departure flight buy them then, Anyone else wanting to know Onur airs Prices just ask.
Will they have owt left on the UK departure please?
No one can answer your question Gateshead61, As we all buy different brands, All I can say on this is that they have always had my brand on both legs of the Journey, This might help you also, They sell them from the front of the Aeroplane, So once you see them walk down and buy them before others do.
Hello there, im off to Marmais on the 20th for 2wks, i'm after some cutters choice baccy, does anyone know if i can get some ??? Maybe from the airport???

Much thanks guys for your help :)
I havent seen that brand anywhere on any Aeroplane or at any Airport, Onur air sell Golden virginia for 20 euro for 5x50 gram pouches.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.