Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
thanks valleylady, good price ;)
chilly
Think I'll be having a word with hubby when he gets back from his meeting this evening - I like the look of those prices for November. You never know Chilly - may be there yet :tup
Fizz
Just had a look at the Thomson site to see what flights were available from Manchester and read this at the top of their page.......
Sorry! We don't fly to Goa from Manchester in Winter 2009/10. However we do fly to Goa from other Midlands airports. Available results for these holidays are shown below.
View Winter 2009/10 flights to other destinations from Manchester

All seems a bit confusing as some members have said they are flying with them from Manchester........ :think ......Keith
flight no TOM 158 is ex Manchester this year, Monday at 15.15
next year (2010/ 2011) I think is the same flight number but different times

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/MANFlightInfo/SearchFlights

Maybe sold out, First choice were showing no availablility for a few dates in February, same flights used.
just looked on thomsons site and still offering hols from Manchester,............... but at a price!
did you click flights or holidays?
just booked 3weeks with travel republic.
flight £419.00 seat up grade meals 20k luggage.
3 weeks car parking.total £468.00
no hotel dont know if its a good deal.
this is my first time to india goa.
if my visa arrives before the 19 feb.
boromick :tup
i can recommend hostel bookers.com.they have loads of accomadation.we are travelling quite a lot on our next trip,and have booked all the accomadtion with them,don,t be fooled by the name of the company,they do everything,hostel,b+b and hotels with a wide price range.good luck,ps last trip we booked with travel republic ,,,3 wks nov,and paid £475 each,but keep an eye out for flight time changes ,we changed airline,and times of departure and they didn,t notify us,even when i found out for myself and emailed them,they still said there were no changes, :tup
I would say thats a good deal borowmick, if you haven't got accommodation booked, you should be able to find something for £10 - £15 per night, probably guest house. Are you staying North or South?
Fizz
hi fizzy 2
dont know yet thinking of moving north then south.
which one do you think is best for the night life.
boromick
:tup
Hi boromick, we stay in the North which is much busier than the South. I don't know anything about the night life in the South but the North has a few clubs, others on HT will give you more detail on these as my clubbing days are sadly long gone :D

Entertainment at hotels is generally fairly interesting, sometimes downright diabolical and sometimes fairly good - Traditional Indian music I have always found excellent. There are restaurants that have live bands / singers and again others on here will advise you on the best venues. A guy called Herman is good and if I remember correctly he does gigs at Bardays also seen some good singers at the Stonehouse in Candolim. I am not really an expert but there is something for everyone in the north - even Karaoke (please don't throw bricks at me guys) :rofl

Post a new topic requesting information and I know you will find out all you want to know :tup

Fizz
we just got back yesterday. we got talking to a young couple who were there for the first time and they paid £1500 each for 2 weeks bb at the lemon tree :yikes incidentally, we booked with olympic, went with monarch,had 20kg plus 5kg hand luggage and had really good flights with them.plenty of room,nice meals and good in-flight entertainment. sorry folks - cant see what people moan about with monarch,we had no complaints. maybe they have improved since some people have flown with them?
hi
bushbaby
i booked with olympic also on my flight details its 30kg.
with seat up grade with meals. i never payed for up grades or meals
boromick :tup :tup
Bushbaby did you upgrade or were you in standard seats. Also, was it a Monarch aircraft or one they had "borrowed"
.......or are you very petite? :) (afetr all Bushbabies are only small!)

If none of above then perhaps Monarch have increased the space on their aircraft but I haven't seen any notification anywhere which I would have expected.
Probably 'bushbaby', must have been very lucky. All the flight forums I've perused, use 'dreaded' when describing monarch.
A few years ago we made our first visit to Goa. We were a bit worried when we realized our flights would be with the much derided Monarch. We needn't have been. the flight was comfortable and service friendly. No problems with leg room ( and no we are not shorties). Have never been able to work out what the problem is meant to be :que
hi del949, no we didnt upgrade we just had standard seats and it was a monarch plane. it had a 3-3-3 seat configuration. you could say i am petite (5ft) but my husbands not. i had enough legroom to almost lay down lol! we went with monarch to goa the last time and also to the red sea twice and have never had a bad flight. like ElJhem, i cant see what the problem is.
I can only say as I found. My knees were up against the seat in front all the time and when seat in front was reclined I simply had nowhere for legs.
No problem with food or entertainment or cabin crew etc and flight times were good, even enjoyed the stop in Bahrain but I was honestly cramped all the time.
I wonder if they are using a different aircraft as I seem to remember it being 2-4-2 but not sure.
Anyway going with first choice/thomsons this time and same next february, booked extra legroom as premium was far too dear.
I'm with del949 on this, both my wife and are are fairly tall and suffered, and I mean suffered, with Monarchs legroom over the years. We would'nt contemplate them now unless it was a giveaway price, and there's none of them now. Was reading in the press recently that scheduled airlines are thinking of taking out some of the dearer class seats and increasing economy, one thought is, they are planning to restrict the recline. Cant do that quick enough for me, no matter the time of day, or length of flight, the person in front of me just has to fully recline his seat immediatley after take off, and then has to be told by the attendant to put it upright at meals, so no recline would suit me fine (but I still would'ny fly with Monarch)
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.