Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No Gramps, you are not out of touch but whoever is charging £1558.00 pp for a "last minute deal" certainly is :rofl

It's got to be a typo, someones put a 1 in front by mistake surely :que
Fizz
Just checked the Olympic Holidays web site, still trying to tempt people with this "special price", surprisingly it's not sold out yet !!
Alan
So the "genuine" tourists aren't interested then? :rofl
Fizz
Is it me or am i missing something :think
Ive read on various threads on Holiday Truths about "cheap deals" or "good prices"....like this one at £1550...is this the price for a family of 4 :que

We are going again in April to a good friends wedding (any excuse...)...
Flying from Manchester to Mumbai return...£349 each
Flying from Mumbai to Goa...£28 each
Hotel in Goa...£10 a night x14....£140
Flying from Goa to Mumbai....£26 each

A grand total of £946 for 2 weeks for 2 people :think
just checked to see if our holiday is on offer at a bargain price, First Choice site says " sorry there are no holidays available for this date". I assume this means that they are sold out.
Perhaps if there is a shortage of holidays this would reduce last minute deals.
Strangely thomsons are still offering several hotels, so perhaps it is just the first choice hotels which are full, as it is the same flight.

Noggin , as a proper comparison, Thomson are offering 2 weeks ex Manchester.1st or 8th April (don't know what your dates are) for £1254 , 2 people B+B.
I can't see Olympic selling that 'deal'.

Cheapest deal on Monarch website (ex Cosmos) for 7 nights is Prazeres@ £647.50 pp from Gatwick on 11/3.
Cheapest from Manchester is £666.50 pp on 12/3 - or you can book Premium for £102.50 pp extra.

Cheapest 2 week is Beira Mar from Gatwick on 25/2 @ £687.50 pp.

Prices include in-flight meals and 20kg luggage allowance but excludes transfers.
Dont think we got a choice regarding transfers, the shortage of cheap deals seems to have something to do with the firms cancelling a lot of their flights. I dont think Thomsons fly from Manchester this year (could be wrong) also has anyone flown with Monarch this year, if so what was your baggage allowance....thanks Keith
thomsons flying from Manchester this year and also next year, flight no TOM 158
KJF
also has anyone flown with Monarch this year, if so what was your baggage allowance

We booked with Cosmos (now Monarch Holidays). Our luggage allowance was 20kg hold, 5 kg hand.

BUT - it depends which tour operator you;ve booked with.
Some people booked with Thomas Cook expecting to fly with TC but had their flights changed to Monarch.
Thomas Cook allowance is 15kg hold and this still applied to those bookings even though their flights had been changed to Monarch.

Monarch flights booked with Olympic packages have 15kg allowance but they only charge £3.99 per person to add an extra 5kg.
We booked with Direct Holidays ( T/Cook ) but are flying Monarch. our tickets state Baggage 20kg + Cabin which we know is 5kg I think everybody seems different,anyhow about packed for Thur. flight and my case is about 13.5kgs so well pleased, roll on some SUN :sun2
Do people who book a holiday with direct or T Cook know they are flying on monarch when they book?
I would hate to find after I had booked that I was going on Monarch, we purposley choose not to fly with them.
Like you i certainly would not choose to fly Monarch...in fact i go out of my way to make sure our holidays fly anyone but!!!
However,We were due to fly TC in January but our flights were changed to Monarch and rather than lose our holiday(which we got at a good price)we decided to grin and bear it.We actually left Gatwick only 15mins late and left Dabolim on time! The meal was ok as far flight meals go but as we already knew..legroom a bit tight. Still annoying though when you think you are flying TC.

By the way,we only got 15kg and 5kg baggage allowance,even though Monarch are usually 20kg and 5kg. Paula
By the way,we only got 15kg and 5kg baggage allowance,even though Monarch are usually 20kg and 5kg

That's because it's the TOUR OPERATOR and not the airline that sets the baggage allowance.
Thomas Cook basic allowance (unless you pay extra) is 15kg.
Olympic is the same.

So that's why you got 15kg.
We booked with Jewel in the Crown and flew with Monarch and got 20kg + 5kg.

As for the cheap deal, it has to be a mis-print. We are going with Olympic for 3 weeks over Xmas/New Year and are paying less than £900 - £120 less than last year for the same hotel, etc.
Thats a great 3 week price Brenliz, specially over Christmas/New Year..... :tup Fizz
Hi just booked 3weeks to osbourne on the 19th november with Direct holidays for £638,I know its t/cook but direct give you 20k without having to pay extra,not sure if they will be using monaaaaaaaaaagh next year have heard talk they are going to ditch them again? also 2weeks on the same date is coming up at £568.good hunting slan(cheers)
Now that does sound good Irishman :tup
chilly
:rofl it,s got to be a mistake surly,don,t know about last minute ,,we just booked our next trip 30/11 to 5/01,,, so including xmas and new year. flights £340 each,total for accomadation in mumbai,jaiphur,jodpur,delhi,agra varanassi,colva and calangute £141 each,trains are £19 each but cant book those till september,and flights varannasi to mumbai £36 each grand total £536 each for 5 weeks.thats less than we paid for 3 weeks in november last time :wow
who you flying with valleylady?
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.