America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Discovery Cove
108 Posts
yeah, i know thanks! its 7 days before or after!

Hi everyone

Was wondering has anyone been to Discovery Cove in Orlando? I am off to Orlando in September and I have been recommended to go here.

Is there anything i should know about it? Where can i find the cheapest tickets? Is it better than Seaworld or should i do both?

Thanks

Stan
Your Discovery Cover ticket will include entry to Sea World.

It's a great experience.

I booked mine with Virgin Holidays
Just booked this direct with Discovery cove
Husband and eldest daughter 15 going, I arent confident enough in the water to go and neither is Daughter aged 7
They are going on Saturday 22nd Oct
Full day plus swim
so they got to explore the rest of discovery cove, have lunch and have a swim with the dolphins as well, you can also book a non swim
Good Luck
Definitely go it is worth every penny. I have always booked it directly from their website. My wife cannot swim but she always enjoys the other facilities that are on offer. It is a really great day out and I would be surprised if you did not enjoy it, whenever we go back to Orlando now, we always make sure that we visit DC.

http://www.discoverycove.com/explore.aspx
Shaz66, the bodysuits and jackets they have for guests are very bouyant. I'm told even non-swimmers can do the dolphin experience in these.

Hilda is not a good swimmer but found she managed quite nicely in the swimming jacket. You are mostly standing at waist depth in the dolphin pool anyway. One lady in our group opted not to go out of her depth so that's obviously not a problem if you'd prefer it. She only missed the one on one interaction (5 minutes,if that) and the chance to be pulled back to the group holding the dolphin's fin (30 feet, 10 seconds).

Stanley2005, whether you do the dolphin experience or not, you're sure to love the day. The suroundings and pools are lovely and the food is excellent. And you get a 7 day pass to Seaworld included.
Get there early, whatever your swim time. DC is open to all that have booked for the day from 9:30am (at least that was the time when we went).

Hope you all enjoy the day.

H&H :)
We've been twice, once with a swim, once without. Both times fantastic! A definate must!!!
We did this last christmas. The two children did the dolphin encounter my husband and i just did the swim. But it was great to watch the girls with the dolphins. Take your own video as these are expensive to buy from DC

We found Virgin to be expensive, and booked the tickets from attractions direct, they also included entry for a week into sea world.
Yep,Its a Fantastic Day Out,it may seem expensive but when you include a free weeks admission into seaworld and a lovely meal its not so bad for a great treat,i booked it over the phone from here and the conformation came in 5-7 days very,very good service i would also recommend booking up direct if your not happy booking over the internet the phone is the best bet,have a great time
Should have said its a free call as well from the Uk number below

00800 33 44 1818
We went 2 years ago, it is a brilliant day. We booked direct with them
on-line.
We went in April and had a fantastic day with only one minor complaint. We got there early because we wanted to do the dolphin swim early on in the day and really relax for the rest of it. This all went to plan and we had our swim (encounter as they call it) at around about 9.30am. When we had finished we went to find somewhere to chill out only to find all of the loungers had been taken up. About 75% of them had no-one on them but were obviously being used (think Union Jack towels in the Costa-del-Sol).
We ended up spending the rest of the day having to carry our stuff with us everywhere because we couldn't find anywhere to class as a 'base'.
There are lockers there for clothes shoes but it would have been nice to be able to put the snorkeling gear down somewhere where we all knew it was - same with the towels.
Next time (yes there is a next time - March 2006) we will still get there early but make sure we do what everyone else does and claim our loungers before we do anything else.
Apart from that though everything else was spot on.
Pegasus
We went in Nov 2002. It was amazing. We are doing it again next year. Its expensive but when you are there you really feel its worth every penny.
I am thinking of booking up for Discovery Cove

Does anyone have any feedback on this, as it seems quite pricy for the dolphin swim day?

Thanks
hi went 2 years ago i thaught it was a bit expensive but the wife and daughter thaught it was a brilliant day so maybe it was worth it after all the rest of discovery cove is nice tho and they did enjoy the dolphin swim
Hi,

Yes its expensive, but work the price out like this:-

You are only required to book 1 dolphin swim per party, therefore other day entry tickets are cheaper. The meal that they provided was enough for us, therefore we did not eat out that evening, also as part of the package we received 7 days unlimited entry to Seaworld, take this away from the total cost and its not that bad.

As for the day, we enjoyed every moment. Four of our party had the dolphin experience, aged between 12-18 years, there verdict was not enough time with the dolphins but the photos told a different story there faces in the photos were outstanding. Memories forever.
We spent the day at DC a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. Yes, it can be expensive, especially if you buy any of the Dolphin swim photo/ video packages, but we will definately do it again. Like kaz says if you make the most of the Seaworld tickets the whole experience seems better value.
My friend is going to DC in September and has paid £160 each to the travel agent to swim with the dolphins.Her daughter in law has paid £90 to spectate as she has a baby.She has just been informed this week babies are not allowed in DC so decided to upgrade to swimming and had been told it will cost an extra£95.(£25 extra for changing from a spectator).Surely this is the travel agents mistake for allowing her to book in the first place knowing she had a small baby.
Hi everyone

I am going to Orlando at the end of November and would love to do this. Will the weather still be OK? Any advice/experiences would be most appreciated!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.