America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Discovery Cove
108 Posts
Hi
I am booking tickets for discovery cove in the next couple of weeks, the cheapest i have found are with 'attraction tickets direct' they offer free delivery in 7 days, real tickets , and no charge for c/card users, can anyone reccommend them?

Have read on here that to book with Discovery cove direct but the ticket i want are soo much dearer.

We want tickets for a swim and the seaworld and bush garden ticket , all this is for £159 each
ali
Hi.. both me and my daughter want to do swim with the dolphins but my mother doesnt want to ... if i buy her a non swim ticket will she be able to swim in the coral reef and do all the other things except for the swim with the dolphins.. also can she watch us do the swim????
hi trace your mother can participate in all the other things discovery cove has to offer including coral reef ray lagoon and she will be able to watch you and your daughter do the dolphin swim
We are going there on the 19th November - yipee!!!! It was at the recommendation of my neice who went earlier this year. Do you spend the day in a bathing suit?

We booked at attractions4you here from the UK and it cost us £129 pp with 7 days consequtive visits to Sea World.

We are also going up to Crystal River to swim with the Manatees - a very very fishy holiday this is going to be!!!!!! This I have wanted to do for 3 years and is my 50th b/day treat (august) but, waited until now for the Manatee season.

Has anyone driven to CR from Orlando? We are staying at the Marriott Residence Seaworld hotel in Orlando and the Best Western in CR. We are told that we can walk to SeaWorld and Discovery Cove from our hotel - any views on any of the things that we are doing would be gratefully welcomed.

Many thanks and happy holidays everyone - it has taken me ages to get hubby to go to Americ and we are only going for a week - I hope he loves it so we can return for longer.
yes you spend most of the day in a bathing costume so use some suntan oil hope you have fun
hi
I am just about to book for Discovery Cove for next September/October 06, does it matter which day i book week day or weekend, i know they have a limit on how many get in a day 1000 people i think??
We can do either so wondered which would be better?

Also they do a sleepover now where you sleep on the beach in a tent the night before the swim, this is expensive, they also do a trainer for the day where you feed the animals but have to prepare the food first etc... this sounds good to any ideas would be a help
Ali :D
Ali,
I usually book a Sunday as the other parks are quite busy with tourists and locals. We did Trainer for a day in June and it was great fun, a long day but very enjoyable. You don't actually get to help with the food prep but you see it happening and then feed the sharks etc :lol:
Claire :wink:
Hi Ali :wave
It won't matter which day you go because as you said they only allow 1000 people in each day.We have been twice and had wonderful days there :D .When you go in you are shown to the changing rooms and given your locker and bag containing your towel snorkel mask and high factor suncream.You can also have your credit card details put on your I.D pass so you don't even have to carry money around.The lunch is lovely and there is a good selection :P .You will have a wonderful day there sorry can't help with the sleepover or trainer bit not done these.
Sue
thanks

What did you do with trainer for a day??

Ali,
Sent you a pm. The only reason I choose a Sunday is then we can go to another park on a quieter day :lol:
Claire :wink:
Claire
Thank you very much
Hello all, first of all I would like to say a big thank you to the members of this board, I recently booked our first trip to Orlando and found the information on here very useful.
I just have a couple of questions, has anybody here done the trainer for a day at Discovery Cove and do they recomend it?
The second question is has anybody had the adventure express at seaworld (details here http://commerce.4adventure.com/store/dept_reservations.asp?&dept_id=203&cat=RC_T) ?

Cheers, Si.
My DD is 10 - does she need an adult or child ticket?
Hi.. just about to book discovery cove tickets and just wondering about the cost of photos and dvd... does anyone know how much the dvd and photos cost... ? can you buy individual photos or do you have to buy all the photos...

Also is the breakfast and lunch good?? is there plenty?? also i hear that the drinks are free and there are also snack available.. are these ok...?

Does anyone know what time you are asked to leave??
Hi,
Went to discovery cove easter sunday 2004. We paid about £80 for 2 photos and a video of our swim with the dolphins. We only got lunch, which was very nice (choice of different things) and a drink with the lunch. (we took bottles of water with us which we froze the night before). We had to be there for 9am. when we arrived we were then allocated our slot for the swim, then had a drink, then a family photo taken on the way down to the beach area(this photo is free and you collect it om the way out) then you get your wet suits, snorkle, sun cream and find yourself a sun bed. you will have a great time, we left about 5.30. There are some shops to look in selling gifts, t-shirts etc. While you have your 1/2 hour swim with the dolphins you get your photos and video took, after the swim there take you back to the hut to show you and you can pick which ones you want, there do different packages. I only bought two photos of the kids and the video.
All in all its a good day out, i know its quite expensive for only half an hours swim but you do get the full day to enjoy the rest of the facilities and a 7 day pass for sea world or bush gardens.

Theresa
I visited in Feb 2006.

First surprise a $90 refund as the price had reduced since we booked.

Arrived at 8am. Free breakfast provided. Mainly rolls, cereal, yogurt & fruit. Also coffee, juice, water and milk.

All snacks all day long are free and include:
Beer,
Soft Drinks,
Juice,
Bottled water,
Bottled milk & milk shakes,
Coffee,
Fruit,
Crisps,
Ice-creams,
Biscuits
and more.

Free lunch served from 11am - 4pm. You can visit as many times as you wish. 6 main courses on offer. All delicious. Also large choice of deserts.

You are given free use of as many wet suits of whatever style you want. If you wear prescription glasses they have prescription masks for you to use for snorkelling. Towels, suncream, shampoo, conditioner and body wash also provided. Good quality Evelyn & Crabtree products.

I bought the starter pack of pictures for $29.99. This was a framed 5x7 and two fridge magnets with a free smaller picture. All different shots and have scanned into my pc brilliantly and are good quality for enlarging. CD of 5 pics. about $100. DVD with CD about $200. I videod DD & OH dolphin swim as you can sit close on the beach.

Other gifts available are not over priced. DD really like the waterproof holder to go around her neck. A bargain at $2.99

A fab. day where you don't actually need to spend any money. You don't need to take anything with you except perhaps a wrap to 'dress' for lunch maybe!!

ps parking is free.
hi... just booked for discovery cove in August ... can anyone advise where the entrance is.. ive been to sea world loads of times but dont remember ever seeing the entrance... Also when i booked it says on the website"all snacks and beverages throughought the day are included..." but on the tickets i have received confirming my trip it says that breakfast and lunch is included and says we can buy drinks and snacks...

Did anyone else have to buy drinks or is it only certain types of drinks and snacks are free and the rest you can buy??
Trace104,

I have also booked Discovery Cove and when I got my tickets all they said was about Lunch...I e-mailed ATD and asked the same question as you've just asked and this is the reply I got

Everything that is on the DC website is included in your tickets - there is only one package that they do

Hope this helps, Katy xx
hi... just booked for discovery cove in August ... can anyone advise where the entrance is.. ive been to sea world loads of times but dont remember ever seeing the entrance...

If you go to seaworld there is a telephone there that you can use to call DC and they will send a landrover over to pick you up. It is all inclusive now and all snacks during the day are included. Enjoy your day...... it is worth it!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.