America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Discovery Cove
108 Posts
I know this is silly and I should check it out myself but i'm rushing a bit here - how much is $199 worth in English pounds?

What happens if you are a family of 4 and only 2 want to go with the dolphins but the whole family want to visit together? is there a seperate price for non swimmers?
Hi Scoobylou

You'll find a currency converter HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy - if I'm right its just under £100? which seems to be a really good deal.

I still need to seek advice on what happens if only 2 out of the family want to swim with the dolphins before I purchase the tickets. Does anyone know how long the offer is on for please?
When I looked on the website earlier it asked how many members of the party planned to swim and how many would observe.
Thanks Groove - I will check it out. We don't go til August next year - i'm just wondering when the best time is to book our tickets - any advice?
You can book up to a year in advance I would recommend to book as soon as you can. You get one complementary date change so book any date during your holiday and subject to availability you can change it later.
Thanks everyone - you have all been ever so helpful :D
scoobylou

There are different prices for those that do the dolphin interaction and those that just spectate. The later can use all the other facilities at DC though.
tracey99 sorry to be a pain but i tried to book 4 for discovery cove this evening for september and the best price i was getting was $219 plus tax. the total was something like $976.where am i going wrong? :cry:
hi mainman!
the price for september,is $279,so with the code,you will get the discount,reducing it by $50.
i am going in november,so the price is cheaper,$249.so with the discount,mine was reduced to $199.
i was going to book for oct 30th,which was $279,but decided to leave it till,nov 1st,which was when it went down to $249.for the sake of 2 days,it was a saving of $90,before the discount.
use the code,you will save $200.
hope this helps tracy
Hi,

I have been twice now to Orlando and I loved every minute - cant wait to go back again. As for Discovery Cove - I did that both times I went and would thoroughly recommend it.

You start your day in the reception where they take your photo and give you a pass - keep this after this day because it entitles you to entry to Sea World (and I think somewhere else too but that escapes my memory for a moment or five!) after your visit to DC! You are also told the time of your Dolphin Encounter and this is printed on your photo pass too along with the cove you need to go to. Then you move on to get your free morning drink before making your way into the 'resort'. On the way you have your complimentary family photo taken which you collect in the afternoon. You need to make your way down to the beach and changing rooms to change and get fitted for your life vest (which is compulsory when you are in the water). The just sit back and relax until your swim...

Being a bit of non swimmer (I can swim but not far and the water scares me, especially if I cant touch the floor!) it was a bit nervewracking getting in with the dolphins, however, the staff there are all very understanding and I didnt miss out on any of the encounter despite this, in fact, I got double the ride as I got a tow out and back in again, everyone else only had the ride back in!

The surroundings are wonderful too - a long lazy river which goes through a wildlife enclosure and takes about 40 mins to go round completely... a lovely beach, a cave which you can swim into, and a snorkel area. The food is all provided and is absolutely gorgeous... you will be stuffed after eating it (and I am a very fussy eater).

As for getting the tickets, I found it slightly cheaper booking online with them directly using a credit card. It was all very safe and a hassle free experience.

All in all, its expensive but very much worth it for the experience. You cant really do Florida without Discovery Cove!!

I hope this helps.
Hi Tracey -

I looked at using the discount code RETURN but it definitely states it is for Florida Residents only (which requires proof of residencey, if you read the small print).

Has the offer you got finished now :cry: ?

Thanks, Judy
hi everyone staying in kissimmee going to book swimming with dolphins is it about 1 hours drive also is it a good experience thanks in advance mates stef
discovery cove is a fanatastic place to go my son and i went 3 yrs ago evertything about it is brillant it is expensive for 1 day but it something that is a lifetime experience make sure you book early
Hi Stef,

I went to Discovery Cove in 2005 - It is an absolutely fantastic place, well worth a visit.

Aside from the dolphins, you also have living reefs to swim in and bird enclosures where the birds are so tame they will sit on your hand to be fed. They also limit the amount of people visiting each day so its never too busy.

Be prepared though, the photos and DVD shot from your swim with the dolphins will cost an arm and a leg!!
hi everyone we are stayng in kissimmee fiesta town houses how long is the drive to discovery cove also i have found website 139 swim with dolphins anyone know any cheaper thanks stef
Depends on what time of year you are going ie Low or High season.

- Low season is £131 from Theme Park Tickets Direct , you could also try Orlando Ticket Deals and Attraction Tickets Direct (free under water camera & they will price match).

Apparently, at the moment, if book direct with DC's website some selected dates in the next few months, allow you to book using the discount code TNC, which works out quite a bit cheaper.
Just wondering has anyone done DC in early December. I had sort of put the idea out of my head for financial reasons as we are a party of 2 ad & 4 kids.

However I have just been jigging the figures around a bit and if I do DC & Seaworld and just get a 2 park ticket from Universal it is doable for us rather than getting a 5 park flex ticket.

However dont want to spend that much money and have everyone standing around shivering. Just wondering did anyone have experiences of DC in early December.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.