America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Discovery Cove
108 Posts
I needed to post a reply, this is going to sound really stupid as well! I just want to know about the body suits that they provide at discovery cove. Do they do a lot of sizes? I am just a bit worried about them not having my size, i am not massive or anything, i am not skinny either! but am just a bit worried so if anyone could help me out that would be great!

Thanks
Leanne
I am as size 14/16 :roll: and they found me one. Hope that helps a bit.
When you go in they send you in the direction of the changing rooms and outside there are all the suits on hangers and the girl will ask you what size you are - you can say the english size as they convert for you. Please, dont worry about it, there are all shapes and sizes and the fun you have giggling as you try to get the suit on is part of the fun, you will no doubt ask a stranger to zip you up as we did! And we returned the favour - I am a size 12 and my bottom and tummy were well rounded with the suit on :D They even had a baby suit hung up also - really cute.

You will love the experiance, we went in November and spent the day there. The fish lagoon is amazing - watch out for the sharks!!!!

The meal was really nice too and everywhere is so clean.

Have a great time, wish I was coming with you!!!

Jan
Do they do a lot of sizes? I am just a bit worried about them not having my size, i am not massive or anything, i am not skinny either! but am just a bit worried so if anyone could help me out that would be great!

They do very large sizes. You don't even have to have a wetsuit you can just have a vest type which zips up at the front.
hi thanks for your replies, i'm a size 18 and feel a lot better now about going, it sounds silly but when your not a smil size 10 you worry about these things! i go 2 weeks tomorrow!!! can't wait!

Leanne
i'm a size 18 and feel a lot better now about going

There are bigger women going there than that (I for one) ........... You definately have nothing to worry about!
What happens if they can't open due to hurricanes? Do you forfeit your ticket or do they try to give you a different day?
They will try and fit you in on another day, it is very rare that they close due to hurricanes though!
On the wetsuits front I used to work for Discovery Cove and you wouldn't believe how many people worry about this...I know I did when I first went. So, I'll let you into a little secret...the suits go up to a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL!!!!! A 16XL! Big enough for Shamu himself!
Also, you can borrow prescription goggles there if you wear glasses. I think you might have to leave a credit card number to stop you stealing them but they are so worth it. You go in the gift shop and they will help you out, one of the women there is a Brit too and is amazing....she can guess your prescription just by looking at your glasses!
hiya heva2015... do you have to tell them your size to get a wetsuit or do you just try different ones on until you find one that fits... just wondering that their sizes are different to ours....
They are really good and can usually just look at you and hand you one so you don't need to reveal your size to anyone. Alot of the time they will hand you a couple to try the best. As a guide I'm a size 22 and I got a XL vest. I prefer the 'vests' (like zip up waistcost things) because they are much easier to get into and still allow leg tanning!
Hope that helps...any questions please ask!
hiya... can i just ask a couple more question i promise.. is the water the dolphins in really cold and thats why you wear the wetsuits :shock: ??? also do you know how much the dvd and pictures are to purchase?? i read somewhere back, but cannot see it now, there is a number to ring so that you can book your swim time in advance... :)

thanks
hi tracey
the water was very cold but you soon got use to it and with the wetsuits on you dont quite feel it as much!
about the pics, we got a photo deal, 3 photos and 2 magnets for around $64 i think, there were lots of different packs to deal from and they take lots of different pics. Dont buy a waterproof camera in the park they are very expensive and you cant take them in the water where the dolphins are! but i do recommend you get one for the snorkling as that was great and we got some great photos!
about the jackets and wet suits, as you can see i was a bit worried from my posts above about sizes they have etc, but its so not a problem, if you dont feel comfortable you can change your size to bigger or smaller.
any more questions i would be happy to answer them, other than when i got married going to discovery cove was one of the best days of my life, something i will never forget!! Its sooooooooo worth it!!!
Leanne xxx
The water is cool with the dolphins but I just wore the 'vest' and I was warm enough.
have just booked discovery cove,for nov 1st.i am well chuffed,i made a saving of $150,with a promotional code.it is giving $50 off,per person.feeling quite pleased about it :)
only thing is,you get the entrance into seaworld as well,but have already got, sea world tickets.the tickets i bought,have an expiry date of 31/12/07 & i know we aren't going,to florida next year,won't tell hubby this bit,just pleased with my saving!
tracy
Can you tell us who you booked with and what the promotional code is ? :shock:
yes sorry!!
i booked on their official web-site & it had a box,for a promotional code.
the code is RETURN
it was $249 per person,but with the code,it was $199 per person.
someone on here,recommended another site,for disney info,it's disboard,anyway,thought i would take a look,& they were talking about the code,on there.think the code is valid,until dec.
i was gonna book,last week,glad i waited.$150 is quite a nice saving :lol:
tracy
Thanks for that Tracey ..I must have missed it on the DIS Board :oops:
tracey99 maybe it is me and usually it is!!! but i checked the official discovery cove website and the only discount that is mentioned is for florida residents and you have to show proof of residency when you attempt to use your discounted ticket. :cry:
hi mainman!
don't click on the florida residency promotion.
click on book now,then click on, make a reservation,it will then have a box,on that page,where it tells you, to enter a promotion code,if you have one.it is in that box,where you put the code.
i thought it would be,$50 per booking,but the discount was per person.well pleased!!!! :)
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.