Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
travel republic was a very good company to book holidays with ....until they were taken over by thomas cook...........the standards of customer service since has gone rapidly down hill .which is a pity.......
I have booked with them and they are cheap for a reason! I must say, yes there has been soom problems, nothing that they haven't sorted out and I always stay on the phone until it is sorted. As for being told you have an apartment, well TR do this alot when you are actually in a hotel room. I asked them about this and they are some how covered legally.

Anyone reading this don't be put off booking with them, they were over £400 cheaper than any other online site or travel agent
I can't edit :duh

Also, apartments are rare in Greece and the only difference between an apartment and a hotel room in Greece is one has a fridge lol
Surely if you're SC you'd expect cooking facilities, whereas in B&B you wouldnt normally get them. Some people do still cook on holiday and not to have facilities would impact on finances somewhat, what if you hadn't budgeted for eating out twice a day?
I have to say that I've never experienced problems with them - I use them a lot for hotel bookings when attneind conferences in Europe and have found that they are always the cheapest for given hotels and I've never had problems with not getting what I've booked.

SM
I have booked several hotels with them and have never experienced any problem which has not been sorted out correctly, however when were they taken over by Thomas Cook?. I always alternate with them and WSH who sometimes get my business but not by much.

:think Dave
I have a hotel in Venice booked with them. I know that they do confirm the room until nearer the time but I called them the Hotel direct on Tuesday and my booking is confirmed so no problem.

No problem booking and the rooms cost £137 each for single occupancy. The nearest price I could get to there was £185 and now over £200 and this is room only. Our bookings are for B&B but the Breakfast is 52 euro if not included.

Even with TR themselves the price now is £185.

Sue
I too would like to know if and when they were taken over by Thomas Cook as thomas cook seems to many problems at the moment.

My son has just come back from Almeria,flight ,transfer and hotel booked with Travelrepublic no problems at all.But i do agree customer relations are rubbish.

maryb.
I too have booked loads of flights and hotels with Travel Republic and have never had a problem. Even when I've had to contact them, they have always been most helpful. We're going to Turkey on 8 September and have booked with them and they've been in contact already about the tickets to say they were on their way (and true enough, they arrived today).

I too didn't know they'd been taken over by Thomas Cook. Will still use them as their prices are good - have saved a fortune over the years.
I didn't think they had been taken over by thomas cook. I know they use hotels4u.com which Thomas cooks owns as one of their accomodation providers and TR have stressed they are the agent and my booking is with hotels4u.com if I have problem about the hotel. IF TR was owned by Thomas cook then they wouldn't be telling me how they are an agent.Sorry this isn't making sense :duh
On Travel Republic's website it states they are independent of any tour operators.

Judith
Its funny this question of a tie up with thomas cook should crop up. I wasnt aware they had been taken over and admitidly havnt read the other TR thread but I did notice on their site the other day a lot of thomas cook advertising . My immediate reaction was "my god are they now part of TC " but then after a closer look it did just look like lots of advertising . Would be interesting to know the truth . I truely hope they havnt because its getting hard enough to find competition within the main T/Os and if all of our DIY options are now going the same way we are stuffed.

off for a better looksey at their site now

lyn
I've had no problems with them. Have booked twice with TR over the past year, and went ok. Got what I booked/asked for. Didn't have to deal with their customer services.
I have also had no problems with TR and did have dealings with their customer service team, I got through to them straight away and my query was answered promptly.
I am sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction re. Travel Republic. Like many others, I have used them for numerous bookings and have always been extremely satisfied. Jenny x
l have used travel republic the last five times not only booking holidays for myself but for friends and family also due to unfortunate circumstances my aunt and uncle have had to cancel the holiday with them just four weeks before they were due to go his matter was dealt with very quickly and efficiently and would have no problem with using trave republic for any bookings in the future.
jan
Have used this company for quite a few years now and never had any problem. Always the cheapest quotes online so much so that I find it hardly worthwhile to search anywhere else.Maybe I have just been lucky.
My only complaint is that they have 'fake' sales. Book now for 20% off, all they do is quote an over inflated price, put a line through it and then quote a price 20% lower. As soon as the sale ends the prices are the same as the prices they previously made out had been reduced by 20% :duh

I don't like it well companies treat people like idiots - doesn't really leave many companies though :rofl

They always used to be cheaper but I find that their prices are much nearer to all the other accommodation providers now.
Hello Mark

I know what you are saying Mark, but you do have to have a good idea of the proper price through regular checking of them against such as WSH and Alpha Rooms etc. The tactics you describe are practised every day by the big super markets.

Dave :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.