Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry you have had a problem,but to be honest we have used them several times and have never had any thing but a first class service,do as Wizard says and contact Steve who i am sure will sort out your problem

Alan
If you search HT you will find many cases where Steve has managed to make an amicable arrangement for most customers,if you don't give him a chance then you may not know what would have happened,

as i said TR are no better or worse than many on line travel agents, you would be hard pressed to fined any that members haven't complained about at some time and that includes the big high street names

wizard
The problem is likely to be with the hotel supplier - if you let members here have some more information on exactly what happened they could perhaps offer further suggestions as to how to get this sorted but Steve has an excellent track record in helping members sort very similar problems out and I'm not sure why you seem nwilling to contact him for assistance?

I have to say that my experience of Travel Republic has been very different to yours - I've never had a problem with bookings made through them.

SM
roiscl2 wrote:
Unfortunately thought this was a genuine holiday truths forum. Did not realise it was pr probably paid watchdog for travel companies!

That's the usual sort of response from people that get replies from people that don't agree with them.

TR are no better or worse than many other OTAs. They don't overbook the hotels, and only pass on what their suppliers tell them.
Steve is very good, but possibly approaching him with a better attitude than you have so far displayed on here might help.
I am sorry about your plans, but really give the guy a try, otherwise dummy and pram spring to mind, i have been on HT since it first started and members always try to help one another, we are a team and i am sure Steve will try to help, perhaps a little less attitude will go a long way to sorting this :)
:really I have booked with TR many times and I travel to Turkey tomorrow. I served my time in the travel industry for 15 years and sometimes things happen through no fault of your own. I always treated people how I would like to be treated. When someone offers help a hostile response leaves a bad taste. I sincerely hope things are resolved to your satisfaction. Having always worked for an independant Travel Agency I use this site because it has maintained such and is trustworthy.
obviously you have blinkered vision and only see what you want to as no one on here has said tr are great ??
all they have said is give the guy a chance to respond to your problem that's all.
If you search the forum you will find that there is hardly a TA or TO that has not fallen down at some point and let customers down. Members here have tried to offer you help but you haven't provided us with any detail other than that the hotel was overbooked - which would have been done by either the hotel themselves or the bed supplier that TR booked you via - and that you weren't happy with the alternative hotel that you were offered. None of which provides the detail that is needed if we are to offer you concrete assistance.

I can understand that you are frustrated with the situation but that is no reason to take out your anger on members here or for making totally unfounded allegations that HT is a PR outfit paid for by Travel Agents. Far from it - if you look through the the rest of the complaints forum you will see that advice from members here has not only helped others to get refunds etc but also compensation. We can only judge Steve by his past actions which have been excellent - you'll find many people here who have had their complaints sorted to their satisfaction as a result of what he has accomplished. But slagging people off who are only trying to help does your cause no good at all.

SM
Well looking at the bottom of the page this forum has 756,122 posts all of which are made by holiday makers, none of whom have a vested interest in the travel industry apart from the odd travel agent that tries to help out now and again

To be honest the best way to get help from people on here is not really to slag them off and accuse them of bias.

If you want the security of proper package holiday, pay the extra and book withThomson. Thomas Cook, Cosmos, who tend to block book their hotel rooms up front for the season.

If you book a dynamic package with the likes of travel republic, onthebeach etc run more of a risk of their of their hotel suppliers letting them (and thus you) down.

Presumably TR will let you keep your flights, refund you the hotel costs and let you book direct with a bed booker or direct with the hotel if you can find availability elsewhere. Perhaps that would be a better solution for you than just taking whatever hotel TR have offered as a replacement, at least you will then feel more in control of your accommodation.
I can understand folks being angry, frustrated and disappointed - I'm sure we have all been there at some point for one reason or another - I know I have. :oops:
But what I cannot abide is bad manners. Doesn't anybody know how to say 'please' or 'thank you' these days?

If you're going to go ranting off on forums and someone tries to help by giving you a contact email address for Steve, who has helped members with problems concerning TR, then at least have the common decency to say 'thank you'.

Sanji
I can too Sanji as it is frustrating when something you think is a firm booking goes wrong.

I also wish she had told us which hotel it was as there are a lot of people on here who are helpful and would probably looked about to see if it was listed with anyone else if TR released her from the hotel part of the booking, or maybe suggested one that was similar to her first choice, rather han th one TR habe suggested. I think people just get angry and want to take it out on anyone.
I also think that some people just don't want to listen unless its what they want to hear, so in their frustration they resort to attacking the person trying to help them.
Hi there
We have booked with Travel Republic a couple of times and have had no problems. So has my sister, she used them before me for quite a few holidays, and still does, she has had a flight change once and it was a bit of a pain, she had to change date of travel. But all in all not a bad service. Like all travel companies they all have problems at times. Even companies like Thomas Cook, make mistakes. I do not work for any travel company.
Really don't understand why someone comes on here looking for help and then turns on people trying to help. This site has always given a lot of good, helpful advice out and desn't want anything in return. Yes it's frustrating what's happened to you but try contacting the guy like they have suggested and you might be pleasantly surprised. For what it's worth I have travelled with TR 3 times and going to Cyprus with them this year and , touch wood, have never had a problem with them. I am certainly not a paid PR person!
Anyone use twitter? Google the marketing professional :)
I don't use twitter Michelle - can you tell us what it's about please?
If you are a marketing professional i thought this would mean you do a lot of PR work, so therefore pot calling the kettle black, saying we get paid and PR for HT etc etc. On her twitter account she has also put on there about do not use TR, maybe she wants them all for herself lol
I don't know about this one, this persons reaction does not seem real to me and makes no sense at all. Some people just get a kick out of winding other people up.

I am not sure this is a genuine complaint, I may be wrong and the OP may just have a very very very short fuse or maybe a different agenda all together :(
Why the shouting (Capitals in the title) if you have a problem then doing so only causes people - as the OP states to read from the script - although based on the assistance given by SteveTR in the past I am sure they are more professional than that. Seeking assistance on a forum is a good way of resolving a problem and a little research would have showed the OP that this particular forum, unlike most has a reputation for being independent but also telling things "How It Is" - we don't do false sympathy. You do however have to accept the answer you receive is not always going to be the one you wish to hear - but life is like that.
Suggesting members are doing a PR job for TR or any other travel company shows a lack of respect for the people who can help you out of your dillema and certainly wont win friends.
The best advice has been given, contact Steve who will do everything possible to assist. Strange as it may seem they have been let down by the supplier - it is not only you. Being stubborn and refusing to accept this solves nothing - give them a chance to help.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.