General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I dress totally different on holiday to how I do at home.

It is much warmer when I am on holiday, therefore I do not need layers and layers of clothes. Also, My main activity when on holiday is diving, so I am dressed in a wetsuit..again, it is too cold in this country to wear a wetsuit to go diving in. At night, I am usually on the boat..so my attire when diving is done and before we shower off for the day is a dressing gown with swimwear underneath..or sometimes shorts and a top.
When showered off for the day, trackie bottoms, a t shirt and a fleece (depending on how chilly it gets at night)..usually, I am knackered and in bed by 9pm when it is dive boot camp (and on the last holiday, I had a dose of pharoah's so I was in bed before then!)

On a land based holiday, I would generally go out in a nice pair of lightweight trousers or 3/4 trousers with sandals, a nice blouse and sometimes a lightweight cardigan..again it depends on how chilly it gets at night. I very rarely wear skirts at the best of times and definitely it would be a rare occurence for me to wear one on holiday!!
I dress differently on holiday, more casual. I don't possess a skirt so usually linen trousers and a nice top for evening, with sandals or flat pumps.Daytime 3/4 trousers and a T shirt and sandals unless I've got swimwear on.
At home I tend to dress a lot smarter with heels and maybe a tailored shirt with the trousers. More relaxed on holiday, lol.
I dress smarter on holidays than I do at home- well I thnk I do anyway :D When I'm at home I'm in jeans and top (unless i'm in work) but when on holiday I like to dress up a bit for the evenings - usually a summer dress with some sandals or linen trousers with a smart top. During the day though, I always wear a bikini topped with a beach dress or shorts and vest. If I'm around the pool all day I might just wear a kaftan when I'm off to the bar or to get some lunch.
I wear skirts and dresses both here in this country and abroad. Obviously overseas do not have the tights etc on. Don't wear high heels in this country, and certainly do not wear them abroad either :)

Tend not to worry about my hair as much when on holiday as I do here :think
I presume we're talking about holidays in hot countries. Well I certainly wouldn't wear a bikini and kaftan for breakfast in this country :rofl Seriously, I do have some clothes that only come out for holidays. I certainly feel less self conscious on holidays, as no one knows me. Daytime would be bikini and kaftan or shorts and top if off on a trip. EVening wear is usually a cotton dress of some kind, with an ocasional pair of linens, and nice top. Sandals are nearly always flat.
Im most comfortable in jeans/leggings with tops (in winter) and crop trousers with vest tops (summer) but, on holiday I will wear dresses which is something I rarely wear at home unless its a very special occasion ;) . I will wear a bikini on holiday and feel completely at home in it, but wouldnt dream of wearing one at a swimming pool at here :que .

I have clothes that only come out for our jollies as well so yes, I suppose I do.
For some bizarre reason I am rarely careful not to show too much when I am on holiday :que I am not anywhere that deems me to cover up but you know.
yes i do dress differently on my hols, as i am plus size i do not wear shorts much at home but on my hols where it is warm and i do not know anyone i can relax and enjoy myself. so shorts, swimsuits, 3/4 trews, floaty tops, skirts all make a change to jeans and black work trews. just don't take too many holiday pics. xphx :rofl
Holiday = suntan = looking good in white clothes. I love wearing my favourite white linen trousers and white sundress on holiday. They are both about four years old but have washed well and my old holiday favourites I can't leave behind. Somehow I just wouldn't feel as good strutting my stuff in them on the streets of Coventry :rofl
Speedos, banana hammocks, hawaiian shirts, flip flops , hat and sunglasses! Unless I'm on holiday where I wear a tuxedo! :)
You got a hankie with 4 knotted corners as well :tup
chivas- banana hammocks :rofl :rofl

I have got certain items of clothes that i call "holiday clothes", (Mainly Evening clothes) i only ever wear them on holiday. I wash and iron them when i get home and put them back in the case to store them. I dont have to worry too much that i havent got anything to wear as these clothes are only worn 1 or 2 weeks of the year so always look new. One problem though-every year on the holiday photos i am always wearing the same clothes :duh

:sun2 Lily. x
Rachincov wrote:
Holiday = suntan = looking good in white clothes

I always save something white for my flight home. Im one of those people that sit in the airport waiting to come home saying to hubby "im not tanned...look at her...she got a lovely tan...im still pale..." White definately helps especially when you land on home soil and everyone is pale is comparison ;)
Now im thinking about it, I have clothes that I wear early on the holiday when im feeling all pale and English and then clothes that are for later in the holiday when im all sunkissed and paler colours look better.
Anyone have first week clothes, which show off that you've lost a few pounds to go away, and second week ones, which are slightly bigger, to wear after all the eating and drinking starts to take effect :tup
My holiday clothes are casual, at work I am usually suited and home casual jeans etc so on holiday I wear smart casual trousers, skirts and have a new liking for dresses again. Last year invested in some lovely Maxi dresses which are still great and will wear this year too and have also also bought some knee (ish) length dresses that are smart but still very summery which I am looking forward to wearing. I do take jeans, but as I wear mostly at home I like to wear other things.
I never take jeans on a summer holiday abroad Miss Pink, although I notice that many do. I find them much too warm, although I do like linens.
i wear shorts on holiday , and would never wear them at home only to do the gardening in
The only jeans I take are the ones I have probably flown in and the same pair I will fly back to the cold English weather in!
Dont wear them at all on holiday no matter whether I am land or sea based.
Don't know about when I go to NZ though as we are going to LA, Hong Kong and Sydney and there will be so many different climates!
Some things I wear on holiday are the same as I wear at home but others aren't really. I don't wear shorts at home unless I am in the garden, I just can't walk round the street in London in shorts! I wouldn't wear a sarong out either :rofl

I do have some other things that do seem holiday clothes too, although not as many as I used to have. I try not to take as much as I used to either but I still end up with far too much ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.